Status: Work in progress

Where Did You Come From?

WarHammer

Norman's P.O.V.

When I awoke the bed was empty. I jumped up, running downstairs to see an envelope on the coffee table with my name on it- her car keys and engagment ring beside it. I tore it open, tears streaming down my face. I wanted to say goodbye.

Norman,

Thank you for teaching me there are good men in this world outside of the circle I chose to surround myself with. My father would of loved you. I loved you. If you are okay with it I would like to keep a relationship with Mingus. He means the world to me and I cant imagine my life without his friendship. I called Greg after you fell asleep- there are only a bit left he needs me for but im taking my six weeks of maternity leave. I can't see you. I can't be near you and not touch you. When I come back please don't.... please.

I hope you have an amazing life. I hope your daughter is as beautiful as Ella would of been- her first words are Dada and she has your smile. Everything happens for a reason. You and Diane need to figure out what this means for you... and move forward accordingly. I don't know if I will ever be able to see you again... as much as I hate losing your friendship. I hate leaving this job but there will be others.

I left you the car. The ring. I can not have the reminders of how we should of been sitting around. Focus on your little girl. I know if I had the chance to have Ella back I would jump on it. Being a mom again wasn't in the cards for me.

I'm going to London. I'm going to write music, have rockstar sex, drink way too much and try to fall in love again. You will always be the best mistake I ever made.

Take Care,

Danielle


I dropped to my knees, clutching the letter against my chest- for the first time since I meet her praying for a quick death.

****************************************************

Danielle's P.O.V.

It was pouring rain as I stepped out of the cab- paying my fee and waving goodbye. I walked to the gate- waving to the security guy as he allowed me inside- my manager flashing a badge as we entered the venue. Jim greeted me immediately with a hug, welcoming me to London. I smiled, pulling away from him when I heard Corey's voice.

"Hey D." He said softly as I wrapped my arms around him tightly, my soul feeling a little lighter as we embraced. It had been fifty three hours since I wrote Norman a note and walked out of his life, leaving a job I loved and a man I loved all at the same time.

"The media at both airports was a fucking nightmare." I told him as he held me tight. "He released the news of the baby... their engagment..."

"Corey... there's press out here. If you could go someplace more private..." my manager pleaded as Corey shrugged, shaking his head.

"You care?" He asked me as I shook my head. "Good." He muttered, picking me up and kissing me deeply in front of the cameras all around us from both rock outlets covering the show and paparazzi following me alike.

I knew the pictures would hurt Norman but I didn't care. He was moving on.... so was I.

**********************************

The after-party was in full swing backstage as all the performers and the crew relaxed from the long day and the longer tour. Everyone was basically going home tomorrow while Stone Sour was staying behind to do an acoustic show in a few days. After I left Norms house I called Corey- told him everything and he invited me to come stay him him. I left the next day.

"You mean to tell me this dude put you thru all that? What a dick!" Jim exclaimed, taking a shot of tequila as I nodded. "You took a fucking bullet for him!"

I shrugged, sitting on Corey's lap as he comfortably put his arms around my waist.

"I told you before and I'll tell you again. I foster men till they find their forever homes." Everyone laughed as I shrugged, taking a shot.

"Wanna get out of here?" Corey mumbled into my ear as the after party raged on and I nodded, saying our goodbyes and following my manager to an unmarked car to take us to the hotel. We kept things PG till we got in the room- talking about the show and the tour they were on.

Once upstairs and alone the conversation turned serious. The way he studied me as I moved.... the way he touched me. The smile he gave me when I wasn't able to smile on my own.

I got into shower, washing away the days sweat and my lifes disappointments. What was I doing? I wanted to feel better... Corey did that for me. He was there thru my marriage, their death.... my addiction.... everything. Anytime I've been single hes been involved and vice-versa. This was the first time we have both been available to explore the possibility of 'us' if he was even interested.

"Hey you good?" He asked, standing outside the large glass shower.

"Yeah. You umm.... need to get in?" I asked, feeling shy for the first time in a long time.

"I was gonna just uhh... get in but then I was... I don't wanna push an agenda or anything. I'm just happy your here."

I opened the door, standing there naked and vulnerable- looking at him exposed as he stood there the same. His heavily tattooed body, messy blonde hair- I put my hand out to him and he allowed me to pull him in, shutting the door as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Cor..... I.... I feel like I'm cheating on him...." I said with a sigh and he nodded, kissing my lips. My lips tingled from the contact as my arms went around his neck, my lips kissing his to regain the feeling.

"You want this? You want this.... with me?" He asked and I nodded.

"Do you?" I asked him as he nodded, kissing me again.

"I regret its taken us this long to try this whole... happily ever after thing out." He chuckled. "I'm going thru a nasty divorce. You're well... you might as well be seeing how public it is. I don't exactly feel like I deserve your love or your support." He shrugged, kissing me. "But I'll be dammed if I pass on our chance."

"I love you. But full disclosure... I carry a torch for another man. Gonna take me some time to get over him." I whispered, laying my head on his chest.

"I'm a patient man."