Status: Work in progress

Where Did You Come From?

Crushed

Norman's P.O.V.

The walls were plain. A simple shade of off-white with simple dark blue curtains. A light blue sofa and two chairs were placed in the living room, a large flat screen television hung on the wall. Pictures of Diane and her friends were hanging on either side of the TV- her wide smile in every one.

I looked down at my arms. This beautiful little girl slept in my arms, a small smile on her perfect little face. She had her mothers nose and chin- my hair and eyes. Arabella was the perfect fusion of us and a perfect little human. I stood, carrying her to the nursery and laying her down in the crib, watching her sleep for a few moments before stepping outside on the balcony to smoke a much needed cigarette.

I loved my daughter.
Hated my wife.
Missed my fiancee.

I opened my phone and pulled up her latest video- watching it for the third time since it dropped. I listened to album every chance I got and followed her band like it was the second coming of Jesus. She was so hurt..... so angry..... so crushed....

But she wasn't.

Instagram posts of her and Corey kissing, laughing, writing music and adoring one another. He commented on every one of her posts, reminding her how much he loved her- his looks of admiration when he looked at her- talked about her in interviews. Dani was not holding back either. She admitted that she left me on more than one occasion. Said the losing the baby caused us to grow apart and she took comfort in a long time friend and they fell in love.

It was all a bunch of bullshit.
But... okay.

"Hey, you wanna order in? I'm thinking sushi." Diane said as she came outside and I nodded. "How goes the stalkering..?" She asked and I sighed.

"I'm sorry. I'm...."

"I get it Norm. But Arabella needs her daddy here.... in the present. I listened to Danielles album. I guess the one song is about you right?"

"Which one?"

"A couple of them... definitely black wedding."

"Yeah." I sighed.

"You will be okay Norm. You have me. Our daughter. Mingus- although he hates my guts and won't speak to me when he visits. You still have him."

"I know. I'm working on it. She's just so happy." I muttered, pulling up a short video a friend of theirs posted of Corey kissing Dani, dipping her down as she wraps her arms around him. When the kiss breaks shes smiling, pulling him back for another. Captioned They are so in love- it's gross.

"We could ... do that too.... if you want." She told me gently, touching my hand with her fingertips.

"Nah. Imma head out for a while." I frowned, watching her fingers shrink back.

"You wanna sleep in my bed.... with me tonight?" She asked and I shrugged. "You don't have to have your own room. We can share... even if we don't have sex."

"I just..... I need space." I told her, feeling like shit as she looked crushed. Apparently I'm the master of ruining the lives of women who love me. "Look Diane... order food. Let's watch a movie. Drink some wine. Let's try..."

"Ok!" She said excitedly, going back inside with a smile on her face. I looked down at my phone, watching the video of Dani and Corey kissing for the hundredth time, reading her comment- appearing as I stared... knowing we were digital screens away from each other.

This is the happiest I have ever been. Te Amo Mi Amor. Forever and Always. Thanks for posting this moment Jason!

My heart sank as I read her words over and over. I wanted to break my phone- fly to Vegas and smash Corey's face in for touching the woman I loved. But I couldn't. It wouldn't stop her from loving him- only make her hate me. I still had hope that one day- we would find each other again.

*********************************************************

Danielle's P.O.V.

I stared out into the massive crowd and smiled at them while they screamed for more. Thousands of people- all eyes on me. And backstage- a man whom I desired more than any before him.

"As so many of you know- I had a pretty awful year last year. Got shot.... lost a child.... and I walked away from the relationship I was in. Couple weeks later the guy got married."

Boos were heard- louder and louder as the crowd felt my pain all at the same time. I laughed into the mic- allowing them to feel my story.

"Ok settle down. When one door closes- a window opens. Don't give up- you will miss the beauty in the world. Lets hear it for the man who is coming out to sing this song with me... the man who I slay dragons for... Mr. Corey Taylor!" I yelled as the crowd went insane- Corey stepping out on stage and kissing me without a care in the world.

"Black wedding Everyone." I winked at the camera as the song began.

Once the show ended I stepped out into the cool night air- breathing deeply. Slipknot was going on in a half hour so there was some time but they were getting ready and I needed to unwind. My phone rang and I answered it- not looking to see who it was.

"Hey D." Norms voice took over my ear as I lit a joint and sat down on the concrete steps.

"Hey Norm."

"Your concert was live streamed." He told me, as if I didn't already kmow.

"Yeah..." I replied, shrugging my shoulders. "You watched it?"

"Yeah....." he sighed. "My daughter is beautiful. She has my eyes. Turned one month tonight."

"That's good. I'm happy for you." I told him softly. "Did you need something or...."

"She wants me to share a bed with her. A room. I have the guest room right now. We are roommates. Married roommates."

"So share a bed.... I don't really know what you want me to say..." I told him, smiling as Corey came outside in full gear. "I gotta go. Have a good night." I hung up, Corey helping me to my feet.

"I fucking love you Corey." I told him, kissing his mask as he smirked behind it.