Status: Work in progress

Where Did You Come From?

San Diego pt 1

"Good morning beautiful." Corey murmered in my ear, kissing my back as I laid there on my stomach with a pillow over my head. "I just want you to know that I love you."

"And...." I asked as he laughed.

"And today your leaving for San Diego." I could hear the worry in his voice as he spoke and I turned over, facing him. Yep. Worry was all over his face.

"I bought you a plane ticket. If you want it. Greg said it was fine if you wanna come." I shrugged, smiling as I watched the relief wash over his face.

"You're serious?" He asked and I nodded. "Griff is here...."

"Babe. Griff is coming too. Duh." I told him as he smirked. "Get yourself together. I know you think you have to worry.... but you don't."

I smirked as Avaris came into the room, jumping onto the bed. Corey's youngest daughter was six and an absolute delight. Jason agreed to watch her while we were gone. Honestly, I wanted Corey to come because Norm made me weak- and despite how great everything was going... I still loved that man.

"Can you braid my hair?" She asked me as she crawled into my lap and I nodded, grabbing a brush and hair tie off the dresser beside the bed and got to work. "Daddy. When are you marrying Dani?" She asked and I frowned- looking at Corey as he stuttered.

"I... uhh.... I'm still.... married to your mom kid." He choked out and I laughed at his response.

"Then she won't always be here?" She pouted as I put the hair tie in her short blonde hair.

"Babygirl.... I'm not going anywhere." I reassured, kissing her cheek and tickling her as she squealed and ran out of the room- clearly satisfied with that answer.

**********************************************

"Danielle! Danielle! Can you comment on Norman's recent hospitalization?"

"Danielle! Do you blame yourself?"

The reporters were all over the place when we got off the airplane- Corey holding my hand tightly, Griff standing proudly beside me as we made our way thru the mob and into a car with my manager. We didn't talk till we pulled away- paparazzi banging on the windows as we pulled away.

"What hospitalization?" Corey asked and I shrugged.

"He was on suicide watch last week after an overdose. You didn't know?" Linda, my new manager, and Corey's as well, asked me but I simply shook my head.

"We are doing this thing where we avoid all the bullshit." Griff told her with a shrug. "Between the divorce drama... Danielle's drama... the never-ending Norman Reedus drama..... we can't breathe." He exclaimed. The whole thing was getting to him- we knew that. So we made a strict no social media rule in the house around the kids. We had to protect them at least a little.

We got to comic-con, being lead out of the car and lead thru areas backstage to TWD area. Greg hugged me tightly, shaking Corey and Griff's hands after.

"Hey kid! Great to see you. I need you over here in this room-" pointing to a black door. "We have an interview in five. Then a panel- cast and crew alike. Tomorrow you are doing walkers all day- and Sunday you are doing a thing with Supernatural right?"

I nodded, watching as he gave the guys backstage passes. My stomach was in knots as Greg opened the door- Norm sitting ten feet away looking worse than ever before- talking to Jeff completely oblivious I had arrived. I kissed Corey goodbye- knowing how excited he was to go explore.

Norms eyes were on me the second I stepped into the room. We hadn't spoken in a month- I hugged person after person as they greeted me- our eyes never leaving each other. Finally he stood, approaching me slowly and pulling me to him tightly, holding me close till Greg made him let go.

The interview didn't last long and everyone headed off to get ready for the panel. Jeff and Andy hung back- both watching as Norman held me again. He smelled like booze and bad decisions.

"You look like shit." I told him and he smirked.

"Yeah well.... seeing you brings out the best in me." He muttered, finally letting me go as Jeff pulled him away and out the door as he stared at me with black eyes. He looked so alone.

"You know he's a total wreck! Hes drinking himself to death. Diane says he calls your name in his sleep. You should talk to him." Andy muttered to me, frowning as he spoke. "You are rubbing your happiness in his face. You could at least pretend it hurts you!" He snapped at me- his chest puffed out.

"Woah. What did I miss?" Lauren and Steven asked as they walked in. Andy frowned and stormed out of the room- the door banging behind him.

"Apparently I ruined Norm's life...." I muttered, sitting down- feeling like the wind was knocked out of me. "He got married. He..."

"Honey.... you gotta just let him have his misery. Its jealousy...." Lauren said, leaning down and hugging me.

"Honestly D... hes pissed cause this is all his own fault. Let him throw his fits. I'll go talk to Andy." Steven shrugged, walking away.

"So.... do you have threesomes with all your men?" Lauren asked, causing me to chuckle.

*******************************************

I spent the entire second day changing fans into walkers for six hours and by the end I was completely over it. Corey was overwhelmed with Comic-Con and didn't want to leave when I was done so I walked around with him for a while- Griff off hanging out with some girl he knew from back home.

"Danielle!" I heard a deep voice say and I turned around to see Jensen Ackles calling me from the autograph table twenty feet away. I approached him with a wave as security let us behind the barrier. "Holy shit girl I didnt think I would see you till tomorrow!" He exclaimed, pulling me into a hug. Jared following suite.

"Hey! This is Corey." I smirked as I introduced them- knowing they were both huge fans of each other. They shook hands as they both stood there with stupid grins on their faces. "Ok... well.... umm... you two are making it awkward and you have a line..." I pointed to the fifty people I cut off as Jared laughed.

"Dude. This is Corey Taylor!" He exclaimed to Jared as he nodded his head at his best friend. "Danielle brought him... over here."

"Dude. He can hear..." Jared replied, shaking his head. "Hey man... I'm Jared. Nice to meet you." He told Corey as Corey nodded, shaking his hand.

"Your show fucking rocks." Corey said quickly, his face turning red. "Huge fan. Seriously."

"You like our show?!" Jensen asked loudly, looking at Jared with a huge grin. "He likes our show!" He looked at me and pulled me in for another hug. "Am I being punked?" He asked quietly as I laughed.

"Thats not even a thing anymore!" I told him with a chuckle. "Get back to work!" I reminded him.

"We are doing dinner later. You guys wanna come?" Jared asked and we nodded, accepting his invitation. "Cast and crew- I'll text you the info D."

Agreeing we walked away as Corey smirked, kissing my cheek- doing his best to avoid the crowd of fans following us, security trying to help. "You have the coolest friends!" He exclaimed, grinning like an idiot.