Status: Work in progress

Where Did You Come From?

Coal Miners

It had been a year since I left Norman and I barely ever thought about him. The season of Supernatural went well- I only did a few episodes due to scheduling conflicts- but loved every minute of it.

Corey was offically divorced- the new Slipknot album out as well as another from my own band and we were living life for us- noone else. During the divorce it was revealed that Avaris was not his biological child- one more thing his bitter ex wife took from him. We were both so damaged but somehow we took all that anger and hate and spun it into liquid gold for our fans.

I smiled at him across the breakfast table as we sat in comfortable silence- Les Miserables on the stero playing in the background as we were buried deep in our phones. We had just got done eating homemade breakfast burritos- our plates still sitting in front of us.

This life we lived was absolutely perfect.

I got us, grabbing the dirty dishes and rinsing them off before sticking them in the dishwasher. I then grabbed the salsa, walking over to the fridge and opening the door- putting it away while humming to the music. The door closed and there was Corey- down on one knee, ring in his fingers, smile on his face.

He didn't even speak as I dropped to my knees in front of him and started crying- nodding as he put the ring on my finger, hugging me tightly. There wasn't a doubt in my mind that this isn't the way our life should turn out. We were perfect for one another and we were madly in love.

"What the fuck did I miss?" Jason said as he walked into the kitchen- causing us both to start laughing as I wiped the tears from my eyes. "Aww dude, you did it?" He asked Corey as I held my hand up and Corey nodded. "Congrats guys. Umm.. is there still breakfast?"

***************************************************

"You said yes." Corey whispered as he laid in bed beside me, admiring my naked form- glistening with sweat from making love.

"I did." I responded, kissing his lips. "Did you think there was a chance I wouldn't?"

"No.... I just...... you really make me so fucking happy."

"I wish.... fifteen years ago when I first met you we could of skipped all the other shit in our lives." I shrugged. "We could of had fifteen years of this."

"We are who we are because of our past." He reassured me. " I am looking forward to touring with you for the next nine months."

"So is Griff." I chuckled. "We are going to be full on tourists. Everywhere."

"Oh fuck Griff!" Corey cursed, jumping up and throwing on some clothes. "I gotta go grab him from Nathan's house! I'm like an hour late!" He waved as he ran out the door and I got up- pulling on clothes and going out back with Browser- our German Shepard we adopted. My phone rang and with a sigh I answered it- knowing eventually he would call.

"Hey Norman."

"You're getting married?" I could hear the pain in his voice and I, for a moment, felt sorry for him. I posted it the night before, as did Corey, but was suprised when I saw a comment from Diane saying Congrats from our happy family to yours. I knew the ring to her meant Norm couldn't go back. Or... wouldn't. I guess.

"Yeah. I am."

"I always thought....." he began and stopped himself, sighing deeply. "I named my daughter Arabella... so Ella could live on thru her."

"I kinda figured." I told him, smiling for a moment as I watched Browser roll around on his back in the grass. "How is your almost one year old doing?"

"She said Da Da first. Has my smile when she's up to no good. Already walking." He boasted proudly. "And I'm okay too. Went vegan for the health benefits. Still can not resist bacon from time to time."

"You sound better." I told him as he chuckled.

"I just.... I wanted to say congratulations. And tell you how fucking sorry I am for....... shit. All of it."

"Me too Norm. Me too." I replied.

"You happy?"

"Yeah. I really am. How bout you?"

"Yeah. I'm getting there. You killed it on Supernatural." He chuckled as I smirked at the compliment. "You still watching Walking Dead?"

"Umm.... yeah. I'm behind honestly. Corey and I will binge it on tour." I waved as Griff came outside and handed me a coffee from Starbucks. 'Thank You' I mouthed as he nodded. "Let me get off here Norm. Have a great life. I really wish you the best."

"You too Dani. You too." He said sadly as the call disconnected.

"Norm... as in Norman Reedus?" Corey asked with a smirk and I nodded. "That guy can't take a hint. Lemme guess? He saw the post?"

"Basically." I shrugged.

"Wait till he figures out the song on the slipknot album is about him!" Griff exclaimed, laughing his ass off. "He will be ready to throw punches all over again."

"Bring it." Corey joked, grabbing the stick Browser had in his mouth and throwing it into the grass.