My Midnight Love

Chapter 1: Deilah's POV

“BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!” Blares the alarm clock. Peeking under from my covers, I saw that it was 6:45 am. My first class didn’t start until 8 am so I had some time to kill. Getting up, I went into my bathroom and started the shower, then headed over to my dresser to pick out some clothes. I got out my black sports bra, underwear, black ripped skinny jeans, and a Ninja Turtle long sleeve shirt.

Going back to the shower, I started to wash up and then got dressed.
After getting dressed, I went downstairs to get some breakfast and make some coffee for mom. She’s been working her ass off to provide for Mimi and me. I have a job at the local animal shelter, but it pays okay. Not as much as I thought, but money is money.

Putting my dishes away, I went into Mimi’s room to wake her up and get her ready for school. “Mimi, time to wake up.” I rocked her arm to get her to stir. Nothing. Smirking, I went back downstairs and got a piece of sausage that I made. I went back up and placed it under her nose. Within minutes, she woke up and went after the meat, biting my finger in the process.
“Damn Mimi!” I yelled out. “What are you? Some kind of wild animal?” I said while sucking on my finger.

Mimi was laughing and tried to say something, but she was laughing so hard to a point where tears were coming down her face. “Nah but you know how I am with food. Don’t put food under my nose unless you wanna get bit.” She said while getting up. She got her clothes out for the day and went into her bathroom. I got up and went downstairs, seeing my mom in the kitchen already. She was nursing a cup of coffee and eating some of the food I made.

“Hey mom,” I said while kissing her cheek. She smiled at me and swallowed her coffee before talking.

“Hey honey. Thanks for making the coffee, I needed it.” I nodded my head and went to wash my hands after dealing with the ankle biter. “Mimi got you huh?” She asked.

“Yeah! The little gremlin.” I said while drying my hands. I went to get my bag from the countertop and made sure that my things were there.

“Did you put food under her nose again?” I nodded again. “Dumbass. Told you she was like a dog with a bone when it comes to food.” She started to laugh and then placed her things in the sink and started to wash them.

“But she wasn’t waking up! She sleeps like a bear and then when I put the food under her nose, she woke up.” Mimi comes downstairs and smiles at mom and me.

“She totally deserved it though,” Mimi smirked and then got some food.

“Uh-huh, sure I did. Gremlin.” I muttered under my breath. Smiling, I got my phone, wallet, car keys, and bag from the countertop and kissed mom and Mimi. “I’m heading over to the vet for my shift after school. Don’t wait up for me. I don’t know how busy it’s gonna be.”

“Okay honey. Let me know when you are on the way home so I can make sure dinner is out for you.” Mom said while walking me to the door.

“Sounds good. Have a good day at work and a good day at school, Mimi. Love you.” I said while walking out to my car.

I have the best car ever. It was a 1976 Ford Mustang GT. It was my fathers, who I didn’t remember, but mom gave it to me for my 16th birthday and managed to keep it a secret. It was the best thing I got.

Heading over to the school, I went to a parking spot and parked. Getting out, I got my things and headed over to the main office. I was starting my first day at this new school and this was my final year before graduating. Why am I starting my senior year here? Well, it started when my mom got a new job that made her travel a lot. So, we pretty much have been everywhere and finally, we managed to stay here. Mom said she wanted us to put down some roots since we were always on the move. And turns out, mom was raised here so she knows the area and the principal was her high school classmate.

Getting into the office, I went to the receptionist and got my class schedule and locker combo. I had some AP classes and some regular classes and I had 6th-period lunch. So, I went to my locker and did the combo when it was shut again.

“Oh, looky here! We have a newbie in the house.” I turned to the voice and saw a tall, alabaster twig in heels. She had fake blond hair and horrible makeup on. “So, new girl. You have a name or your just gonna keep staring?” she asked in a nasty tone.

“Nope. Not worth it. Look, I am not trying to start anything since I probably won’t be here for long. I won’t get in your way and don’t get in mine. I’ll treat this like the plague and stay away.” I said while opening my locker and placing my bag in it. I looked at her and she looked smug.

“Okay. But stay away from Devon and Jack. They are mine. Got it?” She said and walked away, just before closing my locker on me. Again.

“Stank ass bitch,” I muttered under my breath. Shaking my head, I went to my first period. Math. I entered the classroom and gave the teacher my note. She smiled at me and told me I could sit anywhere, there weren’t assigned seats. Sitting in the way back, I got my notebook and pen and waited till class starts.

About 15 minutes later, class started, and more people came in. The last person came in and I felt my heart drop into my stomach. It was the most handsome guy I have ever seen, and he smelt so good, like sandalwood and forest. He looked around and saw me and all I heard him say was “Mate.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry that it took me so long to write another story; I was having major writers block but I have a new one I think yall might like. Let me know what you think! <3