My Midnight Love

Chapter 4: Delia's POV

Delia's POV

Getting home from school was interesting, to say the least. I got smacked in the face with a bottle and went to the nurses’ office, Devin calling my mom, and then I’m at home, getting ready for work. Luckily, mom didn’t push the issue and made sure that I was okay by giving me some headache medication, food, and water. I took an hour nap, so the pain is gone.

I grabbed my uniform and went into the bathroom, taking a quick shower before getting dressed. I did my hair in a pigtail so it was out of my face while working with the animals, and I applied some makeup to help hide the bruise that was slightly forming.

Sighing, I grabbed the things that I needed and went downstairs. I saw my mom and sister at the island making food, so I grabbed a sandwich from the pile and nibbled on it before heading out. “Mom, just to remind you, I’m going over to Devin’s house. He was the guy that called you after getting smacked with the bottle. His parents want to meet me and I kinda wanted to thank him to helping me. I’m going over there after work.”

“Okay, Hunny. Tell Devin that I appreciated him calling me. Have a good shift.” She said while kissing my forehead.

“Bye Gremlin.” Kissing Mimi on the head. I went to my car and got inside, playing some music.

*7 Hours Later*

Finally, I managed to leave work by 8:30 and got to Devin’s by 8:45 pm. I quickly changed my shirt, luckily I had an extra slightly nice one, in my car. Grabbing that to replace my work shirt, I got out of the car and went to the door.

Before I went to knock on it, Devin opened the door and was smiling. “There you are! I was beginning to worry.” He said as he let me inside.

“Sorry, I’m a bit late. I was held up at work. A border collie was getting washed and escaped the tub. I spent a good 20 minutes trying to get him back into the tub and finished.” I started to giggle.

“It’s fine. You’re here, that’s what matters.” He took my jacket and purse and placed them on a side table.

“Ma! Deliah’s here!” Devin called out. Then, I saw a shorter but near copy of him.

“Ah! You are so beautiful! I am Devin’s mom, Lilly. His father should be down there in a minute.” She said as she crushed me for a hug.

“Thanks for inviting me here. Your home is amazing. And whatever your cooking smells just as amazing!” I smelled some Italian sauce and garlic bread. My favorites.

“Thank you! We’re having Italian. Chicken parm, eggplant parm, some other stuff. We eat a lot.” She giggles as she showed me the kitchen, which was huge. It had a kitchen like you would find at a restaurant. “So, Devin tells me he said something that freaked you out.” She said as she sat down at the table.

I sat across from her and Devin sat next to me. Nodding my head, “Yeah, he said ‘mate’. I never heard of that before. Yet, I feel I can trust him and you. Even though I met you just a minute ago. And he has a certain smell about him, like a forest and body wash. I smelt it when he was in the classroom and it put me at ease. But I was still scared, so I ran out and to my car. He followed me and told me that you can shine some light on this. So, what the hell is a mate and why did he call me that?” I asked.

She looked at Devin and then at me.” Okay. So, what I am about to tell you might freak you out. It might not. Why do you think you have a strong pull on animals? And do they listen to you when you say a command? Do dogs especially seem to be gravitated by you? Like they need to be by you no matter what?”

“Yeah, I just thought that they all liked me and I wasn’t being mean while saying the commands but they listened. Why?”

“Well, you are a werewolf. You smelt Devin because he is your mate. You are both at the age of finding your mates. He has the forest smell because he is the next in line.”

“Next in line for what? Owning a business?”

“Something like that. He is the next alpha once after he takes over. Now that he has you, he can. My husband is the current Alpha, and I am the Luna. You would be taking over my place. You will be taking care of the pack and making sure that rules are followed by all members. There’s more but I will tell you and show you once you are ready.”

I couldn’t speak. Nothing came out. I looked at her and then at Devin. My heart was racing, and it felt like the walls were closing in. “What do you mean, I am a werewolf? Like howling at the moon and turning into a wolf? Like from Twilight?” I asked and Devin smiled and then he started to laugh.

“Not like Twilight, but yes. Same concept. How are you feeling?” Dein asked.

“To be honest, over fucking- whelmed. My mom never told me anything about this. Like at all. I bet my father knew. Or someone in my family. Wait, my sister…could she be one too?” I asked.

“She could be. But we would have to do a test and see. It's harmless. Now, we have to figure out why you didn’t turn. Why your werewolf gene is being hidden.” Lilly said. “I had the witches make this. It's a potion that you have to drink. It’ll help awaken the dormant side of the gene and your wolf might be able to come out.” She said as she gave me a weird-looking bottle. It had a brown liquid and it moved around.

“Do I drink it now? Get it over with?” She nodded. “Well, bottoms up!” I said while downing the bottle. I felt okay but then I got a bit drowsy. “Whoa, my head. It feels weird.” I said while clutching my head.

“Devin, take her to your room. She needs to rest and then I’ll call her mom. We need to get to the bottom of this.” I felt being lifted into the air and then into a room and in a bed, which was fluffy.

“Sleep, my love. Everything will be okay.” I heard Devin say and then I felt a kiss on my head.
I woke up in a daze. Everything was fuzzy until I saw a huge ass white wolf in front of me. I screamed and got up to run. “Dede! Wait” It called out.

“Who are you?! Why am I here?!” I felt tears coming down my face and then the wolf came up to me, licking away the tears. I stopped crying and just looked at her. She had the same color eyes as me.

“I am your wolf, Rose. It has been a long time, love. I waited to meet you until this day. But save your strength. You are an extraordinarily strong breed. You will be a powerful Luna. I am happy to be your other half. Rest now, your mom should be here soon.”

I woke up in a bed that wasn’t mine. Rubbing my eyes, I went to the bathroom to splash some water on my face. Did that happen? Yes, now go downstairs. You have some anxious people waiting on you.

I gasped, Rose? Is that you?

Yes. Now, go down to our mate. He’s anxious to see you.

Nodding my head, I went downstairs, and there at the table, was my mom and sister. “Hey everyone,” I said. Devin was by my side and helped me to the table.

“Hi, Hunny. I know you must have a lot of questions for me. Luna Lilly was telling me what you said and I am so sorry you had to find out this way. Please, please forgive me. Just let me explain what happened and why I kept this from you.” My mom said with tears running down her face.
I simply nodded my head and Devin rubbed my back. It felt nice being taken care of like this. And it was sending tingles down my spine and I leaned into Devin a bit. His body completely relaxed against mine.

“Explain.” Luna Lilly said. Mom nodded her head.

“Okay, well it started when I met your father. He was my true love and mate. I loved him so much and when we got together and then we got pregnant with you, rouges came to our lands. The alpha of the pack we were in order for all women, children, and elderly to go into the bunker and hide. Of course, I didn’t listen, and I was the pack's lead warrior. Your father didn’t want me to do anything, except hide. He tried to get me into the bunker, but I was too stubborn and followed him into battle. I led the warriors against the rouges, and they eventually backed off. We all counted our dead, which was a low number, and buried them. I was trying to find your father, but when I did, I was too late. He was already gone. I didn’t feel the mate bond break until a minute later. It felt like my body was on fire and a hole where my heart was formed.

I had you a month later. Wolves have pups within 5 months instead of a human’s 9 months. And after you were born, I took our things, packed up, and left. I had to break the pack's bond and once I did, it hurt so much. That’s why we were moving around so much, I didn’t want any of the surrounding packs to know who I was or if I was a rouge. It was hard on me.”

I looked at her.” Hard on you? Do you have any idea of how much pain you put me through? I wanted to have friends! By the time I did, we had to leave. I was never the normal one in school since I literally left 5 months in. I cannot do this anymore. What happened to Mimi’s father? Seeing as that was her actual father and mine is dead.” I needed to know.

“Mimi’s father died, yes. He had all of the heart issues like I told you. I met him when you were a baby and we fell in love. He was also a wolf. And he knew about your father. We were together for as long as I could remember and then we had Mimi. You know I love you both, more than you can ever know. What I had to do, was to protect us. The three of us. I came back here because I knew I needed to. To make amends with my old pack and hopefully, I can be accepted into this one. Since Devin is going to be the Alpha and you are the future Luna.” She was looking at Lilly and Devin’s dad. Lilly was looking at me and nodded.

“Of course, you can join us. But we need to know what kind of wolf Miss Mimi is. Can you shift, love?” She asked.

Mimi shook her head ‘yes. “Okay. Let’s go outside and put this shift to the test.”