My Midnight Love

Chapter 3: Devin's POV

Chapter 2: Devon’s POV
‘Mate is really smart, beautiful, and amazing! And she wants to be a veterinarian! She can help the Pack Doctor! We have a good mate!’ Devil was dancing around, and I could feel his happiness. I was excited as well. She was amazing.

“So! I heard the new bitch is your mate?!” Lillian comes up to me and was glaring. She was an alabaster twig.

“Yes, she is. The moon goddess blessed me with a good one. And if I hear you messed with her for any reason, and she gets hurt, I know who to come after. Is that understood?” I said in my Alpha tone. Even though I don’t have the role yet, I still can get the pack members to submit.

She bowed her head and mumbles, “Yes, alpha. I am sorry for any disrespect for the Luna.” she then walks away and pouts. I texted my mom to let her know that I found my mate and of course, she just had to call me. “WHERE IS SHE?!” she screamed.

“Ma, relax. She’s in her class right now but she’s coming home with me. She was freaked out about this whole mate business so I asked her to come home so that I can explain it better. It seems like she had no idea what a mate was. Also, she said that her mom grew up here and that the principal is a friend of hers. Maybe ask her what her mom's name is later?” She was just beaming.

“I am so happy that you found her. What is her name? Is she a human or werewolf?”

“Delilah. And I have no idea but she does smell good. So I am guessing she's a wolf but somehow something is hiding her inner wolf. I didn’t feel anything when Devil was trying to reach out.”

“Okay, I’ll have one of the witches come and help. I will see you later!” She hanged up and I started to head to her class when Jack came up to me.

“BRO! The new girl is your mate and future Luna?! That is amazing. Literally, man, I am happy for you. I just hope to find mine someday.” He said while walking with me.

“Dude, you’ll find her. It is a matter of time. And she's coming home with us so mom and dad can talk to her. I couldn’t reach her wolf so they’re gonna help. Just don’t mention anything about mates yet. I think she is either human or part wolf. Either way, Devil is just as happy as I am.” I said while waiting for Delilah to come out.

Smiling, I got a whiff of her scent, and out she came. “Hey, ready to go to lunch?” I asked while getting her bookbag.

She was shocked that I grabbed her bag but walked beside me.” Sure, I guess. And you are?” she asked Jack, who bowed his head a bit before answering.

“Jack. His best friend. So, I hear you are coming with us to his house? I live next door, but I practically live with him.” Smart move . I sent him through mind-link.

He smirked and she started to answer but something flew into the air and smacked her right in the face. She cried out in pain and held her face. Jack and I growled and looked around to see who threw it.

“Hahaha! That is what that bitch deserves for taking Devin away! Hit her again!” I heard that one particular voice and I knew who it was. Fucking Lillian.

[I[‘Lillian threw it. Make sure Luna is okay and I’ll handle her.’ Jack sent through the link. I nodded my head and took Delilah to the nurse to be looked at.

Most of the teachers were part of the pack themselves and knew what my position was so when I came in with Deliah in my arms, the nurse bowed her head slightly and greeted me. “Hello, Devin. Is everything okay?” she looked at my mate.

“No. A student threw something at her and got her in the face. Can you check her out for me? I gotta call my parents and then I’ll call yours, Dede.” She nodded her head and handed me her phone. It was unlocked and I went into the hallway to call my mom. She answered on the first ring.

“Hey, Hunny. Is everything okay?”

“Hell no. Lillian Rockwood threw something at Dede and got her in the face. She found out that Dede was my mate and got upset. Can you or dad call her parents up and make them understand that I will never choose their daughter and that the pack has their Luna? It is a crime to commit any
harmful acts against her.” I said while pacing back and forth.

“Sure Hunny. Does her mom know what happened?”

“No, I was gonna call her myself after you,” I said while opening her phone and getting her mother’s number.

“Okay. Let me know what is going on and I will handle Lillian’s parents.” She said then hung up.
Taking in a deep breath, I hit her mother’s number and it started to ring. She answered on the second ring.

“Hey, baby girl. How is school?” Her mom sounded so nice.

“Hey, Ms. Redfern. I have Deliah’s phone because something happened at school. Another student threw something at her and got her in the face, I brought her to the nurse to be checked out. She seems to be okay, but I needed to make sure.” I said, all in one breath.

“Oh my god! Thank you! Can I talk to her, please?”

“Sure, one moment.” I went back into the office and I saw her laying down with an ice pack on her face. “Hey, your mom wants to talk to you.” I handed her the phone and she slowly got up.

“Hey, momma. Yeah, I am good. He brought me to the nurse after. Yeah, I know. Okay. Love you,
bye.” She hung up and looked at me. “Thanks. For bringing me here. I know my mom is gonna ask a lot of questions, but she seems to be okay. For now.” She then placed the pack again up to her face.

“No problem. I called my mom so she’s gonna take care of it. She’s a friend of the school board so yeah.” I said. Looking at her just takes my breath away. Her hair was curly and her body was amazing. Her eyes though are the intense part. Like flecks of green and gold meshed together.

“Why are you staring at me like that?” She said while hiding her face.

“No reason. Just staring at the most beautiful girl ever.” I said while smiling.

I saw the redness on her cheeks, and she looked away. “SO! We are getting out of here and gonna get you home in time to get changed and to work. Least I can do since you got hurt.” I told her while helping her up.

“Okay, I guess. My head kind of hurts anyways so I guess getting some sleep will be good.” She said while walking to the door. I walked with her to get her things and then back to her car. I am going to kill Lillian for her disrespect.

“I will see you later then. I just need to head home after work and get changed. If that is okay?” I nodded my head.

“I added my number to your phone just in case. So, I will see you later. Have a good day at work.” I grabbed her hand and kissed the top of it. She smiled and then started her car to pull out. Devil growled within me and we both wanted to make Lillian pay for what she did.