So to Hell with Good Intentions

Can't you feel my heart beat fast

“Are you sure you’re going to be fine?” I ask Spencer as I toss on my Kleaver Klothing hoodie. “I don’t want to leave you here and you get bored.”

“You need girl time, I get it.” He laughs as he gets up off the bed and walks over to me, snaking his arms around my waist. “Besides, your dad is gonna be picking me up and we’re gonna hang out while you and Marina do your own thing.” I pull away and just look at him. “What? Did I say something wrong?”

“You made plans with my dad? Without me?” I ask him.

“Is that wrong?”

“I honestly don’t know.” I chuckle. “I never had a boyfriend actually make plans with my dad before. Trever didn’t even want to meet him.”

“I actually like your dad believe it or not, Toby.” Spencer laughs. He kisses my forehead and pulls away. “Now go! Have fun with Marina.” I smile at him before grabbing my bag of lingerie and the keys to our rental. He raises his eyebrow at me. “Why are you taking the bag containing my surprise?”

“It’s a surprise.” I smirk as I grab the extra hotel keycard and leave the building.

**

I get to Marina’s studio, after stopping at Dunkin Donuts, and head right inside. I roll my eyes as I hear Jason’s Mom by Ice Nine Kills playing. I shake my head and a chuckle escapes my lips. This earns the attention of my bombshell best friend.

“Seriously, this song?” I question her. I drop my bags and cross the room; hugging her when I get there. “I miss you bitch. Thank you so much for doing this.”

“No problem.” She says, pulling away. “Not only do I get to spend time with my bestie, I get to help her make a sexy gift for her boyfriend. Whom, I can’t wait to meet.” She smirks. “I’m sure Chris did it, but I’m gonna threaten his life if he hurts you.”

“Spencer is a good guy, Mar.” I assure her. “He’s something special.”

“He must be if you’re willing to gift him pictures of you half naked.” She laughs. “I mean I’ve been a Ice Nine Kills fan for a while so I’m fangirling over the fact my bestie is dating the lead singer.”

“The Silver Scream 1 and 2 are their only good CDs.” I chuckle. “I can’t believe you like them.”

“Your nephew likes them too.” She laughs. “We saw them at Warped Tour in 2018. Spencer took the stage with Chris for a song. It was awesome.”

“Does Jameson know I’m dating Spencer?” I question her.

“He does and he’s excited to meet him. But he's more of a Ricky fan.” She chuckles.

“I’ll have to tell Ricky that.” I laugh. “It’s gonna go straight to his head.”

“I know you’re used to hanging out with rockstars because of Chris, but it must be badass to hang out with Ice Nine Kills! They look like they are a lot of fun.”

I just shrug. “They’re okay.” I bite my lip trying not to laugh. “But seriously, I love those guys. My life would definitely be boring without them. Especially Spencer.”

“You’re going to go get sexy and we’re gonna talk about everything!” She squeals. “I need all the deets, chica! Right down to what position Spencer likes in bed!” I roll my eyes before grabbing the first outfit and heading to the changing room. This’ll be a long but fun day; it always is with her.

Spencer’s POV

“Do you have any idea on what kind of ring you want to get October?” Dan asks me as we go into our first jewelry store of the day.

“Honestly? No idea.” I nervously chuckle. “I have a vague idea but I’m hoping by going to actual stores I’ll find it and it’ll be perfect.”

He stops and just looks at me; studying me. Once he starts smiling, I feel myself taking a breath that I didn’t realize I was holding. “You really love my daughter, don’t you?”

“More than anything.” I admit to him. “I want this ring to be perfect. Then I’ll find the perfect way to ask her.”

“She’ll say yes no matter what.” He tells me. “You can ask her on a lazy Sunday or even at a show. She loves you; it’s not gonna matter how you ask or what the type of ring is. She’ll say yes to a Ring Pop.”

I chuckle. “After everything she’s gone through with her mother. I want this to be perfect. I also want to show her mother I’m not a bad guy.”

“My ex wife will never see you as a good guy, Spencer.” He tells me. “Which is a horrible thing. Because despite your music and your on stage persona, you really are a genuine guy. But Sheila isn’t gonna ever look beyond the outer appearance. She wasn’t always like that but this is who she is now. Nothing will sadly ever change that.”

“What happened to her, if you don’t mind me asking?”

“We were going through a rough patch when the girls were young. She turned to religion and fell in love with the man she’s married to now.” He states. “She didn’t want to work on our marriage so she tried to take both girls and leave. But October didn’t want to go with them. She never gave me the full explanation as to why but she just said she got the ick from the new man in her mom’s life.”

“Her mother and sister found out where we lived and paid Toby a visit before we left for the airport to come here.” I tell him. “She was pretty shaken up and really wanting to leave. But she said we’ll talk about it when we get back.”

“She must trust you enough to talk about it with.” He smiles. “She told me she wouldn’t tell me because it would land me in jail.” He chuckles. “I think the only people that know the full story are probably Chris and Marina. She always told those two every thing that has happened to her. I’m sure Chris knew about her losing her virginity before I did..” He laughs at the last statement.

“Toby and Chris are extremely close, huh?” I laugh. “He threatened to slit my throat if I ever hurt her.”

“He means it too.”

“Oh trust me, I know.”

**
We are currently in a vintage jewelry store specializing in non traditional engagement rings. As I looking at all the rings, my eyes instantly see the perfect ring. “Dan!” I call out to October’s father. “I think I found the perfect ring.” He walks over, flagging a sales person in the process. I point to the ring and the sales person smiles.

“This is a good choice.” She states. “This is a Blue Sandstone 4ct emerald cut ring set in vintage rose gold. This is perfect for a girl that wants something traditional but not at the same time.”

“It looks like a night sky is stuck in the ring.” I note. “Does Blue Sandstone mean anything? My girlfriend is the one that’s all into this.”

“Blue Sandstone is considered a good luck charm. It’ll help manifest goals and bring dreams into reality.” She smiles. “I think it’s a cute idea for an engagement ring.”

“I think you’re right.” I smile. “I’ll take it! It’s the perfect ring. I can picture October wearing this. It’s beyond perfect for her.”

Dan looks over at me, smiling. “Welcome to the family, Spencer. You picked the perfect ring. Now it’s time for the hard part.”

I sigh, knowing he’s right. Now it’s time to find the perfect way to propose to her…
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?

The Ring