So to Hell with Good Intentions

You're hooked on me, honey, forever

“See how happy Spencer and Ricky are?” Shevy asks into the camera as she films everyone on the bus. Ricky is currently cuddled up with Lydia going over ideas for their wedding. Spencer is laying on top of me, head on my boobs and allowing me to rest my kindle on his head. It’s not comfortable for me but I’ll let it slide. I missed him and I’m too engulfed in the book I’m reading to give two shits about how we’re pretzeled together.

“Hey Toby, what book are you reading?” She asks me, I peek around my kindle to see her phone is pointed directly at me. “And how the fuck are you comfortable like that?”

“Who said I was comfortable?” I smirk. “But I’m reading The Final Girl Support Group by Grady Hendrix.”

“What’s it about?”

“These girls all have survived mass killings and their backstories are all inspired by classic slasher movies.” Spencer looks up at me, finally interested in the book I tried to talk to him about previously. “Oh so now Charnas is interested, huh? Finally piqued your interest, baby?”

“You never said it was inspired by slasher movies.” He rolls his eyes. Rolling mine, I push his head back down onto my chest with my free hand.

“Most of them were so fucking obvious because I’ve seen their movies thousands of times.” I continue explaining the book. “Only one took me by surprise. Mainly because it’s never part of the core slasher movies you think of.”

“Which movie?” Shevy asks.

“Silent Night, Deadly Night.” Once again, Spencer’s head pops up off my chest. I roll my eyes. “Next time pay attention to me when I’m talking to you and you would have actually known that.”

“Hey, I had other things on my mind.” He counters, trying to save himself.

“Oh and you were thinking with your other brain, huh?” I smirk, causing Spencer to roll his eyes.

“Like you don’t let your lady parts do your thinking.” He mutters to himself causing me to laugh. I lean up enough to kiss the tip of his nose. “You're lucky I love you, Valentine.”

“Whatever you say, Charnas.”

“I love the fact you guys are getting married and still call each other by your last names.” Joe laughs. Shevy has long since put her phone away at this point. ”What’s gonna happen after you get married? I’m assuming Toby is taking Spencer’s last name.”

“You know what they say about assuming?” I send a smirk over to the bass player before laughing. “Honestly we haven’t even talked about that. We haven’t even remotely talked about wedding plans.”

“Would you take my name?” Spencer asks, curious as to what my answer would be.

“Personally, yes.” I reply. “Professionally, maybe. Professionally I’ve been October Valentine for so long, it would be weird to lose it.”

“You can always hyphenate it.” Lydia suggests.

“What are you doing?” I ask her.

“Oh, I’m going full force and becoming an Armellino.” She smiles looking at Ricky. “I hated my last name anyway.”

“I guess this is another thing we’ll have to discuss.” I say looking at Spencer. “We really should start planning, huh?”

“I’ve been meaning to talk to you about a potential location.” Spencer states. Lydia shoots me a look as she tries not to laugh.

“Oh really?” I ask. “I’ve had an idea for a location too.” I tell him. “You first?”

“We both love this franchise so much,” he starts. “Both of us have commented on how much we like the house everytime we watch the movie…” He’s stalling.

“Stu Macher’s house from Scream?” I smirk. “That’s your idea?” He sits completely up and just stares at me for a couple beats.

‘How the fuck did you guess that?”

“We, my dear, are twin flames and completely understand each other.” I smile, knowing he used this same quote a year prior. “Plus I kinda had the same idea.”

“And you two wonder why people were speculating about whether or no you guys were a thing before you actually became a thing.” Patrick laughs. “This proves you guys are one soul in two bodies. It’s actually kinda creepy.’

I shoot him a look. “And why is that?”

“Because if Spencer ever does snap, you’ll help him no questions asked. And you terrify me.”

A sinister smirk creeps on my lips. “Smart boy.” I immediately drop the smirk. “But yea, I already started messaging them about dates that they’d be able to have a wedding on. I wanted to keep it a surprise until I knew for sure we’d be able to get the place for the wedding.”

“You’re full of surprises, aren’t you?” Spencer smiles. “First the Ice Nine Kills tattoo, now our wedding location. Any other surprises I should know about?”

“Nope. I still haven’t heard from my booking agent so I still have no idea whether or not I’m getting Scream 6 or The Crow.” I reply but then it hits me. I have another movie that I signed a contract for that Spencer doesn’t know about. “Ohh, I do have something. I almost completely forgot!”

“What is it?”

“I’m working on Saw X!” I announce. “Filming starts in October of this year.”

Spencer just looks at me with a look of pure concern. “If you get the two other movies that means you will be filming three movies back to back to back?”

“Yes and before you get mad, these are the only three movies I’d be doing.” I inform him. “All my other projects are going to be music videos, youtube videos and conventions. And spending time with you. I’m not taking on any more movies, indie or otherwise.”

“You’re gonna kill yourself.” He pinches the bridge of his nose.”

“You sound like Chris.” I roll my eyes, pushing Spencer a bit further from me so I can sit up. “I’ve been doing this since I was 18. I know exactly what I’m doing. I know how to push my body and when to stop.”

“That’s bullshit and you know it.” He counters, voice rising a little. “All of us on this bus have seen you on the brink of exhaustion and pushing yourself way past your limits. This isn’t healthy and you know it.”

“Are we really fighting about this right now?” I ask him. “We went from talking about lighthearted things to this?”

“I’m sorry that I worry about my fiancee. I want you to make it to our wedding.”

“What would you like for me to do?” I ask him, trying to do so calmly.

“Think about yourself when you’re booking these movies.” He replies. “Please.”

“Do you want me to pass on two movies that have been my dream to work on?” I ask him. “Do you want me to drop the franchise that started my career? These three movies mean the world to me. I can’t just not book them.”

“I just want you to be smarter about booking three movies back to back to back.” He sighs.. “You’re gonna push yourself too hard one of these times and I don’t want to see that happen.” I look around and everyone is waiting for my reply. All eyes are on me.

“I can’t pass on these movies.” I tell him. “But who knows this could be another Hellraiser disappointment where I lose out. I don’t understand how you are acting like this is a forsure thing. The only movie I’m forsure booked for is Saw X. I already signed the contract.”

“If you had to pick which movie you wanted to work on more, which would it be?” Joe questions.

“Andy already asked me this question,” I tell him. “And it’s still the same. If I had to pick one movie to work on, it would be The Crow. This movie reboot has been on my radar since I started working in the industry. It would be my dream to work on it; even if it meant the actor going full method and started acting like Brandon Lee during the filming process.”

“What do you mean by that?” Spencer questions.

“Brandon Lee hated how his makeup artist did his makeup.” I reply. “So he started applying it himself at night and slept in it. That’s why it’s so messy looking and faded.”

“The more you know.” Ricky chuckles. “So are we all good now? No more fighting? Because we all know what fighting leads up to and I don’t want to hear that shit tonight.” Spencer and I share a look before returning our attention to Ricky with matching smirks on our lips. Ricky groans. “I hate both of you, so much.”

“Please, just think about your health before saying yes to one or both of these movies.” Spencer pleas with me. “That’s all I’m asking.”

I lean over and place a kiss on his lips. “For you, I’ll do anything. But again, who knows if I’ll even get these movies.”

“They’d be idiots not to want you.” He smiles. “Just like the idiots over at Hellraiser.”
♠ ♠ ♠
kinda fillerish, kinda drama filled. But if you know my writing, it's not an uncommon practice lol

comment&subscribe?