So to Hell with Good Intentions

Cupid's calling for a homicide

...2021; present day

A groan escapes my lips as I hear banging on my front door. “This better be fucking important.” I yell at no one as I get out of bed, stumbling out of my room and towards the dogs; nearly tripping over my deaf dog; Voorhees. I open the door revealing Spencer Charnas with a 4 pack of Red Bull and a giant ass bag of gummy bears. “What do you want, American Psycho?” I spit at him. “Do you have any idea what time it is?”

“Nearly noon.” He replies, with a grin. That grin only grows when he sees the shirt I’m wearing; an Ice Nine Kills t-shirt. “Great tastes in music.”

“They’re not bad.” I move aside to let him in. “The lead singer is a bit creepy though. He gives off major serial killer vibes.”

“I heard you just finished a project, I came to see if you’d like to start another one.” Spencer turns to me, handing over his sacrifice. “We’d love to have you on board to do the music videos for The Silver Scream 2.”

“Have I ever said no to you?” I chuckle. “Of course, I’d love to be your makeup artist. I’m pretty free when it comes to projects. Like you said, I just finished one.”

“Are you going to tell me what you’re working on?” He bats his eyes at me, earning an eye roll. “Or you can keep it a secret, forcing me to stay for the credits, waiting for your name to pop up.”

“That gives me an ego boost but I’ll tell you. Since you are so adorable when you beg.” I chuckle. “You saw that they’re coming out with a tv show that takes place 4 years after Cult of Chucky, right?”

“Yea.” He eyes wide in excitement. “Are you seriously working on a TV show about Chucky!?”

“God, you’re such a fanboy.” I chuckle as I head into the kitchen to place the Red Bulls in the fridge. “But yes, I’m working on a tv show about Chucky.”

“Have you got to work with Jennifer Tilly yet?” He smirks.

“Yes and I fangirled so fucking hard.” I admit. “She’s so fucking cool and gorgeous and I’ve never been jealous of a person in my whole fucking life.”

“I have no idea why you’re jealous because you’re just as cool and even more gorgeous than Jennifer Tilly. You’re the fucking whole package.”

I can feel my face grow hot when he says that. “Thanks Spencer.” I shoot him a smile. “Since you woke me up, what do you want to do with me?”

A sinister smirk dances across Spencer’s lips. Wrong choice of words and I have a feeling I’m going to regret this wholeheartedly.

**

I look away from the TV screen to look at Spencer. He was totally engulfed in the movie he picked which so happens to be American Psycho. He must have felt my eyes on him because he looks away and straight down to me. “Yes, Valentine?”

“Why do I feel as if watching this movie was your way of hinting at the first music video we’ll be shooting?”

“Because we, my dear, are twin flames and know each other so fucking well.” He smiles. “I’m working on getting you an advanced copy of the CD. Don’t worry.”

“I can’t believe you did a song inspired by American Psycho.” I laugh. “It’s like our biggest inside joke.”

“Oh it gets even better.” He chuckles. “But you’ll have to wait til you hear the song to get what I mean.”

“Boo, you whore.” I joke before cuddling up against him further. From the corner of my eye, I see him smiling as he pulls me even closer.

*

On the set of Hip to be Scared

“Want to know why I love going on your instagram, Toby?” Ricky Armellino asks me as all of us are sitting around the set.

“Is it because of all my amazing makeup looks I’ve done over the years?” I question him as I twirl a paintbrush between my fingers.

“Nope.” He replies with a smirk. “It’s because I love reading all the comments on your pictures you post with you and Spencer. Even the ones that don’t have Spencer. Do your fans really think you and Spencer are dating?”

“Those are mostly your fans.” I counter. “And yes they really think I’m dating the psychopath known as Spencer Charnas.”

“I don’t understand why you don’t correct them?” Joe Occhiuti questions me.

“I tried that years ago and they never believed me.” I shrug. “I mean it’s clear we aren’t dating. I don’t understand why these people want us together so damn bad.”

“Chris would kill him, wouldn’t he?” Patrick Galante questions with a chuckle.

“No, I don’t think so.” I reply. “But he will be telling me “I told you so” if it ever happens. He warned me years ago not to fall in love with Spencer but if it happens he’s gonna rub it in my face.”

“So basically you’re doing this shit out of spite, huh?” Ricky muses.

“Oh most definitely.” I laugh. “Plus I try not to fuck the musicians or actors I do make up for. Done that once, never again.”

“So are you going to tell you who you hooked up with?” Joe questions, jumping up and down in his seat.

“There is one other person in the world outside of the hook up that knows.” I tell him. “So no, I’m not telling. And neither will the other person.”

“Spencer knows, doesn’t he?” Patrick chuckles. “If that’s the case, that secret is going to his grave with him.”

“Or he’ll be making a trip to an early grave if he tells anyone.” I laugh.

**

“Looking good, Charnas!” I whistle as I walk on set to touch up makeup on one of the girls. Spencer is just standing around in white boxers. “Not digging the clean cut look though. I miss the messy hair and scruff.”

“We should take a picture together when I’m back in a suit.” He states. “That way you have a picture to go with my contact name.” I chuckle. “So how have the guys been treating my favorite person in the world?”

“They, and I mean Ricky, have been stalking my instagram again.” I inform him as I pull out the fake blood from my smock. “And that started on why fans think we are dating.”

He rolls his eyes. “And let me guess, they are confused as to why we haven’t been correcting them?”

“It’s like you deal with this too.” I giggle. “Then my darling cousin was brought in on the conversation.”

“So, asking for a friend, do you think Chris would kill me if I ask you out?” He asks, walking closer to me. His eyes are dark and set on mine. “Purely asking for a friend.”

I bite my lower lip to keep me from smiling. “No but I will if you make me listen to Chris gloat about being right.”

“Do you really think I’d let you do that alone?” He smirks, just as the director calls to do the next scene.

“Is this your way of asking me out?” I call out to Spencer as I walk backwards off the set. He just smiles as he gets into place for the next shot.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?

Still looking for characters if interested