So to Hell with Good Intentions

Don't mind mother, she is not well

Rainy Day music video set

“So, you and Spencer huh?” Ash Costello, the lead singer of New Years Day, smirks as I start applying her makeup for the video. “When did this happen?”

“A couple months ago.” I reply. “When we were working on the video for Hip to be Scared.” I keep my answer straight to the point as I focus on her makeup. “And before you ask, Chris is 100% fine with it.”

“I know he is.” She giggles. “We talked about it a couple days ago at lunch. He said something about never seeing you so happy before.”

“Yea, it’s been awhile since I’ve been this happy.” I smile. “Spencer is definitely something else.”

“That’s a good thing, right?”

“It’s the best thing.”

“You’re actually blushing.” Ash snickers. “Never thought I’d see the day October Valentine is smitten with a guy. Let alone the guy before Spencer Charnas. Has he met the parents yet?”

“I met his parents and he’ll be meeting my dad tomorrow.” I reply, continuing on with her makeup. “My mom has been trying to get in contact with me since she found out we were in Salem. She’s pissed that I didn’t drive 28 minutes to see her.”

“Spencer doesn’t know about your relationship with her, does he?”

“To an extent.” I sigh. “He just doesn’t know she lives in Ipswich.”

“He’s gonna understand why you don’t talk to her.” Ash assures me. “You just gotta let him in.”

“Maybe I’ll tell him if we ever get married.” I muse, chuckling a bit. “Or I’ll tell him after reading her obituary that my puritan, uptight bitch of a sister sent me.”

We continue on in silence. That was until Lydia comes rushing into the makeup area I was working in. “Hey Toby!” She's clearly out of breath. “You need to get out here and fast. Something here is looking for you and she’s not leaving until you come out.”

I sigh before shooting a look at Ash. “I guess it's time for Mommy Dearest to meet the boyfriend.” I roll my eyes before following Lydia out of the room. There is a crowd of people surrounding my mother and Spencer. Spencer is standing there, clearly confused, while my mother is screaming at him. Her screams are so loud I’d be surprised if the Devil himself couldn’t hear her.

“Who the fuck is this lady?” Patrick is the first to ask. “She literally pushed by security and hunted Spencer down and started screaming at him. Saying that he’s the reason her daughter’s going to hell. And they both need to repent or something like that.”

“Watch this.” I smirk at him before pushing through the crowd. Spencer spots me first and he shoots me a look that simply says help. “Seriously mother, have you no shame?” I ask, earning the attention of the artificial red head that has her back towards me. She turns around and her eyes immediately scan me up and down. Her eyes stop on my t-shirt. It’s a black t-shirt with Jason Voorhees on it with a woman. The text around the picture says Choke me, Daddy.

“Seriously Tiffany?” She scoffs. “Don’t you have any shame? You’re wearing that forsaken shirt. You’ve clearly been so off the path of God that you’ll be forever lost. I worry about you. And this man is keeping you away from me. He clearly doesn’t want you to have a relationship with your mother; the person that brought you into the world.”

“I never talked about you, ever.” I inform her, crossing my arms across my chest. “As far as Spencer knows, you’re dead. I never talk about you. You never cross my mind. There was no agenda when it came to me visiting Salem and not driving up to Ipswich to visit you and the fucking priest you married. I haven’t spoken to you since I was 21.

“Spencer has nothing to do with me not answering my phone. Spencer has nothing to do with me not seeing you while we were in Salem. Spencer is fucking innocent in this matter. The villain in this story is and will always be you. Now the fuck off my damn set before I call the cops. Because I honestly don’t want the guards to have you deal with you.”

“Tiffany October Cerulli, you’re so blinded by this man that you can’t see how horrible he is for you.” Her tone is soft but it’s not genuine at all. “I’m not leaving until you see that. I should have known you’d turn out like this. This is Chris’ doing. I should have known you’d turn out to be just like him. But your father didn’t believe me. He just wanted you to be around your cousin. He didn’t know he’d be damning you to tell.”

“Leave.” I simply say. “Don’t ever come back. My life has been amazing with you out of it. If I’m going to hell, I’ll be in great company. And don’t worry. I’ll save you a seat on the bus.” I pull out my phone and start calling 911. It’s time to get this wacko out of here.

**

“So are you going to address the elephant in the room, Toby?” Ricky asks as we watch my mom being escorted out in handcuffs. “Or should I call you Tiff?”

“Are we talking about my mother or the fact my birth name is Tiffany?” I chuckle.

“Spencer did you know October Valentine isn’t her real name?” Ricky asks Spencer. “I’m sure, as the boyfriend, you knew.”

“October Valentine is her legal name.” He replies. “She changed it when she was 21. She got into a huge fight with her mother and wanted to say “fuck you” to her. But at that point she was already going by October Valentine. She started going by October when she was 16 working at Eastern State Penitentiary.” He looks at me, with a proud smile on his lips.

“Why the Valentine though?” Lydia questions. “Why not just stick with Cerulli? It’s not like you and Chris work in the same industry. “

“Valentine is a way to acknowledge that my name was Tiffany.” I smile, sneaking a look at Spencer. “Chucky’s partner in crime’s name is Tiffany Valentine. I was working in horror movies so I thought it was fitting.”

“Yea, you and Spencer are perfect for each other.” Lydia chuckles. “So what are we gonna do now that the director gave you guys the day off after the lovely outbursts.”

“I’m sorry about that.” I sheepishly apologize. “I still don’t know how she found me.”

“Don’t worry about it.” Spencer says, pulling me close to him and planting a kiss on his temple. “How about we go to my place and relax a bit? That way we’re rested for tomorrow.”

I look up at him and smile. “That sounds like heaven.”

“Anything for you, baby.” He places a short and sweet kiss on my lips.

**

“Hey, what’s the first movie tonight?” I yell to Spencer as I look through his movie collection. “Are we feeling Scream tonight?”

“There is a change of plans.” Spencer states reemerging from his bathroom. “You are going to take a nice hot bath while I order take out. After that we can watch whatever movie you want to watch.” He walks closer to me, pulling me towards him. “And if you ever want to talk about it; I’m here for you. Always.”

I place my chin on his chest and look up at him. “I love you.” This is the first time I ever told Spencer this and it feels so right.

“I love you too.” He smiles. “Now come on, let’s get you in the bath.” He says, pulling at the hem from my t-shirt; signaling for me to take it off.

I allow him to take it off before I grab at his hem; tugging on it. “The only way I’m getting in that bath is if you’re coming with me.” A smirk just appears on his lips but he lets me take off his shirt with ease. “Come on, let’s get in there.” I grab his hand before guiding him into the bathroom…

**

“Penny for your thoughts?” Spencer asks, playing with my hair as I lean up against him in the bathtub. We are currently down to 3 candles burning and the water is almost unbearably cold. But sitting in silence with Spencer has been nice.

“You’re not gonna leave me, are you?” I ask him, causing him to scoff. I turn my head and give him a look. “I’m serious. Are you going to leave me because of my mother? I mean, you saw how she is. There is a reason why I haven’t spoken to her in years.”

“October, I love you.” He starts. “I’ve loved you since the moment I met you. There is no being in heaven or hell that can tear me from you. Yes, your mother is batshit crazy, but you’re not her. Now come on, let’s get out of this bathtub and I’ll order some take out. We can cuddle up in bed and watch Scream or whatever the hell you want.” I crank my head up and kiss his jaw before getting out of bed.

**

“I can’t believe your mother did that.” My dad sighs over the phone. “I’m so sorry Princess. You definitely didn’t deserve that.”

“Spencer didn’t deserve it.” I snort. “I don’t even know how she found me. It’s not like I posted the location on social media.”

“Who knows with your mother, she’s not all there.”

“I can’t wait til you get in tomorrow.” I smile, despite him not being able to see. “I can’t wait to introduce you to Spencer. You’ll love him.”

“I’m sure I will,” he says. “Because I know you love him and that’s all that matters to me. I’ve never seen you so happy before. This week is going to be fun. I get to hang out with my daughter, her boyfriend and hang out at a music video set. Can you tell me the theme of the video? I know their latest cds have been based off of horror movies? I need to know which one to watch so I can come prepared.”

“It’s inspired by Resident Evil.” I inform him. “The CD isn’t out yet or I’d send you the song.”

“It’s fine, don’t worry about it.” He tells me. “You know me, I like to be surprised.”

“That you do.” I laugh just as Spencer walks into his room with a box of pizza. “Hey, Dad I got to go. Spencer just came in with dinner. Text me before you get on the plane, okay?”

“Will do, Princess. Tell Spencer I said hi.”

“Will do, dad. Love you.” I tell him, smiling.

“Love you too.” I hang up the phone and toss it on the side table.

“Loving the outfit.” Spencer smirks before looking at my outfit. I’m currently wearing a pair of his boxers and one of his many band t-shirts. “You look better naked though.” He places the box on the bed before leaning in and giving me a kiss. “Are you feeling better?”

“There are only three people I truly need in my life.” I begin to say. “Those three people are my dad, Chris and you. You three are the most important people in my life. If I have you guys in my corner, I’ll be able to survive anything. So yea, I feel better. I’ve got the best boyfriend in the world right now. And we’re gonna be spending our night watching horror movies and getting greasy food. What could be better?”

“I’m going to grab some drinks and I’ll be right back. Get Scream started.” He smiles before disappearing out of his room. A smile appears on my lips as I lean up against this headboard as I going through his Firestick looking for the movie in question..

He’s perfect. I think to myself. Nothing stays perfect forever though…
♠ ♠ ♠
The random mother scene is gonna make sense as the story goes on.

comment&subscribe?