Don't Let the Dead Bite

'Cause she's sweet but a psycho

Avalon’s POV

I walk back into the greenroom after getting changed into the first outfit of the night. It’s my Jennifer’s Body costume. I only wear it when I’m opening the show with my hit song, Sweet by Psycho. I scan the room and oddly enough everyone is engaged in pleasant conversations with each other. And there is no bloodshed, which is a big bonus in my eyes.

“No bloodshed, that’s a first.” I chuckle, earning the attention of everyone in the room. Danny looks at me and rolls his eyes.

“Seriously, Avalon. Does that skirt hide anything?”

“Yes but I can’t bend down or you’ll see my Ghostface panties.” I smirk causing the big brother to groan. He has always hated when I showed any skin. It doesn’t matter if I’m a teen or an adult. “But seriously, ease up on the overprotectiveness. I wear less when we go to the beach.”

“I know but it’s different. I don’t know how but it’s different.” Danny defends himself. “Plus I don’t need to see my baby sister’s ass while she’s on stage. And I don’t need my bandmates seeing that.”

“You do realize everyone in Hollywood Undead has seen me naked, right?” I laugh. “Especially Jay and Dylan! I’ve gone skinny dipping with these fuckers.” Danny just sighs, knowing he’s lost the argument. “Anyway, you guys are more than welcome to stay backstage for the show or you can go out in the crowd. But I’ve got to go. Pre-show rituals need to be done.” I walk over and kiss Danny on his cheek. “You’ll survive big brother. No one is seeing my panties or bare ass tonight.” I walk back out of the room and quickly find my backing band to start our pre show ritual of shots and chants.

Spencer’s POV

“Horror movie fan?” I ask, pointing to the door Avalon just left out of.

“You have no idea.” Danny laughs. “She’s a lover of anything horror. The cheesier the movie, the better. And I swear she has a very unhealthy love for Ghostface. I mean she has a Ghostface tattoo on her back.”

“It’s Ghostface on the phone with ‘Boo, you whore’ under it.” Eva laughs. “She was completely sober while getting that tattoo.”

“She got that tattoo the first night I met her.” Patrick laughs. “See, Spencer; you’re not the only one that loves Scream.”

“If she could, she’d marry Billy Loomis.” Jorel laughs. “I think that’s where your sister’s baby taste in men started, Danny. She fell in love with a damn murderer.”

“No, her bad taste in men started the moment she allowed Ashley Purdy in her bed.” Danny spits.

“Ashley Purdy?” I ask. “As in the bass player for Black Veil Brides. They dated? Isn’t he like well over a decade older than her?”

“Don’t remind me.” Danny mutters. “But yes. They started hanging out when she came on tour with us during the Buried Alive Tour. We were touring with them, Asking Alexandria and Avenged Sevenfold. She got really close with the guys in Black Veil Brides, which started her worst relationship yet.”

I notice Eva rolling her eyes. “Patrick, Spencer let’s go in the crowd. I want to see the show up close and personal.” The three of us get up and walk out of the room; I couldn’t help but to notice the glare Eva shoots at the men of Hollywood Undead.

“What was that all about?” I ask Eva once we start our journey to the pit area.

“I hate them shitting on Avalon’s relationships.” She replies. “Especially in front of a guy that I want to hook my girl up with.’

“I said no to that.” I remind her. “Even if I said yes, that isn’t gonna scare me away. Her brother might, but not her past relationships.”

“And that’s what I was trying to prevent.” She sighs. “They mean well but all of them are the cause of her good relationships to go to shit. She just never has the heart to tell them. She stays in toxic relationships because the guys don’t care about her or anyone in her life. But the good guys are always scared away by the 5 overly tattooed men that are willing to hide a body.”

“If they could get scared away that easily, they weren’t good guys.” I tell her. “Good guys will stay with her no matter what. He’d make it work not let her brother and his friends bully him into submission.”

“Are you saying you’re the type of guy she needs?” Eva smirks as we get to the pit area and fight our way to the front by the barricades.

“Eva, I just got out of a relationship with a long term girlfriend.” I remind her. “I’m not about to start a relationship with anyone just yet. And I’m especially not about to start a tour fling with a girl that’s the baby sister of one of the bands I’m touring with.”

“You’ll be missing out.” Eva says just as the introduction music starts. “Avalon is a ton of fun.” Her tone is very sing-song; causing me to roll my eyes. “Think about it, Charnas. That’s all I’m asking.”

Before I can say anything, the lights go out and music stops abruptly. Then a scream sounds out and the lights turn on and the music starts playing.

“Oh, she's sweet but a psycho/ A little bit psycho/ At night, she's screamin'/ "I'm-ma-ma-ma out my mind.” Avalon is standing in front of me, singing her heart out. She’s gorgeous, loves horror movies and isn’t afraid to speak her mind. She would be my ideal girlfriend under any other circumstance but I can’t even think about entering another relationship. No matter how attracted I am to this girl…
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?

lyric credit: Sweet but Psycho by Ava Max