Moonrise.

If love's like a war, then I'm not the pacifist

“When are you going to just admit it?” Nadia asks as she sits down next to me. I’m currently sitting in the middle of the stage on my laptop; currently with Air Force Ones by Nelly playing in the background.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about, Nadia.” I tell her, not giving her my full attention.

“When are you going to admit you have feelings for Ricky?” She asks again, causing me to sigh. “Spencer may be blind but I’m not. I can see the way you look at him. Haven can too.”

I sigh again before closing my laptop. “Ricky is one of Spencer’s best friends and bandmates. I’ve always felt like bandmates are off limits.”

“We were friends before I started dating Spencer.” She reminds me. “You’re the reason why I started dating him. You’re the reason why I’m engaged to him.”

“I just introduced you guys. You’re the dumbass that started dating him.” I chuckle, causing Nadia to smack me. “What if it doesn’t work out?” I ask her. “That puts Spencer in a horrible position.”

“You were willing to risk it, Spencer will wanna risk it too.” She replies. “You guys would be extremely cute together, just saying.”

“What if this crush is stupidly one-sided?”

“Oh trust me, it’s not.” She smiles. “Ricky definitely feels something for you too, Hells. You’re just too blind to see it. And I honestly think he’s in the same mindset as you. He feels because you’re Spencer’s best friend, you’re off limits as well.”

“We flirt a lot and always try to make excuses to touch each other.” I muse. “Maybe he does feel something for me? He was asking me weird questions about if I hooked up with former INK members or if I ever had a crush on any of them. He just claimed he was making conversation.”

“And what did you say?”

“I kissed his cheek and said yes.” I reply. “I didn’t say it was him though. He was trying to pull it out of me though. Then he went to bed.”

“You’re an idiot.” Nadia lets out a humorless chuckle. “I swear the more you hang out with Spencer the more you’re turning into a dude. What happened to the girl that would randomly just walk up to a random guy and kiss him at a concert?”

“She was heavily intoxicated and most likely on drugs.” I inform her. “Plus I’d get my ass beat nowadays. My face is too pretty for that, Nadia.”

“Just randomly kiss this one last boy, you won’t regret it.”

“You saying it means I’ll regret it.” I counter her just as Shevy runs up to me.

“Hey, can you help me with the costume trunks?” She asks. “Everyone else is busy.”

“Duty calls.” I give Nadia a victorious smirk.

“This isn’t over with Crowely.”

“Whatever you say future Mrs. Charnas.” I pick up my laptop and get up off the floor, following Shevy towards the trailers.

**

“What was all of that about?” Shevy asks after we put my laptop in the dressing room and start our journey to the trailers.

“Nadia wants me to admit I have feelings for someone in Ice Nine Kills.” I reply, vaguely.

“Ricky, right?” She asks, making me stop in my tracks. She turns around and looks at me, chuckling a bit. “Girl, the boys may be blind but us girls aren't. You are adorably smitten by Ricky. And honestly he’s the same way with you. He lights up when you walk into a room. And when you aren’t; he’s looking for you. You guys would be cute as hell together. You’re both weird in that socially awkward kinda way. I don’t understand why you don’t just go for it.”

“I don’t want to fuck up the epic bromance Spencer and Ricky have.” I tell her, laughing. “I honestly dont want to put Spencer in an awkward situation if it didn’t work out.”

“Sometimes you just have to risk everything.” Shevy shrugs. “I thought you’d be more daring than this. I’ve seen you do some stupid shit. This might be the one time taking a risk might benefit you greatly.”

“I hate when you guys are fucking right.” I mutter, causing Shevy to laugh and put an arm around me.

“I know but sometimes you just have to ignore the voice of reason. Trust me, I wouldn’t be working with INK if I listened to the voice of reason.”

**

Ricky’s POV

I walk into the dressing room and everyone is scrambling to get ready for the show. Helena must have control over the music playing in the background because I can hear some kind of R&B song. Speaking of Helena, I scan the room and see her with her camera out, snapping random behind the scene shots. Our eyes connect and she raises her camera up to take a picture of me. She pulls the camera down and she has a smirk on her lips.

“Hells, can we not listen to baby making music?” Spencer says, breaking the tension between us.

“You consider Dip it Low by Christina Milian baby making music?” She questions our mutual best friend. “What kind of music you fucking Nadia to?”

“If you don’t consider R&B baby making music, what do you listen to?” Joe is the one to ask the question. Helena smirks before going over to her laptop and changing the song. The Animal in Me by Motley Crue quickly hits our ears. I can’t help but to smirk.

This is good to know.

“Should we really be talking like this anyway?” Patrick asks. “There is a girl here.”

“I’m a girl!” Helen exclaims, immediately grabbing her boobs. “I thought these were fake.”

“Honestly I thought they were when I first met you.” Joe shrugs, causing the brunette to throw something at him. “Wha!? It’s a compliment, in a weird ass way.”

“Besides, I’ve heard you guys say the worst shit.” Helena shrugs. “Talking about the music you fuck your girls to is low on the totem pole. And besides I’m the one that brought this up. I’m used to being one of the guys.”

“Doesn’t it get old?” I ask her, as I take off my hoodie to start getting into my suit for the show. “Don’t you miss girl time?”

“I had enough girl time today to last me a bit.” She chuckles. “I need boy time. Please, no chick flick moments please. And now let's change the music. I’m not feeling Motley Crue right now.” With that, she turns on some kind of reggae song. I swear this girl has a wide range of musical taste.

We spent the time talking about random shit to pass the time. My eyes never left Helena. She was animated and lively; it’s hard not to keep your eyes on her.

“You’re staring.” I hear someone whisper in my ear, scaring me enough to stop staring at Helena. I turn around and see Spencer there. “What gives dude? You’ve been making heart eyes at Helena for years. Are you waiting for my permission or something?” I just stare at him. Unsure of how to answer that.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?

chapter title credit: Lonely for Me by Dirty Heads