The American Nightmare

I hope saying goodnight Doesn't mean saying goodbye

Lancaster, PA

“Hey, how often do the boys of Ice Nine Kills check the bar’s instagram page?” Nico asks as we walk into the hotel after touring the brewery and tasting the beers we’ll be selling at The Final Girls Pub. “I just realized we posted a fuck ton on the instagram and you being in Lancaster was supposed to be a surprise for Patrick.”

“They barely check my instagram.” I chuckle as I toss my Ghostface purse on my bed. “That’s why I had no problem with us documenting our trip to Apothecary Brewing. And even if Patrick does check it on the off chance, I’ll lie and say this was done weeks ago. There is nothing stating the date in the videos.”

“Lying to your boyfriend already?” Nico smirks. “Girlfriend of the year award goes to…”

“It’s a little white lie that is supposed to be hiding my surprise for him.” I shrug. “I would rather be lying about this and not about whether or not I had an orgasm.”

“I’m taking it no problems in that department?”

I smirk. “Not a single problem. Drummers definitely do it better.” Nico makes a grossed out face before picking up a pillow and throwing it at me; laughing as he does it.

“Okay, gross. Now come on, let’s get ready for tonight’s show. We all know you’re gonna take the most time to get ready. Gotta look sexy for your boyfriend…”

Patrick’s POV

“Hey Patrick and Spencer!” Joe yells. Both of us look up from our phones to give the bass player our attention. “I was going through my instagram stories and saw something interesting on The Final Girls Pub’s instagram. It shows that Henley and Nico are here in Lancaster…”

“No way possible.” I tell him. “Henley would have told us if she was gonna be here. You must have been mistaken.”

“No, she’s really here. She was touring the brewery we were at last night.” Joe states. “If you don’t believe me, check for yourself.”

I look at Spencer and he’s really quiet. “Do you know anything? Is your sister here in Lancaster?”

“If she is, it’s news to me.” He shrugs. “Last I heard she was in New Jersey on business.”

“She’s probably posting things from a week ago.” Ricky states, defending Henley. “If she was here, Patrick would be the first to know. Maybe Spencer. But definitely Patrick would know.”

“Call her dude.” Dan states. “Video chat her; that way you’ll know for sure.”

“I’ll be right back.” I say before walking off the bus that way I have some privacy from the boys. After two rings, Henley answers. She’s currently wearing only a towel and her dark hair is pulled up in a messy bun. She has no makeup on and is the single most beautiful thing I’ve seen. “Hey Sexy, how are you?”

She smiles as a blush appears on her face. “Hey babe, I’m good. Just got out of the shower after a day of touring breweries in Princeton.”

“So you’re in New Jersey?” I question her. She looks at me confused. “Joe saw that you were posting videos of a brewery here in Lancaster. He thought maybe you’d be here.”

“Why would I come to Lancaster and NOT see my favorite boys?” She smirks, chuckling a bit. “Those were taken weeks ago. We just finalized the contract today. We’re officially selling Halloween themed craft beers from Apothecary Brewing.”

“I’m surprised you’ve never ventured into the fine art of craft beers.” I laugh, feeling relieved that she’s not hiding something from me.

“Nico and I are in the works with our friend Chad. Looking for a venue has been proven a problem and we can’t exactly expand on the building.”

“Don’t you own it?” I ask her. “I thought you officially bought the building last year.”

“That’s not the problem is coding and shit like that.” She sighs. “So we’ve been looking for an offsite brewery venue but nothing screams Final Girls to me.”

“Have you thought about moving the bar period?” I ask her, hoping she doesn’t think I’m asking her to move to Buffalo with me.

She smirks. “Spencer asked me the same question a couple weeks ago. And it was his not so subtle way of asking if I would ever move to Buffalo to be with you.”

“And what did you tell him?”

“Too soon.” She replies. “Maybe if we get past the year mark, we’ll see.”

“That’s coming up soon.” I remind her, smiling. “Hard to believe it’s gonna be a year. It doesn’t feel that long.”

“Well we’ve only been public with friends and family for less than two weeks.” She laughs. Her laugh is my favorite sound, I swear. I just want to make her laugh as much as possible. I can hear Nico cursing in the background causing the brunette to roll her eyes. “I’ve got to go. Nico is bitching about something.”

“See you soon?” I pout, causing a smile to appear on her lips.

“Sooner than you think…”

**

Henley’s POV

“Damn girl, you look better than the boys do!” Demi whistles as I walk up to her. I look down at my outfit, it’s black dress pants with suspenders, a white button up shirt over a black lace bralet. It’s to match the boys’ on stage outfits. She pulls me into a hug. “I missed you. Why can’t you come on tour now that you and Patrick are at least public with the rest of us? I’m sick of drowning in a sea of testosterone.”

“Girl, I’ve got a business to run.” I chuckle as I part. “I wish I could come on tour again. It’s been awhile.”

“Where’s Nico?” Demi asks, looking for the 6’4 muscular blonde that’s always by my side. “Your bodyguard isn’t around.”

“He’s smoking a joint at the hotel, he’s got to be stoned as fuck to be anywhere in public.”

“He already has his pass?”

“We stopped by will call earlier to grab our things.” I reply. “He’ll be here before they go on.” She looks at me and what’s in my hands, causing me to laugh. “It’s a bag of vegan candy. There is a new vegan candy store that opened up a couple streets over from Final Girls.”

“Bribing the Vegans?” She laughs as we begin our journey backstage.

“Joe is still mad at me and I don’t want Patrick to truly hate me for lying to me.” I sheepishly admit. “I told him I was touring places in Princeton.”

“Spencer told him you were in New Jersey.” Demi laughs. “It’s about time you guys get your stories to line up. Either way, Patrick is gonna be stoked that you’re here. Your boy misses you. It’s really cute. He was pouting when he came back from your video chat earlier.” I can’t help the smile that appears on my lips.

As we get closer we can hear Spencer and Ricky arguing over something. This causes me to laugh. They’re so wrapped up in their argument that they don’t realize that Demi and I are in the room. I whistle loudly causing the two men to jump and look at me. Spencer smiles but Ricky looks shocked.

“You’re not in New Jersey.” Ricky states before looking at Spencer. “Your sister isn’t in New Jersey.”

“Wow, you're such a genius Ricky.” I sarcastically say before walking over and pulling my brother into a hug. “Thanks for keeping your mouth shut for once, Spencer.”

“You knew your sister was here?” Ricky questions my brother as I pull him into a hug. “Why would you two lie about this?”

“To surprise my boyfriend.” I say as if it’s the most obvious thing. I pull away from Ricky. “Speaking of which, where is he and the other vegan? I got candy for them.”

“Trying to get forgiveness for lying to Patrick?” Ricky smirks. “I’m sure candy isn’t gonna get you back in his good graces.”

“And that’s why I’m wearing his favorite bra and perfume.” I smirk. “I plan on using something else to get in his good graces again.” I look at my brother and he shudders.

“Don’t make me regret being okay with you dating a bandmate.” He warns me before walking away with Demi,

“Seriously, where’s my boyfriend?”

“Catering.” Ricky replies, linking arms with me. “I’ll take you. And by the way, how the fuck are you better looking in this outfit than we are?”

“Boobs.” I laugh, as we start our walk to catering.

We get to catering and Patrick and Joe are talking. “Dude, I’m telling you she’s here in town.” Joe says. “Those pictures look similar to how the bar looked last night when we were there.”

“Why would she be in town and not want to see us?” He counters. “It doesn’t make sense.”

“Call her, I’m telling you she’s in Lancaster.”

Patrick puts down his food and pulls out his phone and starts scrolling until he finds my number. He clicks on it and instantly my phone starts playing the chorus to The Shower Scene.. Joe and Patrick look back at me and Ricky with shocked looks on their faces.

“Surprise?” I ask, smiling at the two of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?

Would have been out sooner but I'm currently taking care of three foster kittens.