Sequel: Hangovers with You

Waking up in Vegas

Never learn not to love you

Before I find myself getting lost in the kiss, I push him away. “What the fuck, Charnas?” I repeat myself. “What gives?”

“I’m not signing any papers.” He confidently tells me. “I’m not about to let the best thing to happen to me walk out of my life.”

“What are you talking about?” I ask him. “I’m still gonna be in your life, you’re kinda stuck with me. An annulment isn’t gonna take away the last 13 years.”

He signs, pulling me back to him. “I’ve been in love with you for 9 of those 13 years.” I gasp. “The feelings started after the music video you did for us and I pushed them down. I thought it was just a stupid crush because you played my girlfriend in a music video.”

“A girlfriend you killed.” I remind him, chuckling.

“But I realized they were 100% real when you did the tattoo behind my ear. Having you that close brought all those feelings back. And I spent all these years trying to mask those feelings because I can’t lose you. You’re my best friend, my rock; the girl that can build me up and tear me down in one single sentence.”

I feel tears forming in my eyes. I’ve been waiting to hear these things from him for years. And it just took us getting married and me blindly handing over papers that apparently he doesn’t even want.

“You’re an idiot.” I croak out, wiping my tears away. “Well, we’re idiots.” I correct myself, chuckling.

“What do you mean?” He asks.

“It all started in 2011,” I admit, letting out a nervous laugh. “I thought it was just because you were being so sweet and helping me deal with losing Cole. So I pushed my feelings down for many many years.”

“And what changed?”

“Us living with each other during the lockdown.” I admit, blushing. “Living with you brought back all those feelings. It took everything in me not to admit my feelings, which is why I immediately moved out once we were able to.”

Spencer just laughs. “You’re right. We are such fucking idiots.” He pulls my body against his. “No more being idiots, okay? Let’s stay married. Let’s make this work. I can’t lose you.”

“American Psycho actually has a heart.” Cole coos, ruining the cute moment.

“You’re gonna regret that, Nicolette.” Spencer smirks, glaring at her.

“And how are you gonna make me regret that?” Cole smirks at him.

“This.” He simply says before kissing me. At first it’s nice and slow, our lips moving in perfect sync with each other. I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him even closer; deepening the kiss.

“I guess it’s safe to say you’ve stopped fantasizing about me naked, Charnas?” Cole asks, causing Spencer to pull away from me.

“Yea, I think it’s safe to say.” He replies before looking back at me. “I’ve been given new fantasies now.”

“I knew those pictures would come in handy.” I smile before pulling him down into another kiss…

**

“Are you guys going to be that couple that are constantly kissing and being all lovey dovey that makes their friends nauseated?” Joe asks later on as all of us are all sitting around. He takes a hit of his joint before passing it over to Ricky. “I’d like a warning.”

“I’d like a warning if they’re gonna be fucking while we’re here.” Cole laughs. “Do we need to get ear plugs? Remember, I lived with you; I know how loud you can get.”

Ricky shudders before passing me the joint. “Yea, do we need ear plugs? You’re like my sister. I DON’T need to hear you getting fucked.”

“Glass houses, loves. Glass houses.” I smirk before taking a hit of the joint and passing it to Spencer. “But to answer your question, my husband’s birthday is coming up and since he ripped up one of my presents, I’m gonna have to have sex with him now.” Spencer just chuckles before kissing my temple.

“We’re gonna regret rooting for you guys to get together, huh?” Patrick chuckles.

“Sorry boo.”

“Don’t worry about it.” He smiles. “We still have a couple years before you divorce him and come running to Buffalo to be with me.” He shoots Spencer a smirk. I turn around just in time to see Spencer flipping Patrick off.

“Baby, I’m from the south.” I remind him. “It’ll be a cold day in hell when I move to upstate New York. Too fucking cold, my love. No matter how much I love you, I’d never move to the frozen hell you call home.”

“I always forget you're supposed to be this southern belle.” Dan laughs, taking a hit off the joint. “What the fuck happened?”

“She met Spencer.” Cole smirks, causing me to roll my eyes. “Naw, the southern belle part of her personality only exists when she’s talking with her family. She’s always had a dark side. Fuck, I met her on Vampirefreaks all those years ago.”

“I don’t get it,” Joe starts. “You hate “dark” music but you love horror movies, you were on Vampirefreaks and you’re married to a lead singer of a metalcore band. Like you’re one confusing person. You’re supposed to be a hippie but you’re a dark hippie.”

“I like to keep people on their toes.” I smirk as I’m cuddling up against Spencer.

“Question, how are you gonna tell your mother about your marriage?” Cole asks. “She’s not gonna be happy about your eloping and you’re married to the one man she fucking hates.”

“That is future Kodi’s problem.” I laugh. “I guess I’ll have to figure it out before I go home for 3 months.”

“Your mom is gonna go Manson family on Spencer, isn’t she?” Ricky smirks, causing me to laugh. “I’ll take that laugh as a yes.”

I turn my head enough to look at Spencer. I plant a kiss on his lips and smile. “Don’t worry, I’ll protect you.” He just wraps his arms around me tightly.

This wasn’t how I thought this trip was gonna go…
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?