Sequel: Hangovers with You

Waking up in Vegas

From shots and sippin' Cabo

Kodiak’s POV; Friday morning

I get out of my Uber once it pulls up to Spencer’s apartment building. I get out of the SUV, bags in hand, aviator sunglasses over my eyes and a tall boy of Monster Reserve, White Pineapple, in hand. Last night was just a prequel of my weekend with my tattoo studio family. Now it’s time to start the main event with my crazy Ice Nine Kills family.

I walk into Spencer’s apartment and toss my bags by his before plopping down next to him on the couch. He looks up at me and chuckles. “Nice sunglasses Maverick; don’t tell me you’re hungover.”

“We went drinking last night after work,” I tell him, not bothering to take off the sunglasses. “Had one too many sake bombs and now the sun hurts my eyes.”

Spencer laughs. “Are you planning on being drunk all weekend?”

“Oh fuck yea” I laugh. “Me and Patrick are gonna be in the same city, we’re getting fucking hammered.”

“You’re gonna be so hungover in the morning.” Spencer shakes his head.

“Baby, you underestimate me and my ability to bounce back.”

“The older you get the harder it is to bounce back.” He counters.

I snort. “You’re just old and grumpy, Mister I’m Almost Forty.”

“Trust me, hangovers are worse the older you get.”

“You better not use that as an excuse not to drink this weekend.” I smirk at him. “I’m forcing you to let go and have fun. You’re getting hammered with me.” Spencer just groans, causing me to laugh. “Come on Spence, it’s been awhile since we got hammered together.”

“And there is a reason for that.” He laughs. “But for you, I’ll do anything.”

I kiss his cheek. “You’re the best Spence.”

**

“Vegas baby!” Patrick yells as we get into the party bus. I just roll my eyes, laughing, as I sit down next to Spencer and Nicolette, one of my oldest friends. The rest of Ice Nine Kills as well as George, Dylan and Jorel from Hollywood Undead pile onto the bus. I’ve known the boys of Hollywood Undead long before they toured with Ice Nine Kills. I used to be neighbors with Jorel. We ended up being best friends and smoking buddies. Dylan and I have partied countless times before, getting arrested once. And I swear the only reason why George is coming is because he has this thing going on with Nicolette.

“Vegas baby!” Dylan exclaims, sitting down on my lap. “Princess is turning 32!”

“Why does everyone call you Princess?” Nicolette questions with an accent that’ll make anyone swoon. “I’ve been meaning to ask that for a while.”

“Spencer started it.” I laugh. “Now he doesn’t even call me that.”

“Because you hate it.” Spencer points out.

“No, I hate when Ricky calls me Yogi Bear.” I counter, before turning to Ricky. “Why the fuck do you call me that?”

‘Your name is Kodiak.” He replies as if it’s the most obvious thing. “Plus Kodi is close to Yogi.” He shrugs. “You never tell me not to call you that so I’ll continue to do it until told otherwise.”

“Why not Boo Boo?” Joe questions. “I’m sure if you were to call her the name of a bear, she’d be fine with Boo Boo.”

“Exactly!” I laugh. “Why don’t you call me Boo Boo?”

“Because you’re not someone’s sidekick.” He shrugs. “You have the personality of a main character.”

“That’s actually kinda sweet.” I chuckle. “I’m touched, Ricardo.” The touching moment is soon interrupted by Patrick popping open a bottle of champagne. I chuckle, I seriously can’t wait to get this weekend rolling.

**

After getting to Vegas, we immediately head to the suite to get ready. The day turned into night as we get ready for the night on the town. Around 9pm, all of us are ready to go.

“Hold up!” Patrick yells, holding up a bottle of tequila. He’s standing behind the bar in the suite, there are a line of shot glasses in front of him. “Grab a glass and let’s head to the roof.” Laughing, we do as we’re told.

“It’s like we’re walking into The Hangover.” Spencer grumbles, causing me to laugh. “We all know how that movie ends.”

“As long as Patrick doesn’t plan on giving us roofies, I’m sure we’ll be fine.” I kiss his cheeks while Patrick fills our shot glasses.

“Weekend rules!” Dylan exclaims, causing us to laugh.

“Don’t add to the population.” Nicolette says.

“Don’t subtract from the population.” George adds.

“Stay out of the hospital, the newspaper and jail.” Jorel adds.

“And if you do end up in jail, establish dominance quickly.” Joe snickers.

“And the most important rule, don’t be a walking cliche and get married!” I exclaim before all of us take the first shot of many tonight…
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?