Sequel: Hangovers with You

Waking up in Vegas

Sсаry whеn my pridе is соming оut tо plаy

Nicolette and I are lounging poolside. I’m not sure if they stares are because we’re two pale girls, wearing all black bathing suits or if it’s the sounds of Dirty Heads coming from the little speaker that’s sitting between us.

“Do you wanna talk about it?” Nicolette asks, sipping her mimosa.

“Talk about what?” I ask, playing innocent as I close my eyes, enjoying the sun on my skin.

“Cut the shit, Kodiak. You know exactly what I’m talking about.” She chuckles. “You didn’t even take off the damn ring.”

Rolling my eyes, I take the wedding band off and place it next to the speaker. “Happy?”

“Seriously, Kodi. Do you plan on just ignoring this problem hoping it’ll go away on it’s own?”

“I already called a lawyer and with how our schedules are, it’s gonna be awhile before we can actually get it annulled. “

“What do you mean?”

“The day we go back to L.A, Ice Nine Kills is flying out to England to start their European tour. The day they come back to the States is the day I fly to Athens to help my friend out with his tattoo studio for 3 months while one of his artists are on maternity leave.”

“You’re going to Greece?”

I snort. “I wish, I’m flying home to Athens, GA.” I laugh. “With how our schedules are, we’re better off just filing for annulment when we get a moment.”

“How long do you have to file?”

“4 years, if you meet the requirements.”

“And do you?”

“We weren’t of sound mind when we got married, so yea.”

“And they probably asked if you consummate marriage, right?” She laughs. “Which we all know you didn’t. You’d never sleep with your best friend, even drunk.”

A grunt escapes Spencer’s lips as I slam him against the suite’s door, our lips locked in a frenzied kiss. Our hands all over each other, tugging our clothes as I struggle to get our keycard to unlock the door.

The moment it unlocks, Spencer and I stumble into the suite making fast progress taking each other’s clothings off; leaving a trail leading straight to Spencer’s room…


I cough. “Yea that didn’t happen at all…”

**

A couple hours later, I’m still poolside with my eyes closed as I let Sublime carry me into a state of relaxation when I feel someone blocking my sun. Opening my eyes, I see Spencer standing directly in front of me.

“Oh look, it’s my darling husband. I wonder what he could want.” I sarcastically say, looking at him over my sunglasses; glaring.

“Can we talk?”

I motion to the empty lounger next to me. “Sit, pretty boy. Let’s talk.”

“I first want to apologize to you for the comment about you being the last person I’d want to marry. That was uncalled for and shouldn’t have been said. I’d be very lucky to call you my wife. It was just a shock to find out that you were my wife. For so many years, you’ve been my best friend. It was weird that you could have been anything else.”

“Thanks, Spence.” I smile. “I probably overreacted a bit. It was a shock for me too. But also hearing that I’m the last person my best friend would want to marry, did hurt not gonna lie.”

“So what are we gonna do?” He asks. “Both of us have jam-packed schedules the next couple months.”

“We have 4 years to get an annulment in the state of California if we meet the requirements which we do. We both were of unsound mind when we got married so we can file once we get everything in our lives sorted out.”

“You called a lawyer?” He sounds surprised.

“Yea, why wouldn’t I?” I question him. “Remember, I’m the last person you’d want to be married to. Of course I’d call a lawyer to fix this mistake you got us into.”

“How the fuck is this my fault?”

“You were practically begging Cole to get married, you probably said fuck it and married me instead because it was either me or a bandmate.” I reply, rolling my eyes. “But seriously you and Ricky would look cute together. You should make it happen.” Spencer rolls his eyes but a smile appears on his lips.

“Are we good?”

“Yea, we’re good, Spence.” I smile, grabbing his hand. “You really can’t get rid of me this easily. You’re kinda stuck with me…”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?