Sequel: Hangovers with You

Waking up in Vegas

Last night was the prequel. But tonight is the sequel,

“Damn, Kodi what the fuck happened to your hips?” Ricky asks, smirking a bit as we all hang out before going to dinner. “They’re covered in bruises. Did you get in a fight or something?”

“Maybe she was in the same fight Spencer was in.” Patrick has a smirk of his own on his lips. “Did you see the scratches going down his back?” Spencer and I just glare at them, both of us have our arms cross across our chests. We’re clearly annoyed but this doesn’t stop their annoying smirks and jokes.

I turn to Spencer, still glaring. “You brought these men into our lives. This is your fault.” I get up off the couch and head to my room to get changed for the evening. Tonight we’re going out for sushi and then the sequel to last night begins. Let’s just hope no one gets a face tattoo tonight.

**

“So you guys don’t remember anything?” Nicolette is the first one to ask the ever important question that is on everyone’s mind when we all sit down for dinner.

“Last thing I remember is trying to convince you to marry me at the wedding chapel.” Spencer replies, shrugging. “Everything else is just a blur.”

“My memory comes and goes.” I shrug. “I remember Patrick and Ricky doing body shots off of me and I remember hopping on stage at a strip club, dancing to some song by Tech N9ne. Oh and I remember drunkenly stumbling into the hotel suite making out with Spencer.” I don’t want to admit that I remember fucking my best friend and actually enjoying it.

“Oh you did more than make out.” George smirks at me, immediately being smacked upside the head by Nicolette.

“You guys were in the suite!?” Both Spencer and I ask at the same time. Nicolette and George’s only response was to roll their eyes.

“Oh so that’s where you guys ran off to.” Jorel shakes his head. “Dylan, Joe and I looked everywhere for you while Ricky, Patrick and Dan searched for the married couple. We thought you guys got kidnapped or something; we looked everywhere.”

“Obviously you guys didn’t look in the one place we would all eventually go back to; drunk or not.” I roll my eyes. “Really Jay? I thought you were the smart one of the group.”

“I’m pretty sure that’s Danny.” Nicolette laughs, earning a glare from the 3 men from Hollywood Undead.

“Alright Kodi, I’ve got a serious question.” Dan states. “How the hell do you actually know Hollywood Undead? I’ve been wondering since we first toured with them.”

“It’s a similar situation that I have with Spencer.” I chuckle. “This was a couple years after I met Spencer, Nicolette and I moved into a bigger apartment which happened to be next door to Jorel. I needed help with something, he was home and offered to help me and the rest is history. I actually miss that apartment.”

“Why did you move anyway?” Jorel questioned. “You only lived there for like a year.”

“Because someone,” shoots Nicolette a glare, “decided to drop out of school and move back to fucking France. Thanks to you, I had to move out of the coolest apartment ever. I miss the exposed brick so much.”

“You survived.” Nicolette rolls her eyes.

“So last night was crazy.” Patrick comments, changing the subject back to last night. “Do either of you remember anything else?” The question is obviously directed at me and Spencer. “Like anything at all besides what you just told us.”

“How about you guys fill us in?” I suggest. “Obviously both of us have no memory.”

“Where would you like us to start?” Ricky asks.

“How the hell did we end up getting married to each other?” Spencer questions. “Seriously, my last memory is of me trying to convince Cole to marry me. I’m confused on how I went from asking Cole to marry me to being married to Kodi.”

“That would be my fault!” Dylan sheepishly raises his arm. “We paid for everything already and Spencer was already set to be the groom so when Cole bailed, I kinda pushed a drunk Kodi down the aisle.”

“And she dragged me with her.” Ricky chuckles. “Apparently we’d be the ultimate throuple.”

“Even drunk me wants to see you two married.” I shoot a smirk at Ricky and Spencer, causing the two men to roll their eyes. I return my attention to Dylan, but a smile or a smirk isn’t on my lips. My eyes are glaring directly at him. “You’re the reason why I’m fucking married? This might be the single most horrible thing you ever did to me. And I got arrested and spent the night in a drunk tank because I decided to cover for you.”

“Relax, it was just a joke mami.” Dylan chuckles, acting as if this was just a harmless joke. I feel my blood boiling and before I know it, I’m launching myself over the table ready to rip him limb from limb. Lucky for Dylan, two sets of arms are stopping me. I turn and see both Jorel and Spencer pulling me back. I’m still glaring at Dylan but I allow the two men to pull me back to my seat.

“Fuck, I don’t think I’ve ever seen you this pissed.” Joe comments, slightly scared. As he should be. “It’s a harmless prank.”

“It’s not harmless at all, Joe.” I sigh. “You do realize marriages appear on public records right? Thankfully we can file for annulment so it won’t appear but still. This could have seriously fucked both my life and Spencer’s lives up if we were in actual relationships. Would you like it if you found out your girlfriend got married in Vegas with her best guy friend because their friends thought it would be funny?” He’s silent. “Look I love, y’all and this was probably extremely funny for the rest of you but it’s not funny to me.” I grab my clutch and walk out of the restaurant. I’m suddenly not in the mood to celebrate my birthday.

I get outside and lean up against the building, pulling out my vape from my purse. I take a drag before letting it out slowly when I hear footsteps walking towards me. The person sits next to me, leaning up against me.

“Why is it you’re always the one that gets sent out to make me feel better?” I ask the person, passing my vape to him.

“Because I’m your husband.” Spencer chuckles as he takes a hit of my vape. “You okay?” He wraps an arm around me, pulling me into your side.

“I’m glad my life is nothing but a joke to my friends.” I mumble. “I’m not even sure what I’m more mad about. The fact my friends think me getting married is a joke or the fact that I’m a fucking walking cliche that got drunkenly married to my best friend in Vegas.”

Spencer squeezes me. “I’m sorry.”

“What do you have to be sorry about?” I ask him, sneaking a look at him. “You’re not the one that pushed me down the aisle. That’s all Dylan.”

“No but I’m the reason we were even at the chapel.” He states.

“Your crush on Cole isn’t to blame for this, I swear.” I laugh. “I’m all for blaming the Mexican. I’m blaming him and the fucking ridicious amount of alcohol either of us consumed. We weren’t of sound mind. Those who were probably more sober than us should have intervened but they didn't because they thought it would be funny; which is shitty.”

“So what’s gonna happen?”

“Tonight or in general?”

Spencer chuckles, “how about both?”

“Tonight we’re gonna go back inside, I’m not gonna contemplate Dylan’s demise and we’re gonna continue partying.” I reply to the first one. “And in general we’re gonna go our separate ways for a bit. You’re going to Europe and I’ll be going to Georgia and whenever we actually meet up again we can work on getting this sham of a marriage annulled.”

“You’re really pushing to get this annulled aren’t you?”

I give Spencer a confused look. “I mean, wouldn’t you? Remember I’m the last person you’d want to marry. I thought you’d be pushing the annulment more than I am. Besides, if my mom found out I married you she’d flip her fucking lid. She absolutely hates you and would rather die than see me married to you.”

“Fuck, what did I ever do to her?” He laughs.

“I don’t know, American Psycho. She’s not fond of the Ted Bundy vibes you’re putting out. You throw off her good vibes.”

“Wasn’t your mom in the Manson Family Cult?”

“No, she was a groupie of The Beach Boys, specifically Dennis Wilson.” I correct him. “She met Manson once when he recorded “Cease to Exist" at Wilson’s mansion. She was never in the family. She was just wanted to fuck the drummer of The Beach Boys. Remember it was the 60s. A lot of drugs were involved.”

“What is it with you, your mother and drummers?” Spencer asks, chuckling.

“At least my drummer isn’t semi-involved in a cult.” I narrow my eyes on him. “He just has questionable friends that have questionable tastes.”

Spencer leans in close enough to whisper in my ear. “Remember I was your friend way before Patrick was ever in the band…”

I roll my eyes before pushing Spencer away. “Come on, let’s get back inside.”

“Can you not kill Dylan?” Spencer asks as we walk back in. “I don’t want to have to drag his body out into the desert.”

“Honestly, I can’t make any promises.”
♠ ♠ ♠
If at any point this site goes down for a couple days, you can find me on AO3 my username is steffaneenikkole.