Sequel: Hangovers with You

Waking up in Vegas

Little off-guard and unprepared

FWD ONE WEEK

“Can we please not watch horror movies?” Cole pleads with me as I scroll through my Max app, looking for a movie to watch. “You’re already giving off the first girl that dies in the horror movie with what you’re wearing.” I look down and I’m wearing black biker shorts with one of Spencer’s many Silent Night, Deadly Night t-shirts.

“Ok fine, since I picked dinner you get to pick the movie.” I toss her the remote. “Keep it English please? I’m not in the mood to read what movie I’m watching.” She rolls her eyes before she starts scrolling away; landing one some stoner comedy. “We both have been hanging around Dylan way too much.” She just snorts as I walk into my kitchen to finish making our black bean tacos.

“So where is your hubby at?” Cole asks before taking a giant bite of the taco.

“Somewhere in Europe.” I shrug, not really knowing or caring about his location.

“You’re not keeping tabs on him?” She smirks, causing me to roll my eyes. “Such a trusting wife.”

“I never cared when we were friends and that’s not suddenly gonna change now that we’re technically married.” I explain to her. “Plus since we aren’t in the same time zone, I hate calling him. I don’t want to wake him up. So I let him call me when he has the time.”

“You’re not talking to Patrick?” She questions. “That’s weird.”

“Again, I’m letting them contact me. I’m not the one performing nightly. I don’t want to wake them.”

“Aw such a nice wifey.” Cole coos mockingly. “So are you really gonna get your marriage annulled? Why not stay married and have an open marriage? You act like a married couple already.”

“You need to stop talking to Ricky.” I roll my eyes, pinching the bridge of my nose. “I’ll tell you what I told him, the annulment is happening. One of the first things Spencer told me after finding out was that I was the last person he’d marry. So why stay married to that?”

“Because you love him?” She suggests, causing me to roll my eyes. “You’ve always had a crush on Spencer since you met him. Hell you had his contact name in your phone as Hot Neighbor. You’ve always found him attractive.”

“He’s still Hot Neighbor in my phone.” I tell her, laughing. “It’s just Hot Neighbor #1 now. I’m never changing that.”

“Who the fuck is number 2?” Nicolette laughs.

“Jay…duh.” I laugh. “And besides, I love Patrick but you don’t see me doing anything with that.”

“Your love for Patrick is different.” Cole rolls her eyes. “Your feelings for Patrick aren’t real. They’re a cute little crush that you are extremely open about. Your love for Spencer? That transcends everything. You might not see it, but Spencer is your true soulmate, not Patrick.” I just roll my eyes. “Why haven’t you pursued anything with Patrick?”

“There are two reasons.” I tell her. “Biggest reason is that he lives in Buffalo and I live here in L.A. The second reason is that he’s abso-fucking-lutely terrified of how protective you and Spencer are of me. I honestly think it’s mostly you, he knows Spencer’s craziness is an act.”

Cole chuckles. “Smart man but he’s not afraid of Spencer? The man is obsessed with horror movies.”

“Yea but you fall asleep watching true crime documentaries. Spencer’s craziness is just an act. You’re always terrifying. Spencer is only terrifying on stage.”

“I mean that man looks terrifying sometimes.” Cole laughs.

“Yea but Spencer is a lot like Jay. They look terrifying but deep down they’re just cuddly teddy bears trying to act tough.”

“I’m so telling Jay you think he’s a cuddly teddy bear.” Cole jokes, smirking at me.

“I’ve called him a Cuddly Doodle Bear to his face before.” I scoff. “That man just glared at me. He knows he can’t do shit to me, he loves me too much.”

“And this is why Vanessa hated you so much.” Cole snickers, causing me to roll my eyes. “She’s always been threatened by your relationship with Jay.”

“She still hates me.” I shrug. “And I couldn’t care less about that.”

“I figured you’d cut ties with her once she and Jay divorced.”

“I tried but she was in the music video Ice Nine Kills did for Welcome to Horrorwood.” I explain to her. “Anytime I tried to talk to Spencer she’d be all over him, glaring at me. Like bitch, he was my friend first. Part of me wanted to be like bitch I fucked your ex-husband but I stopped myself. Because I didn’t want to cause problems with Jay.”

“You and Jay never fucked though.”

“Vanessa doesn’t need to know that!”

**

A couple hours later, once Cole leaves, my phone goes off. It was a text from Spencer.

Hot Neighbor #1: You up?”

Me: I’m not about to sext with my husband.

Hot Neighbor #1: You’re such a fucking bitch, you know that?

Me: But I’m your bitch…forever.
OR until we get this marriage annulled.
But what’s up, pretty boy?

Instead of texting back, Spencer video calls me. I answer the video and he’s visibly tired. “You okay Charnas? You’re looking tired.”

“Jetlag sucks.” He whines causing me to chuckle. “I also miss you and wanted to talk to you.”

“Awww, the American Psycho has a heart.” I coo, mocking him.

Spencer just roll his eyes and smirks, “fuck you.”

“You already did…in Vegas.,” I smirk.

“Glad we can laugh about that now.” He chuckles. “So how's this week been going?”

“Better now.” I smile. Maybe Cole is right. Maybe I do have deep hidden feelings for my best friend…
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?