Jealous Orchard

22

"Hey," her voice was soft, and it made me shudder.

I looked at her with a sly smile and as I walked closer to her and she wrapped her tan arms around my neck. I inhaled her perfume which I had recently found out it was Daisy by Marc Jacobs.

Going back to school on Monday was something I was actually looking forward too. I hadn't told anyone about Morgan and I and I'm pretty positive she hasn't either.

I know this because if she told Taylor she would say something to Adam and I would have been bitched out for not telling, also we've spent as much time as possible together.

Morgan called it 'making up for lost times.'

Taylor was the first to shoot us a curious glance to our sudden embrace, and perhaps the lingering of her arms around my neck.

She pulled back slightly still holding me and she smiled.

"Hey," I said with a smirk.

She pulled away completely and picked up her bag.

"Are you guys friends again?" Taylor asked coming to Morgan's side.

"Best friends," Morgan corrected her, not taking her eyes off of me.

"Well that's great, now we can all eat together!" Adam said clapping his hand on my back.

The whole day I thought about Morgan, and Morgan and I together.

The first four periods were a blur as Morgan's face clouded my mind.

"Hey, Brendon?" I looked up completely shocked.

I stared at Susan. She stood in front of me with her books covering her chest.

"What?" I asked.

I wasn't harsh, but I clearly remembered her screaming at the top of her lungs that she never wanted to speak to me again because I didn't ask her to Homecoming.

She looked shocked that I wasn't welcoming her with open arms.

"I'm sorry," she said giving me a smile.

"Thanks," I said nodding my head and gathering my things.

I stood up to leave but she grabbed my arm.

"Wait, I was hoping we could forget what happened and put it behind us," she said pulling me closer to her.

I pulled my arm away from her, and slightly glared at her.

"I don't think so, Susan. You're a little to much for me to handle," I said.

"Brendon, it was one fight! We can get over this!" she pleaded behind me as I kept walking.

I looked ahead to see Morgan waiting for me by my locker.

Susan also looked a head and huffed.

"You moved on fast," she almost growled.

"If I remember you were already with Michael Cox before we broke up."

"She's just a slut, Brendon. I know you think she likes you but she's going to drop you like a dime," Susan said into my ear.

I looked back at Morgan to see staring intently at us.

"She seems jealous," Susan said snaking her arm around my neck.

"Susan, seriously back off," I said ducking out of her arm and quickly walking over to my locker.

Morgan had a small smile on her face as I leaned on the locker.

"She tried to get back with me," I said.

"I know, she was talking about it in the hallway," she said also leaning on the lockers.

"I didn't. Just so you know."

"I figured considering she stormed off in the other direction."

Morgan's smile grew wider but then it fell a little.

"What's wrong?" I asked opening my locker.

"I wanna kiss," she mumbled into my ear.

It was that voice again. That hushed voice that caused goose bumps to form on my arm, and made my stomach muscles tighten because I couldn't afford to think about Morgan in an inappropriate way during school.

She pulled away and I let out a slight groan.

I looked at her and leaned in to press my lips against hers. Her arms arms were quickly around my neck and she was pressed against the locker.

We had tried before to kiss with a little less passion but it never seemed to work, and right now neither of us cared.

"When the fuck did this happen?"

We both pulled away from each other as we turned to look at Taylor, and Adam staring at us.

"Um, this Friday," Morgan said with red swollen lips.

"It's about fucking time," Taylor said smiling.
________________________

"Are you going to come over?" Morgan asked walking up next to me.

She wrapped her arm around mine, and everyone else around us was staring and whispering.

That one kiss in an empty hallway had already spread through the whole school.

Guys I haven't spoken to since elementary school came up to me and gave me a high five for 'getting with Morgan.'

"Yeah, I'll come over," I said as I tried to ignored the whispers.

"I'm sorry," she said clearly seeing my uncomfort.

"It's not your fault."

She gave me a small smile as she dragged me to her Jeep.

"I need to tell Adam."

"No you don't. He already left with Taylor," she said.

"Wow, what a friend," I snorted.

"Yeah, what a friend," she mumbled into my ear and kissed my cheek.

"You are the most affectionate person I know," I said as she pulled away to go to the drivers side.

"Brendon, I spent the whole summer waiting to kiss you. I think I have the right to be affectionate toward you."

"Hey, I'm not complaining. Just stating a fact."

"My mom, and dad are going to be at work until six," she said smirking.

"Well that's lovely. Whatever will we do with this time to ourselves?"

"When do you have your next band practice?"

"You've got to be kidding me. That's what you're thinking about?"

"I'm thinking about you."

"Can I ask a favor from you?"

"Of course," Morgan said instantly.

"If you happen to see Will before me tomorrow, can you say no to his question. Especially when he's talking about Homecoming," I said not looking at her.

She smiled slightly but didn't look at me.

"Of course," she said again, turning into her driveway.

She laid on her wood flooring as she looked up at me on her bed.

The Beach Boys was playing in her old record player about four feet away from her.

"Brendon?"

She looked up at me with questioning eyes, that made me want to go down there and hold her. I wanted to wrap my arms around her small frame and tell her she had no reason to have any doubt that was dancing through her mind.

"Yes?"

"I'm not just a rebound girl right?"

This time I actually did move down there and grabbed a hold of her hands. Her nimble fingers were cold against my hand that suddenly felt like I had a fever.

"Morgan, I've wanted to be with you since high school started. Everyone knew except you," I said trying to explain that she wasn't my way of getting over Susan.

"Really?"

Now she had a sly smile on her face.

"Don't you dare laugh. Do you know how nerve wrecking it is to even go up and talk to you?"

"No, not really. One because I don't talk to myself. Also, I'm not that intimidating."

She looked down at herself and laughed. Probably seeing a small petite blonde girl, and thinking of me not being able to talk to her.

"But you're so pretty, and everyone either wanted you or wanted to be with you," I mumbled as she sat up her legs were bent on the side of me and she leaned in close to me.

"You're too adorable for me to handle right now," she said as her lips began to brush against my neck.

"You're sudden urge to kiss me is too much for me to handle."

I shifted closer to her, if that was even possible, and wrapped my left hand around her neck. I pulled her head up to mine so I could kiss her, but not over do it like every other time.

I pulled away and watched a smile spread across her lips. Her eyes were still closed as she leaned her forehead against mine. I could feel her hot breath against my lips and I wanted to lean in again and continue kissing her.

"There's so much I want to say," she started as her still chilled hands grabbed onto my neck. "But I have no words to explain it."

She let out a short laugh and her hands were gone from my neck. Her legs stretched out like wooden planks and she fell back onto the floor.

"Does this feel like this isn't reality?"

"That's what it completely feels like."

Her voice drifted toward me just the same as Brian Wilson's did the same.

There was a few minutes of silence until Morgan started laughing.

Her hands flew to her stomach as she continued laughing.

"Are we just the most awkward thing ever?"

"I don't want to sound like an nymphomaniac, but I feel like I have nothing to say, but I just want to kiss you," she said sitting up.

Her hair fell across her chest as she had a crazy smile on her face.

"I don't think you have to apologize for that."

She rested her hands on my shoulder and pushed herself off the floor.

"Let's go get some Slurpin' Grapes."

She held out her hand and I grabbed it.

________________________

"You know what I realized?"

She looked up at me with a curious glance as she continued to slurp the purple liquid through a straw.

Her tan legs were again on either side of me, but this time I could feel her purposely press her legs against me.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

She stopped slurping and smiled at me. The inside of her lips were tinted purple, and her white teeth stood out in her smile.

"I'd love to be your girlfriend," she said.

We both fell silent after that and drank the drinks. She leaned her head against the chain and just stared off into the distant.

What I would give to see into her mind. To know what her thoughts were on what was all still happening.

"Are we still going to be BFFs?"

I looked at her and my heart almost stopped. This young love might be the death of me, but it's not like I would mind.

"Till the day we die, Morgan."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been forever, but whatever. sorry. =/

Comment pleeasse!