I Might Just Trust You

Her Name Was Chris

It’s been two months since tour, and sadly, I still can’t seem to get her out of my head. Jeph is the only one that knows about my “obsession” with her, at least that’s what he likes to call it. What can I say? Her beauty defies all description. What keeps me going without completely going insane? I tell myself, “It just wasn’t met to be.”

Suddenly my train of thought is interrupted by a voice, I loved hearing, “Hey sexy,” I turn my head and see my new girlfriend Ashley, I smile, she’s too beautiful.

“Hey baby,” I reply as I wrap my arms around her when she sits on my lap.

“What are you thinking about?” She asks, resting her head on my right shoulder. I intertwine our fingers while thinking of a reply, “nothing really,” I finally blurt out after a couple of seconds.

“You sure? I know you, when you’re deep in thought you get that sexy confused look.” She says letting go of my hand so she can place both of her hands on my face. I look her into her deep icy blue eyes and see concern across her face.

I simply reply, “Nothing, honestly it’s nothing to worry about.” Then I kiss her, then instantly I realize her concern disappears and it’s another night spent on the couch with her. Our bodies colliding in joy of just being with each other; Bert calls it love, but isn’t it just sex? I guess I’ll never know.

-◘-

The next day I’m awaking by the sound of my cell phone ringing. Grunting I slowly sit up to answer my phone. Ashley wraps her arms around my waist, still half asleep.

“Hello?” I say into the receiver.

“Hello, is this Quinn Allman?” A deep voice asked from the other line.

“Yes, who’s speaking?” I asked, now alert.

“I’m calling from the guitar shop from Main Street. Your guitar, the gibson you brought in needing to replace the neck?”

“Oh yeah, is it fixed?”

“Yes, it’s ready to go now. So I was just calling to ask when you’ll be able to pick it up.”
“I’ll pick it up this afternoon.”

“Alright sounds good. Well I won’t be here but just ask for Chris and she’ll be able to take care of everything.”

“Okay then, thanks.”

“No problem.” And with that, I hung up the phone and decided it was time to get ready for the day.

-◘-

“Ashley I’ll be back in a few. I’m going to pick up my guitar.” I told her as I was walking out the door, not really knowing if she heard me or not.

When I arrived at the guitar shop, it looked empty; then again, it always looked empty. They hardly ever got business it seemed. Which is one of the many reasons as to why I also chose this place to get my guitar gear from; also because the manager loved our music and always gave me discounts on amps and such.

Walking through the main door, the little signal bell rang and sure enough, no one was in the store. Or so it seemed, when I saw someone crouching down behind the cash register putting away things with their back to me.

“Excuse me. My name is Quinn Allman and I’m here to pick up my guitar. I was told to ask for a girl named Chris that works here?” I asked while I approached the cash register.

“That would be me.” The person said standing up, then turning around to face me.

“Hey Quinn, remember me?” Chris said with a smile on her face. I was too much in shock to speak. I remembered all too well. She was the girl that I could never stop thinking about. The girl that I fell for in Arizona. The girl that I only met once and the girl that was forever on my mind.; her name was Chris.
♠ ♠ ♠
[size-90]Finally an update! Sorry I haven't in....FOREVER.
And I'm really sorry I don't keep my promises!!
But hope you like it and comment please! thanks!