I Might Just Trust You

Falling In Love Is Like Falling For The Wrong One

“Your...your name is Chris?” I asked, still completely in shock.

“Well my full name is Christy, but everyone I meet usually just insist on calling me Chris.” She said shrugging as if it was obvious.

I stared at her deep olive green eyes, amazed that she just worked a few blocks from me the whole time. She stared back, our eyes locked again for the second time. I remembered back when I first saw her standing there against the barricade having the time of her life at our concert. I’ve been waiting for the moment to see her again and I had no idea what to do, or say.

“Why didn’t you come up on stage?” I asked out of nowhere, breaking the silence we had between us, our eyes still locked together.

“I didn’t want to lose my spot up front, it was perfect.” She said, slowly and matter-o-factly.

“I thought I’d never see you again.” I said, almost a whisper.

“Neither did I.” She said, now breaking the trance we both seemed to be in. She looked down for a moment then looked back up at me and smiled. She had the most beautiful smile I had ever seen. Then again, she was the most beautiful person I had ever seen. Perfect dirty brown hair, cut in the A-Line hairstyle; I only knew what it was called because my old girlfriend Katie had one.

Just before I was going to say something, my phone went off, vibrating and ringing like crazy. I pulled it out of my jean pocket and looked at the caller ID, which read Ashley.

You idiot. I said to myself. I looked up at Christy who was still smiling at me.

“One moment please?” I asked, she nodded and I walked out of the store and stood against the glass.

“Hey baby.” I said into the receiver.

“Hey Quinn, where are you?” She asked in an almost panicked voice.

“I told you I’d be back in a while, I just went to pick up my guitar here at the shop,” I replied, rolling my eyes. She never listened to me.

“Well as long as you’re safe.” She said; I heard her sigh.

“Yeah mom, I’m fine.” I said sarcastically.

“Hey! I’m not that old!” Ashley said laughing.

“I know. Well I should be back in a few minutes, okay sweetie?” I said looking back into the shop; Christy had gone back to doing whatever it was she was doing before.

“Okay, see you soon you sexy man.” She said giggling then hanging up. I sighed and put my phone back in my pocket. What was I doing? I had a great relationship going with Ashley and here I was drooling over a girl that I had never really talked to. Then again, this was the second time Ashley was with me. She’d dumped me before because she said I wasn’t paying enough attention to her. What can I say? I was on tour at the time we had first been together. Why can’t I ever have a relationship that is good and doesn’t end in a catastrophe? It seems like I’m the only guy who can’t have a stable relationship.

“Is everything okay?” I heard Christies voice, I turned to her and realized I was leaning against the glass window outside the shop lost in my crazy thoughts.

Putting a smile on my face I replied, “No, every thing’s fine, I guess I just spaced it for a few minutes.”

“Oh, alright then, well I got your guitar ready for you up at the register now.” She said motioning me back into the shop. So I followed her in and couldn’t help but smile when I saw my beautiful guitar.

“My baby! Daddy missed you honey!” I said running to my guitar and kissing it all over.” Christy fell on the floor laughing at my attitude.

I put my guitar back down on the register desk and started to help her up, when I grabbed her hand she laughed more and pushed me down with her. I fell on my back and stared at her wide-eyed. Christy grinned mischievously and jumped up and ran behind the register.

“That wasn’t very nice.” I said, trying hard to hold back a laugh.

“You liked it.” She said, still laughing. God she had a beautiful laugh.

“Well, maybe.” I said, grinning at her.

After she’d calmed down, she added up the total of how much my guitar would be.
“That’s going to be 86.45 Sir,” She said.

I pulled out my credit card and handed it to her. The receipt printed out and she had me sign my name.

“Well here you go your guitar is practically brand new.”

“Thanks, I don’t know what I would do without it.” I said, strumming some of the strings, it sounded so amazing.

“No problem, it’s not every day that you get to fix Quinn Allmans’ guitar.” She said smiling at me.

Again, our eyes locked together for few brief seconds when the door made the signal that someone else had entered.

“Well, thanks again.” I said, she nodded in response and I waved her goodbye and started to walk off, then I stopped when I reached the door and turned back, to find her staring at me.

“I’m just wondering, why would you go all the way down to Arizona to a show?” I asked,
making my way back to her.

She shrugged, “I missed the show here in Salt Lake and I guess the closet one was in Arizona. Anymore questions?” She asked smiling.

“I have a few,” I said smiling back at her. She was about to respond when my phone went off again, I sighed knowing who it was.

“Um, I have to go, but I was just wondering if you have anything planned tomorrow?” I asked her nervously. What are you doing? I scowled myself.

“Depends, what’s tomorrow?”

“Friday.”

“I’m free then.”

And with that, I told her I’d meet her at the local Starbucks a couple blocks from the music shop. She agreed and I was off back to my house. I was excited and nervous all at the same time. Most of all I was stuck between two different people, one of whom I think I had fallen in love with. The other, was the one that loved me.
♠ ♠ ♠
How was this?
Comment me plz! :]
Thanks!