I Might Just Trust You

Can I Trust You?

Friday arrived, maybe a little too soon. I was so nervous I couldn't think straight. Thankfully Ashley had to go visit her parents today so I was free to do whatever the hell I wanted; like going to meet Chris.

"You're an idiot," I turned around from the mirror in front of me that I was shaving myself in. Jeph smirks at me, while he leans against the bathroom door.

"Why do you say that?" I ask turning back to the mirror.

"Well for one, you're not man enough to break it off with Ashley, and you're going after a different girl." He replies matter-o-factly. Jepha always knew how to get me.

I sighed and wiped my face with the towel, finished with my task at hand. I turned to Jeph and looked down in shame. I knew what I was doing was wrong. I knew I should have just broke it off with Ashley a long time ago. But for once I had a relationship that lasted more than a few weeks.

"I know Jepha, I just don't know how to break up with her. I mean I'm usually the one being dumped."

"Quinn, all you do is look her in the eyes, and say it's over. It's that simple! Yeah sure Ashley might yell, or cry and break a few of your things, well depending on what type of dumpee she is. But it will pass and you won't have to go sneaking around like this. You could be enjoying the time you have with Chris."

I looked up at Jeph knowing he was right, "thanks man."

"No problem," Jepha slapped me on the shoulder and walked off, probably to sneak attack Dan again.

-◘-

Walking into the Starbucks was a little nerve racking. I always get nervous when I'm about to have a "first date". If this was considered a first date. I saw Chris standing by the "pick-up order" side of the coffee shop. I smiled and got in line to order my own.

"Welcome to Starbucks, what can I get ya?" The cashier asked.

"Yeah I'll have an Iced Carmel Macchiato, oh and make it a tall." She nodded and took my name and money and I went to join Chris.

When she turned and saw me she smiled; I felt my heart drop. She wasn't dressed up for anything, but she looked so gorgeous to me in a pair of blue jeans and t-shirt anyway.

"Hey" She said as taking a sip from her iced coffee.

"Hey, how have you been?" I asked, my iced coffee now being handed to me.

"Great, I took the day off so well, y'know, so we could hang out, or whatever this is." She smiled up at me with her amazing olive green eyes.

"Oh about that, um, hey you want to go for a walk?" I asked motioning toward the door.

"Sure, sounds good," Chris replied walking toward the door.

We walked down the street a couple blocks, cars rushing by, I looked at my clock on my cell phone, rush hour.

"Well?" She asked after a couple minutes of silence passed by.

I laughed and looked at her, "right, sorry. Okay, so" I sighed in frustration.

"What? Quinn? You're acting very....strange. Just tell me."

"I'm trying, just give me a sec, It's a little hard to put it in words."

"Well just say it. Are you trying to say you're not as interested in me as you thought?"

I stopped her from walking and looked her straight in the eyes, "Oh god no, that's not it. Okay, I guess you're right. I'll just tell you. So here's the thing-"

"Oh great a thing"

"Yeah a thing. Well okay so a couple months ago when we were on tour, I saw you and thought, wow." I stopped to see her reaction, she looked down and blushed, which gave me the confidence boost I desperately needed, "and before that I'd been struggling with this relationship crap, stuff whatever you call it. I've never been in a relationship that's lasted longer than a couple months, if even a couple months. Every girl that I've ever dated has dumped me for the next big thing. I don't know if it's because I have a crappy personality or what it is. And well, so I saw you and felt this weird, I guess not weird, but this urge to want to know you. But when you walked away that night after the signing I figured I'd never get my chance to know you..." I stopped to get my thoughts straight, this seemed to much for a first date!

She stepped closer to me, "it's okay, just get whatever is on your mind out."

I nodded and began again, "so I thought I'd never have a change to actually meet you. Well now I have a girlfriend and she maybe a little annoying. But the thing is, I just don't have the guts to be the one to dump her. I've never been the type to break someones heart..."

"So, are you saying you want to see where things go with her?" I could see the sadness spread across her face, I practically melted when I saw it.

"I guess what I'm ask you is, can you help me break up with her? And, will you be my girlfriend?"

She smiled and looked down, "girlfriend huh?"

"Is this too fast? Crap, I knew I should have waited. Great I'm such a-"

"Quinn, calm down. I didn't say no did I?"

I grinned, "no you didn't."

"But I also didn't say yes," she said mischievously. "Well, if you really need help breaking it off, I will. About the girlfriend thing, Quinn, you have no idea how glad I am I went to your concert. Who knew this would happen? I certainly didn't. In fact, I thought the same thing, I wasn't sure if I'd ever afford another concert in my life. Bottom line, I like you a lot. I think we could make this work. I don't want do anything though, unless you're totally certain this is what you want."

By this time, we had practically walked around the entire city. We stopped and went to the park. It killed me when I saw the swing set, that horrible memory would taunt me forever. We sat under a tree, across from the playground.

The night sky was sparkling beautifully. I turned and looked at Chris, her eyes seemed to sparkle from the moonlight. I wanted her badly, and I was thinking of what she was saying. Finally, I had to know.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked, looking at her, she was laying down on the grass looking up at the night sky.

"Of course."

I stood, thinking how to phrase it, then decided to just say it, "can I trust you?"

She sat up and locked eyes with me, "yes."
♠ ♠ ♠
I am soooo sorry, I disappeared off the face of the earth!
I have been so epic busy with college and family and adjusting myself to new enviornments.
But through it all I had this on my mind, I just never had time to get around to it.
I am in total debt to all my readers. Forgive me for I have sinned! Hah.
Well okay, I will try my darndest(is that a word?) to update as much as possible.
Don't worry, I won't drop this story, I enjoy it myself.
So please comment! Thanks! :]