Status: UNDER TEMPORARY RECONSTRUCTION

A Painful Life

Getting Ready for the Chunin Exams!

Yumi's POV

Weeks passed... Nothing special happened. Then, one day Kakashi called us for a really important team meeting. Naruto and Sakura were arguing and complaining as usual!

"Everytime he calls us early and he's the one coming late! I didn't have time to blow dry my hair!" Sakura yelled.

"And I didn't have time to brush my teeth or change my underwear!" Naruto joined.

"You didn't? That's really gross, Naruto", she said.

"Guys, you don't have to be so dumb about it. Face it, Kakashi will never change. Always coming late, reading that pervy book. There's nothing we can do." I said breaking the ice. But I don't blame them. As usual we waited for almost 3 hours until he arrived. Typically.

"Hey guys!" He waved as he was standing on th bridge.

"You're late!" Naruto and Sakura yelled.

"Sorry, I got lost in the path of life", he said his usual dumb phrase that he stole from Makeout Paradise.

"Oh yeah, you always get lost in the path of life, Sean. Uh, I mean, sensei", I said.

Kakashi cleared his throat. "Now, the reason I wanted to see you all is because the Chunin Exams are about to start."

"The Chunin Exams? Really?" I asked.

"That's right. I signed you all up. Here are your application forms", he said.

"Application forms? What's that?" Naruto asked.

"You fill them in and hand them on Sunday at noon. Understand?" Kakashi said.

"Wow! Kakashi sensei, you rock!" Naruto yelled as he jumped on Kakashi and hugged him. As we were walking, I could see that everyone was lost in his own thoughts. Naruto met a little kid called Konahamaru and his friends. They were praising him by wearing goggles like Naruto.

"Hey there! You must be the Hokage's grandson. I'm Yumi, Naruto's teammate", I said.

I looked around and saw Sakura following Sasuke as usual but it looked like Sasuke turned her down. "Hey pinky! Why don't you stop following your boyfriend around and come see your other boyfriend?" I said in a loud voice. Everyone looked mad at me; Naruto, for calling his crush Sasuke's boyfriend. Sakura, for embarrassing her and Sasuke for insulting him as Sakura's boyfriend.

"What? What did I say?" I looked confused. "Oh, for calling you like that?"

"You think?" They all said in unison.

"Sorry."

Sasuke walked away and Sakura's face was blue. Konahamaru looked at Sakura then at Naruto.

"Oh I see. You're a smooth operator, boss. That girl must be your girlfriend. The red haired girl even said so herself", Konahamaru smirked.

Naruto didn't want to embarrass himself infront of the boy. "Well, you could say she's crazy about me."

My eyes widened. "You idiot! What I said was enough!" I looked at Sakura as she was about to punch Naruto but she went for me first. Good thing I dodged it but sadly neither Naruto nor Konahamaru survived. They got a nose bleed and a bump on their heads!

"Sakura! See what you've done!" I ran to the boys to see if they were alright. They started saying not so pleasant things about Sakura. "Oh boy! Don't get her started", I told them. Sakura was steaming.

"Well, I think I should get going. You guys have alot to talk about. See you soon!" I ran home as fast as I could. If I had waited any longer, I would have seen the Other Sakura. Sara wasn't at home, so I had to fill the application form my self. Sara of course helped me to train until it was the big day. The registeration day! I'm going to do my best! Believe it! Wow, I'm starting to sound like Naruto... Don't I?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay! Stay tuned for more! Oh and BTW, Cam is going to write the next chapter! Believe it!