Status: UNDER TEMPORARY RECONSTRUCTION

A Painful Life

Will I ever beat Orochimaru?

Yumi's POV

Another flashback:

I just kept running away. No one wanted me in the leaf village. I had no friends, no family... Nothing. I was useless. I started to stop cuz I was tired. I sat under a tree's shade, thinking of what I will do now.

"Hello." A creepy voice said.

"Uh." I got startled.

I looked back and saw a guy with pale white skin, green eyes and long black hair.

"You startled me. Who are you?" I asked him.

"My name is Orochimaru. You must be Yumi." He said.

"How did you know my name?" I asked suspiciously.

"I...uh...guessed." Orochimaru said.

'And he guessed it correctly.' I thought to myself.

"What are you doing here all alone?" Orochimaru asked.

I looked down sadly. "Well, my sister died in the village hidden among the stones. My parents are gone too but I don't know who killed them. Someday, I'm gonna get that creep."

"Well, I'm a Jonin from the sound village. How about you come with me and I will make you stronger?" He said.

"Hmm. Let me think." I said. He does look a little scary but he can help me. "Okay, sir." I told him.

"Call me sensei."

After 6 years

I was now thirteen. I had learned alot from Orochimaru sensei. He went to his room with a boy with white hair. I saw it was no harm listening to what they were saying.

"Yumi must never know that I killed her clan. So I don't want to ruin my success in making her mine by discovering my secret." I heard Orochimaru say.

"Of course, Lord Orochimaru. Her dragon demon is what you want." The boy said.

I gasped and quickly ran to my room. Suddenly, I started seeing Orochimaru killing my parents and Sara carrying me when I was a baby. I snapped back to reality realizing it was true. I collected all my stuff and jumped out of the window. I'm going back to Konoha whether no one wants me or not...
End of flashback.

Author's POV

After 3 days

Yumi's POV

I woke up and saw my self in a white room. The hospital! I looked and saw flowers everywhere. I couldn't move easily but I moved slowly and picked all the bouquets. First one was from Naruto with a get well card. Second was from Sasuke with a get well card. Sasuke? I blushed and smiled. Third was a bouquet of Sakura cherry blossoms. I knew it was from Sakura. And another from Kakashi. A bouquet from Sara and her squad with a card saying: "Hope you get better." I smiled and knew she was okay. I placed them back and found a bouquet on the bed. I pulled it and saw a bouquet of lavenders with a card saying:
"We hope you get better soon.
From: Team Guy; Rock Lee, Ten Ten and Neji Hyuga." Who are these people? Never heard of them before. Oh well. Guess I'm more popular than I think. I felt a sharp pain in my neck. I touched it and felt more pain. I couldn't move but the door was being opened.

"Wait! Don't come in now!" I yelled.

The pain was gone. I looked and saw Kakashi and Sara.

"You okay, sis?" Sara asked.

"Yeah I am. I wanna go back home. I feel alot better now." I said.

"Great! You've been out cold for 3 days!" She said.

"What?? Well, I'm now awake." I smiled.

"Do you like to take the day off tomorrow, Yumi?" Kakashi asked.

"Nah. It's okay. But please not too much training." I said.

"Sure." I felt Kakashi smiling under his mask.

I got up from the bed, took my clothes from the closet and went to the bathroom and changed. I was wondering who were these people who got me flowers. Also, I was thinking of my fight with Orochimaru. Why am I so weak? I couldn't defend myself? Will I ever beat him? Will I succeed in taking revenge from him?

Orochimaru's POV

I was talking to Kabuto after we left Yumi and Sara.

"Well, I think that the sneak attack didn't work on Yumi. The direct approach will be better." I said.

"Of course, at the second level of the Chunin Exam; the forest of Death, right?" Kabuto asked.

"That's right. You guess well Kabuto and also, a boy on her team called Sasuke Uchiha. He has potential as Yumi just as much. So, I want you to gather information on both Yumi and Sasuke." I told him.

"You want them both? Sounds like they're really good." He said.

"You're still my right hand man, Kabuto. They are good. And they will both be mine." I said as I stuck out my tongue.

"Yes. I will." Kabuto said.

To be continued.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Stay tuned for Chapter 10.

Byez!