One Night Stands

This Is Halloween This is Halloween

Halloween.

The Best and most amazing holiday in history. Too bad this year would not be so amazing. Why you ask?

Because Dan wasn't hear to sit on my front porch with me, while we told each other ghost stories Like we had done since we were in middle school and had decided we were too old to trick-or-treat anymore.

But this year Dan had decided to go to a Halloween party instead that I had no been invited to.

Loser.

If only he knew exactly how much he meant to me. I had like him since we were in 7th grade, but I had never told him.

I didn't only look forward to Halloween because I loved candy or seeing all the different costumes. I also looked forward to it because I spent I always got to spend it with Dan. But not this year, oh no. Dan wanted to go to that party.

So I got to sit by myself on my porch passing out candy to kids.

Oh Joy.

"Your dad and I will be back late" My mom said walking past me as I sat on the porch in my chair.

"I know mom, you guys go out Every Halloween" I said boredly throwing a piece of candy at the sidewalk.

"Don't stay up to late with Dan" she added smiling.

"I'm 17 mom." I said giving her a 'don't treat me like a little kid look'

"Where is Dan?" she asked ignoring my pointing out how old I was.

"He decided to go to a Halloween party" I said throwing another piece of candy.

"Why did you go with him?" my dad asked confused.

"I wasn't invited" I said getting annoyed as I threw yet another piece of candy.

"I'm sorry honey" my mom said watching me as I picked up another piece of candy out of the bowl "Stop throwing the candy on the ground" she added.

"Fine" I muttered putting the candy back in the bowl.

"Have fun Cassie" my mom called waving as her and my dad drove away.

I pulled a piece of paper and a pencil out of my back pocket and wrote a note asking kids to only take one piece of candy, left it by the bowl on my chair and went inside the house. It wasn't as much fun passing out candy without Dan there to make me laugh.

I turned on the Tv, put in Sleep Hollow and laid down on my couch. But I doubted I would even be able to enjoy Sleepy Hollow, which was one of my favorite movies, without Dan. We always watched it together on Halloween.

But I soon fell asleep.

"Casssssie"

I yawned and opened my eyes. I could see the end credits to Sleep Hollow playing on my TV.

"Cassssssie" a voice said creepily. I sat up instantly on the couch.

"Hello?" I asked looking around my living room.

"Caaaassssssie" the voice said again. By now I was really creeped out.

"W-who's there?" I asked standing up and walking toward the only door that lead to the living room. I opened the door and didn't see anything.

"Hello?" I asked again.

"Boo!" Dan yelled jumping out in front of me. To my surprise he wasn't in a costume.

"Holy crap Dan!" I yelled hitting his arm. "That wasn't funny!"

"Whoa, what's your problem?" he asked looking confused.

"You! How the heck did you get in my house?" I asked annoyed.

He held up a key "I have known you since we were in preschool Cassie. I know where you keep hiding key" he said smiling.

I rolled my eyes and walked past him and and into the kitchen.

"Why aren't you at your Halloween party?" I asked bitterly opening the fridge and grabbing a monster.

"It wasn't as much fun without you" he said smiling.

"Really?" I asked looking at him and smiling for the first time all day.

"Really" he answered still smiling. "Common, lets go watch Sleep Hollow" he added.

"I kinda already watched it" I said grabbing another monster out of my fridge and tossing it to him.

"Without me?" Dan asked looking offended.

"Well, you did go to a party instead of spending Halloween with me" I said looking at my shoes.

"I wish I had spent it with you" he said softly walking over to me.

"Huh?" I asked not sure I had heard him right.

"I like you a lot Cassie" he continued.

Again I asked "Huh?"

The next thing I knew Dan had pressed him lips to mine in a sweet, soft kiss. I stared at him shocked for a moment.

He rubbed the back of his neck "I guess I'll just go" he said and turned to leave but I grabbed his hand and stopped him. He looked at me confused.

"I really like you too" I said smiling "I have since we were in 7th grade."

Dan smiled and wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close "Movie?"

"Nightmare Before Christmas?" I asked smiling.

"Sure" he answered and kissed me again.

On Second Thought

Best Halloween Ever!