One Night Stands

Don't Turn My Heart To Stone

"I Love You" he whispered seductively in my ear.

I rolled my eyes. he always did stuff like this. Every time he came back from tour.

It was always:

I Love You

I Missed You

I couldn't stop thinking about you while I was gone

Or some other lame line.

Anything to get me out of my cloths and into a bed with him. That was Alex for you. But I was still in love with him for some reason I had no idea of.

I had known Alex since we were kids. I had been 7 when we first laid eyes on each other. He had the same amazing brown eyes even then he could anyone's attention with them.

Over the years we went from friends to best friends to Boy friend and Girl friend.

It wasn't until his band got signed and he kept leaving for tour did Alex start pulling stuff like this.

"Alex" I wined pushing him away.

"Danielle what's wrong?" he asked confused.

"Just stop okay" I said standing up and walking into the kitchen of my apartment.

"But I'm leaving tomorrow and I wont see you for another 2 or 3 months" he said pouting.

"Exactly" I said bitterly. "You'll be gone tomorrow. You always come to visit just long enough to get me into bed and then you leave again"

"Danielle" he said softly wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Alex I'm serious." I snapped.

"Danielle" he said again this time sounding hurt.

I sighed and turned and looked at him. "I'm sorry. I'm just sick of you always leaving. I feel like I'm nothing but a quick fuck and leave" I said sadly not looking at him.

He cupped my face in his hands. "Danielle your so much more than that." he said looking into my eyes. "I love you"

"You always say that" I said sadly.

"And I mean it."

"I'm not so sure you do Alex" I said walking past him and back into the living room.

"What do I have to do to prove it to you?" he asked following me.

I sighed "I don't know. Just please leave Alex. I'll see you tomorrow"

"But I'm leaving tomorrow" he said looking sad.

"Then I guess I'll see you in a couple months" I said simply and walked him to the door.

"Bye Alex" I said shutting the door behind him.

I walked over and sat back down on the couch, where we had been watching The Nightmare Before Christmas.

"That boy drives me crazy" I mumbled to myself. I laid down on the couch and started watching the movie again. I soon fell asleep.

I Woke up a couple hours later to someone singing.

Front page of the magazine said,
"Don't believe a word you read, I'm just telling lies - Just telling lies..."
Fall short this time of goals you rose to meet that night,
Don't worry yourselves - worry yourselves,
We can carry ourselves - carry ourselves..


"What in the world?" I asked standing up and walking over to my window. I opened it and looked out to see Alex standing there covered in Christmas light and along with my front yard.

He was still singing.

How does it feel to wake up knowing that you're playing on something
that could have been nothing but a sad, sad song,
about a group of kids who lost it all to the great, big city?
Are we both crazy?
Or are we searching for more than life behind the same four walls...
Pour me another drink I'll commit myself to it and lose track of reason to believe in nothing.
I know this is ridiculous,
that's just like me...
Make the most of living while you're young and have the chance to take your chances...


In Christmas lights on my front yard was Spelled the words:

I FUCKING LOVE DANIELLE DESANTIS

With a Giant heart under it.

'Cause I've got to, I've got to go...
Don't be afraid I've got your back when times get rough and bring you down...
Maybe you don't understand we've got to take this or break this off,
it's all up to us and you better believe...
We're just so crazy,
we're all just searching for more than this life behind the same four walls.
Pour me another drink, I'll commit myself to it and lose track of reason to believe in nothing.
I know this is ridiculous,
that's just like me...


He had noticed my by now and was smirking as he kept singing and motioned for me to come downstairs and outside. I closed the window and headed outside.

Make the most of living while you're young and have the chance to take your chances...

I opened my front door and stepped outside.

'Cause I've got to, I've got to go...
I know this is ridiculous,
that's just like me...
Make the most of living while you're young and have the chance to take your chances..


"Alex Gaskarth are you crazy?" I asked smiling as he finished the song.

He dropped the microphone and tried to walk toward me but he was caught up in the Christmas lights. I couldn't help but laugh at him as he tried to get untangled.

He finally did and walked over and hugged me "The only thing that I am crazy about is you Danielle. I'm sorry I act like I don't care. But I really do. I Love You." he whispered in my ear.

"I love you too Alex" I said smiling.

"And you are coming on tour with me and the guys tomorrow" he added smiling.

"I'm what?" I asked surprised.

He laced his fingers with mine "Your Coming on tour with me and All Time Low. I'm sick of leaving you behind" he said smiling a placed a sweet kiss on my lips.

"Now do you believe that I love you?" he asked.

"ya, I think I do" I said and kissed him.