One Night Stands

Should I Stay Or Should I Go

Image

Suicide.

It was my only option. I had it all planed out. When and where, how. It's not like anyone would miss me anyway. Jacob had broken up with me two months ago and my parents had died in a car crash not even a week ago. No one would miss me. Well that wasn't completely true. There was someone.

His name was Adam.

Adam T. Siska

But everyone called him Sisky. I had known him since preschool when he stopped some guy from picking on me. Ever since then we had been best friends. He had been there for me when Jacob had broken my heart. But he wasn't here now. He was on tour with his band The Academy Is...

I couldn't take it anymore. I missed my parents too much. It wasn't fair that they had been taken from me. All because the driver who had hit them had, had too much to drink that night.
I sat on the floor of my apartment starring at a picture of my parents. I needed to be with them. I picked up the bottle of sleeping pills and started swallowing them. I had just taken the last one when a heard a loud knock on my apartment door.

"Hannah! Open up!"

That was Sisky's voice, but the pills were starting to take affect and I was having trouble thinking right.

"Hannah!" he called again. "Where is that damn spare key?" I heard him ask himself. The door to my apartment opened and Sisky rushed in and stop as soon as he saw me laying there on the floor.

"Hannah! What did you do!" he asked running to my side.

"I miss them Adam" I said softly.

"What did you do?" he asked again. Then he saw the empty bottle of pills on the ground next to me. Without saying anything he picked me up and ran out my front door. Soon everything went black.

I woke up in a hospital bed. Sisky was sitting next to my bed in a chair looking worried. I could hear the beep of a heart monitor.

"Sisky?" I asked softly. He looked up at me instantly.

"Oh My God Hannah! Thanks goodness your okay" he said hugging me. He let go and glared at me. "What the hell is wrong with you?" he asked harshly. "You almost died!"

"I miss them Sisky" I said softly.

"And you think I don't?" he asked "They were like my second parents Hannah. I know it hurts that you lost them, but how do you think I would feel if I lost you too?" he asked his eyes full of sorrow and concern. I looked away from him. I couldn't stand to see him so upset, it hurt almost as much as losing my parents.

"I'm sorry" I said softly.

"Just promise me you wont do it again. Please" I looked at him again. His eyes were pleading. Would losing me really hurt him that much?

"I promise"

He smiled sadly "And when you get out of here your going on tour with me and the guys."

"Really?" I asked.

"Really" he said still smiling with the same sad look in his eyes.

"I really am sorry Sisky" I said sadly.

"I know" he said hugging me "I'm just glad I didn't lose you. I don't know what I would of done if I had"