One Night Stands

I'll Steal The Diamond From Your Eyes

Image

Oli Sykes

He was the punk rock kid who all the girls loved and want to be with. The one with all the coolest friends.

And I Jade Mcguire would never be one of the girls to get him. I was the girl who would never have a chance with him. I was one of those girl who you would say were 'preppy' with a jock boyfriend. In my mothers eyes I was perfect. Oli probably thought I was some fake Barbie doll. In a way he would be right. This wasn't the real me. The real me listened to screamo, Rock and Metal when her friends weren't around. The real me hated Pink and wanted to wear black. The real me hated the ugly shoes my mother bought for me and wanted high tops converse instead. The real me loved guys who wore eyeliner, had black hair and had snake bites.

Yet still everyday when I got ready for school I wore pink or some other color like light colored greens, blues, etc. Today was no different. I woke up, took a shower got dressed in a pink t-shirt that fit tight against my flat stomach, Blue jeans and pink flip flops. I looked at myself in disgust in the mirror before grabbing my bag and walking out the front door.

My boyfriend Jeremy, quarter back and loved by all, was waiting in his car for me. He was handsome and had short blond hair, but was way too full of himself. His only redeeming feature were his blue eyes.

"Morning babe" he said smiling as I got into the car.

Babe.

Yuck I hated being called that. Babe was the name of a pig and I hope my boyfriend didn't think I was a pig. That was on the list of little things that drove me crazy about Jeremy, that and the fact that he treated me like I was some kind of a trophy.

"Morning" I replied.

"Looks like you need to re bleach your hair" he commented. He was right, my natural black hair was starting to show at the roots.

"I was actually thinking about letting the blond grow out and keep my black hair" I told him looking out the window as we drove to school.

"You'll look like one of those rock losers if you let your hair stay Black" he told me not looking at me. "You had better re bleach it"

Jerk.

I missed my black hair, it had been my only trait I had gotten from my dad, who had died when I was 10.

"My dad had Black hair" I said glaring at Jeremy.

"You know I didn't mean it like that Babe" he said looking at me as we pulled into the school parking lot.

Babe.

There was that stupid pet name again. I had a real name you know. It was Jade and I just so happened to like Jade.

"Ya, whatever" I said getting out of the car and walking toward my first class. As I was walking I noticed Oli talking to his fiend Matt, but of course he didn't notice me.

Like Always.

Oil's POV:

Oli Sykes.

That's me. I had everything I needed. Parents who loved me. Friends who were always there for me. I was in an awesome band. There as just one thing missing.

Her name was Jade.

Jade Mcguire.

But she would never give me the time of day. She already had a boyfriend. Quarter back to be exact. What would she want a guy like me for? I lay on my bed staring at my ceiling when my dad knocked on my door.

"Oli time for school"

"Kay, Thanks dad" I called back getting up and grabbing my bag. I grabbed a piece of toast on my way out the door and walked to school.

"Oli!" my friend Matt called running over to me as I reached the school.

"Hey Matt. What's up?" I asked.

Matt and I had been friends for a long time. He played bass in the band I was in called Bring Me The Horizon.

"We have band practice tonight right? Because..."

I didn't heard much of what he said after that, because at that minute I saw Jade walk by. I noticed the black at the roots of her hair. I wondered what she would look like if she let her black hair grow back out. She would probably be even more gorgeous if even possible. Then I noticed she looked upset about something. I was about to stop her and ask her what was wrong, but that's when her stupid boyfriend came running up to her. I stopped before I even moved and inch.

"Oli! Are you listening to me?" Matt asked waving his hand in front of my face.

"What?" I asked surprised.

"Your hopeless" Matt said shaking his head and walking off.

Ya, I suppose I was. Just as hopeless as it was for me to even try to talk to Jade, I wasn't her type.

She probably didn't even notice I existed.

Jade's POV:

"Jeremy! Leave him alone!' I yelled storming over to Jeremy and the boy who I recognized as one of Oli's friends, Curtis Ward.

Jeremy had him by the collar of his shirt and looked like he was about to punch him.

"Not now, Babe, I'll see you later after I am done dealing with this punk" Jeremy said not looking at me.

"Jeremy let go of him Now" I demanded.

"Why do you care Jade? He just some stupid punk"

"He's a person you Jackass" I snapped at Jeremy.

Jeremy looked at me shocked and let go of Curtis.

"Are you okay?" I asked Curtis who looked just as shocked as Jeremy.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine" he said looking confused and took off.

"What The Fuck is wrong with you Jade?" Jeremy asked glareing at me.

"Your what's wrong with me! Your such a jerk!" I snapped.

"You don't talk to me like that" Jeremy said grabbing a hold of my arm.

"Jeremy let go. That hurts" I said pulling my arm from his grasp. I could already see a bruise forming where his hand had been.

Jeremy sighed "Jade I'm sorry it's just-"

"Yeah, your always sorry" I said glaring at him. "I'm so sick of your sorrys. It's over Jeremy, I never want to see you again" I snapped and walked off.

Oli's POV:

I had just been walking over to Jeremy to tell him leave Curtis alone when I heard Jade yelling.

"Jeremy! Leave him alone!"

I watched as the couple started to argue. When Jeremy grabbed Jade's arm like that I felt my blood start to boil. How dare he treat her like that.

Then I heard her say something I had wanted to hear her say for months "It's over Jeremy, I never want to see you again"

I stood there shocked as she walked away from Jeremy and off school grounds.

I followed her. I wanted to make sure she was okay. I found her sitting in a park on a bench crying.

"Jade? Are you okay?" I asked walking closer.

She looked up surprised. "Oli?" she asked "How do you know my name?" she added confused.

"I could ask you the same thing" I said equally confused as I sat down next to her.

"Everyone know your name, your in that band Bring Me The Horizon" she said wiping tears from her eyes. "How do you know my name?" she added looking at me.

"You are or were the Quarter back's girlfriend, not to mention your gorgeous. Who wouldn't know your name?" Did I really just say that?

She smiled weakly at me.

"Your sweet"

I shrugged "I try"

Jade's POV:

"Your sweet" I said smiling.

"I try" he said shrugging.

"You know. I always thought you never even noticed me" I said looking at him again.

"I didn't think you even knew I existed" he said looking at me funny.

I moved a little closer to him. "It be very hard not to know you existed. Your to perfect not to notice around school"

He smiled at me and placed his hand on the back of my neck and kissed me softly.

"I really like you Jade." he said resting his forehead against mine. "I have for a while now."

I smiled and kissed him again. "I like you too"