One Night Stands

Losing Controll

Image

He leaned in to kiss me. But right as his lips were about to touch mine I stopped him.

"I'm sorry James I can't" I said looking at the stone steps of my porch.

"It's okay" he said sadly. "Any chance for a second date?" he asked hopeful.

"I had lots of fun and all But I don't think so." I said not looking at him "It's just..."

"David?"

I looked up at James. "Ya"

"I understand" he said hugging me. "If you change your mind about that second date. Give me a call" he added before walking back to his car.

That had been the most recent in the long line of first dates I had had since David left. It was always the same. Some guy would ask me out, I would agree, go out with him once and never call him back and Never let them kiss me. The last person who had kissed me was David two years ago, right before he left taking my heart with him.

When I first met David we had been in Math class our senior year. He had been trying to throw a ball of paper at his friend but hit me instead. I had instantly fallen in love with his apologetic smile. Even then his life was all about Music. I should of listened to him when he said Music was his one true love. Then, I would have realized there was no place in his heart for me. After asking me out two months after we met, dating the rest of our senior year and then 6 months after graduation, he left me for his band. Once they got signed I just wasn't important enough anymore.

I walked back into my apartment and sat down on my couch, not turning on any lights so it was still pitch black and I was unable to see. I started thinking about the day David had left.

"Katie, I love you" he had whispered in my ear.

"No you don't! If you loved me you wouldn't be breaking up with me and leaving" I said crying.

"Me leaving would just be that much harder for you if I didn't break up with you before I felt" he said sadly.

"Then don't leave" I begged more than said as I laced my fingers with his.

"Katie, the band..."

"I guess you weren't lying when you told me Music was your one true love when we first met?" I asked removing my hands from his and looking at the floor.

"Katie don't be like that"

"Be like what?" I asked still crying "Your leaving me for your band. You could just take me with you, ya know"

He sighed "Your in collage Katie, I can't just take you away from all that."

"You could if you really did love me"

He had laced his fingers with mine again and pushed me up against the side of the very bus that would be taking him away from me soon, his body pressed close against mine. "Say what you want but you know I love you and you'll miss me as much as I'll miss you. Go ahead and date however many guys you want while I'm gone, But remember your heart belongs to me and no one, No One is allowed to kiss you but me" he said softly and kissed me, sending electric shocks running through my boy and causing my head to spin. Soon after he left, leaving me crying.


Two years. That had been two years ago and I missed David more and more everyday. I couldn't get him out of my head. I was still sitting on my couch in the dark when I felt someone wrap their arms around my waist and pull me close to them. I would have screamed but I recognized the voice that purred in my ear "I Missed You"

"David?" I asked surprised. I still couldn't see.

"Mmhmm" he said nuzzling his face into my neck. "Who was that guy?" he asked.

"James" I said softly.

"Did he kiss you?" David asked, I could feel him frowning into my neck.

"No" I smiling slightly to myself. I was sure if I couldn't see, neither could he.

"Has anyone else?" David asked his face still buried in my neck.

"No" I answered again.

I felt him smiling "Good" he said softly and kissed me. I had forgotten what an amazing kisser he was.

"I missed you" he said softly. I turned on the light by my couch. I wanted to see those blue eyes of his I had missed so much. As soon as the light was on I could see a longing tint to his eyes.

"I missed you too" I said and kissed him again. "But your gonna leave me again aren't you?" I asked sadly.

"No"

I looked at his surprised. "Really?"

"Being away from you for two years killed me Katie. I missed you too much. I Love You" he said and hugged me tight.

"I Love You Too" I said smiling.

For the first time in Two years, I was Happy.