One Night Stands

Give Me Something Please Just Give Me Anything

"I Hate You Pat!"

"No, Skyler I Hate You!" he yelled, he knew I hated being called by my full name. I went by Sky.

"Get Out of My Face" I yelled back at him.

"Get Out of My House!"

"Fine!" I stormed out of his room, downstairs and out the front door. I got in my car and left.

We always seemed to be fighting now a days and we use to be so close. Back when we were kids everything was so much simpler. He didn't have his band. I didn't have my writing. He didn't have a girlfriend for me to hate. I didn't have a boyfriend for him to hate. We were just friends.

We had been friends since preschool when some guy stole my Animal crackers and Pat shared his with me.

I smiled at the memory as I drove toward the store. I always did this when we got in fights. Drove to the store bought Chips, Cheese Sauce, and Salsa. Then I drove home and watch 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' until he called me or I called him and we made-up.

Pat was really mad at me this time tough. We were arguing over his X-girlfriend Melissa, this time. He thought he should forgive her and take her back. I thought she was a no good whore for cheating on him. I told him that and he got mad.
Any of my other friends I would of let them be idiots. Maybe they would learn their lesson.

But not Pat. I couldn't stand to see him get hurt.

We had been friends since preschool.

I had liked him since Middle School.

I Had been in Love with him since in high school.

But I had never told him that. I doubt I ever would.
He was always chasing after some other girl. I was just his best friend. That's all I ever would be.

I walked into the store, bought my chips and salsa, then got back in my car. I looked at my Cell Phone.

One Missed Call

It was from Pat.

I thought about for a moment, I started my car but didn't call him back. I was really rather sick of us fighting. Him saying he was sorry and then asking me for advice about some girl he liked. He never did tell me who she was. But it was always the same.

He really liked her, but didn't know if she liked him, Etc. It was really getting old. When I was about halfway home my cell phone started ringing.

your running through my veins
you fell like a freight train
I'm trying everything to keep my hands off of you
so give me something please just give me anything because I want you more than they do.


It was Pat again. I rolled my eyes and ignored my phone. I did Not want to talk to him right now.

I decided not to head straight home. I stopped at the park me and Pat use to hang out at when we were little. I walked over and sat on the swing. This is the park where Pat kissed me once. When we were in about 5th grade. Some girl had been teasing me because I had never kissed anyone before. So at recess Pat had kissed me right in front of her so she would stop teasing me. That was the only time Pat had ever kissed, unfortunately.

My Cell Phone started to ring again.

your running through my veins
you fell like a freight train
I'm trying everything to keep my hands off of you
so give me something please just give me anything because I want you more than they do.


I really wish he would stop calling. Didn't he get that I wasn't going to answer? I hit ignore and put my phone back in my pocket. I sighed and stood up.

"I had better get home" I said to myself and walked back to my car.

When I got home I noticed my door was unlocked. I must have forgotten to lock it before I left. I looked at my answering machine.

5 messages

They were all from Pat. I rolled my eyes and sat on mu couch without turning any lights on.

"Jerk" I mumbled.

"Well Thanks A Lot" a voice beside me said, as arms wrapped themselves around my waist.

"Holy Shit" I said standing up shocked. I turned on the lamp on the table beside my couch.

"Pat!" I said glaring at him. "What are you doing here?"

"You wouldn't answer your phones" he said shrugging.

"So you broke into my house?" I asked annoyed.

"Sky, You gave me your spare key incase you locked yourself out" he said dully.

"Oh" I said surprised. I had forgotten that. "What do you want Pat?"

"I want to say I'm sorry for getting mad at you. Your right about Melissa" he said looking at his shoes.

I faked a surprised gasp "Pat Kirch is admitting he was wrong. Call the news!" I said laughing.

"Haha very funny" he said rolling his eyes. "And I need your advice"

Oh God not again.

"If it is about that one girl again. i do not want to hear about it Pat. Just grab her, Kiss her and tell her you like her. Okay" I said and turned to walk into my kitchen but the next think I knew Pat grabbed my hand and made me face him again.

"You know what?" he asked smiling.

"What?"

"I think I'll take your advice" he said and kissed me. I couldn't help myself I kissed back.

"I didn't say kiss me" I said smiling.

"Your the girl I am I always asking for advice about" he said smiling.

"But you said she-"

"Was a close friend, Is always getting upset at me, I am in love with but don't know how she feels about me. Sky, I was talking about you the whole time" he said smiling.

I pressed my lips against his again, pulled away and smiled at him "I have loved you since we were in High school Pat"

He kissed me again.

"I Love you Sky" he said softly.

"I love you too" I said smiling as he kissed me once again.