Status: On Hiatus

Unholy Confessions

Dinner at the Sullivan's

Dinner was already done so we made our way into the dinning room. I sat between Brian on my left and Scott on my right. Janet was on Scott’s right, then Mr. Sullivan, Mrs. Sullivan, Jimmy, and Matt ending on Brians left. The food smelled great. Ham and mashed potatoes, my favorite. We also had corn, salad, and rolls. Everyone made small talk while they dug in. Half way through dinner Mr. Sullivan asked, “So how old are you Rainy?”

“I’m 16.”

“So you’re a junior in school then?” he asked.

“Yes”

“When will you be starting school?” Mrs. Sullivan asked.

“Um…” I looked to Janet cause I had no idea when I was starting school.

“She’ll be starting Monday.” Janet said.

“What! Monday? I don’t get time to settle in first? That’s bull.” I replied to her.

“You’ll have tomorrow to settle in. that’s plenty of time.” She said.

“No it’s not. I don’t even have the rest of my stuff yet.” I retaliated.

“You listen to your mom, you’re starting Monday and that’s final.” Scoot injected.

“She isn’t my mom, she’s just the woman who gave birth to me.” I said to him.

“She loves you.” He replied.

“The hell she does.“ I scoffed.

“So where are you from?” Mr. Sullivan asked trying to steer the conversation.

“Pennsylvania.” I replied.
“Wow. That’s a long way away. I bet it was hard leaving your home?” Mrs. Sullivan asked.

“Yeah. I wish I was still there. It sucks that I had to move in with them.” I said nodding towards Janet and Scott.

“You should be grateful.” Janet said.

“Grateful? Why should I be grateful?”

“She has taken you in. Given you a home.” Scott started but I interrupted him.

“You make it sound like I’m some stray animal you found in the park. That I had no where else to go and came here begging her to let me stay here. I could have gone to live with my uncle, but no, she wants me to live here cause she thinks she’s going to get her grubby, gold-digging hands on my dads money. Well I got news for you ‘mother’. I tried putting as much emphasis on the word mother. “you aren’t getting a dime of my dads money.“ I finished. I was starting to get pissed off and I really wanted to punch Janet in the face. The whole room went dead quiet.

“I think we should go.” Scott said standing up. “Thanks for dinner Mary it was great.” Janet was staring at me and if looks could kill, I’d be six feet under right now.

“Come on Lorraine.” Scott said.

“No. I want to stay and finish. I don’t want to be impolite and waste Mrs. Sullivan’s food.” I said looking at Mrs. Sullivan.

“It’s okay Scott, she can stay if she wants to.” Mrs. Sullivan said flashing me a smile.

“Fine.” He said following Janet out. When we heard the front door close everyone looked at me.

“Sorry about that. I just got a little worked up.” I said feeling guilty for blowing up like that.

“That’s quit alright dear. It happens to the best of us.” Mr. Sullivan said.

“And that was funny. You put her in her place. Did you see how pissed she got? Ha ha.” Jimmy said laughing and soon everyone was laughing, me included. When everyone was settled I said,” By the way Mrs. Sullivan, this food is awesome. Ham is my favorite.”

“Why thank you sweetie. It’s Jimmy’s favorite also. And please none of this Mrs. or Mr. Sullivan. Call us Mary and Walt.” She said.

“Okay. And your welcome.”

We sat around talking and laughing till we were all done dinner and desert, which was ice cream, yea. After dinner I still didn’t want to leave so me and the boys went up to Jimmy’s room and hung out. His room was cool. The walls were black with band posters all over them. Clothes were all over the place. It was a typical teenage boys room. We talked and listened to music.

I asked about the school. They said there are a lot of jocks and preps. Yea can’t wait! Now I get to see what California preps are like. Their friend Johnny came over. He’s little and it’s cute. He is 15 years old and has his nose pierced and has a tattoo on his arm. He has his hair done in a blue Mohawk. It’s so freaking awesome.

They told me that they along with their other friend Zacky, were in a band. That was cool. They said they have a practice tomorrow and that I can watch. They said that Zack was 16 and has his septum pierced and he also had snakebites. They say that he likes to die his hair different colors and right now he has black hair with red patches in it.

“Wow, you have a perfect view of my bedroom. I’m gonna have to keep my curtains closed at all times I guess.” I said to Jimmy when I looked out his window.

After like four hours the guys left but I didn’t. I stayed for about another hour. Jimmy and me talked and asked each other questions. Things like favorite color, movie, band, etc. It was when I started getting tired that I decided to leave. Jimmy walked me to the door. He said he would come over tomorrow to get me and we would walk to Matt’s so I can watch them play.

‘Maybe living here won’t be to bad after all.’ I thought as I walked in the house. Just as I started up the stair to go to bed, Scott stopped me.

“What the fuck?” he yelled. “How dare you disrespect your mother like that? You had no right.”

“I had no right? Tell me, how can I have respect for her? Huh? How? She up and leaves me and my dad and never gave a second thought about me.” I yelled back.

“If she hadn’t taken you in.” he started but I interrupted him for the second time that night.

“If it’s wasn’t for her I would be back in Pennsylvania with all my friends and family. Like I said, the only reason why she’s ‘taken me in’ is because she want’s my dads money. Which she isn’t getting. You think I wanted to come here? Well I didn’t, but I had no choice.“ I said in one breath. It was silent for a few seconds then I said, “I’m going to bed.“ And I walked to my room and didn’t even bother changing, just fell on my bed and went to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so it's been awhile since I updated this. I finally decided to all because of luvA7X. So luvA7x this ones for you. Thanks for commenting.

<3 L.