Sequel: The Moonless Dark

How I Became A Werewolf Bodyguard

Where Are We Going?

Jeez. That was the one word that summed up Thraxx. If I'd Thought Solomon was impressive, I've just laid eyes on the daddy Wolf. He was huge. Curly brown hair fell slightly into eyes of a deep green color. The pull of him was as strong as the current in the rapids and I was drowning fast.

Thraxx entered the room meeting everyone's eyes, watching them fall one by one. Except mine. I didn't drop mine. Even though a part of me did want to but that just fueled my stubbornness even more, causing me to glare at him.

"Who is that?" Thraxx asked, pointing at me. His tone suggested to me that if he were in his Wolf form his hackles would be raised. His voice was deep, though not deep enough to be raspy.

"A new employee, just got hired this morning." Solomon hedged.

Thraxx looked away from my stare, not submission merely dismissive, to look at Solomon. I could tell he knew that Solomon was hedging but left him alone, only to look back at me.

"Not even here a whole day and already been in a fight." He shook his head.

I growled at that. It wasn't my fault Jax was a jerk.

Thraxx turned narrowed eyes to mine and growled in return as he advanced on me. His nostrils flared and I could see it in his eyes the moment he caught my scent. His growl choked in his throat, his eyes widened, and he tripped over himself trying to come to a stop. He turned back to Solomon.

"A female?"

with down cast eyes Solomon nodded his head.

"Tell me everything you know." Thraxx demanded.

Solomon swallowed. I didn't like the effect Thraxx had on Solomon. He was a sweetie. So, deciding to do something about it, I walked to Solomon and stood in front of him. Right between Thraxx and him. All eyes were on me once again.

"Go on." Thraxx pushed.

"Edgar brought her here this morning. He instructed me to take her back to her apartment and help her pack her stuff and bring her back here. Told me I was to put her in the room beside Vaunders. She's to be his . . bodyguard." He finished timidly.

That sent a low mumble throughout the room.

Slowly, Thraxx eyes looked down and into mine with a new heat in them. We stood there staring at each other for what seemed like hours. The air thick with the tension between us and all the Wolves looking on.

"Come." Was all he said before he turned and exited out the door.

I looked at Solomon to see what he thought. After all Edgar had put him in charge of me getting settled in. He met my eyes, smiled at me briefly before he started towards the door. I glanced at everyone left in the room one last time before turning and following, wondering where we were going.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I wasn't going to post tonight but I was persuaded. Even though my computer was being weird and wouldn't let me paste this chapter in so I just retyped that right now.
Sorry it's shorter than usual, the next one will be longer.