I'll Never Run Away

Part Two

"Hello?"

"C'mon, Taige. You were already supposed to be here, like, five minutes ago."

"Damn. I'll be right there.

"Someone's coming to pick you up. Be at the back entrance of the hotel. Grey 'Stang, tinted windows."

"Why are you whispering, Cory?"

"Fans."

"Ah. Alright. I'll be there soon."

"Okay. See ya."

I hung up and dressed quickly in a pair of lime green shorts and an Elmo tank-top. Finally, I pulled my black painter's cap over my brown hair and slid my feet into a pair of flats. I grabbed my purse and cell phone, and ran down to the read doors. A silver car sat idling in the parking lot and completely matched Cory's description. I lifted up the handle and slid into the passenger seat.

"Put these on."

"Uh, hi, Trace."

"Hey, Taige. Sleep late?"

"One, obviously. Two, my alarm didn't go off. It never does."

He laughed as I placed the sunglasses on, and he pulled out of the parking lot. I could see girls straining to see who the driver was, but he sped past before they could catch a glimpse. I reached over to start the CD player and was shocked by the song that played.

"'Shake It?'"

"Honey, I'm Trace Cyrus, vocalist and guitarist for Metro Station."

"No frickin' way."

"Yeah."

"Whoa."

"Didn't know that?"

"Not at all. I thought Cory was talking about Mason's shirt."

"Wow. Yeah. Mason Musso, Blake Healy, and Anthony Improgo are in the band. Bl---"

"Excuse me? Who did you say?"

"Mason, Black, and Anthony."

"Did you say Anthony Improgo?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"That frickin'...what...you...god fricking bless it. You're kidding, right?"

"Um, no. Why?"

"I have..past history with Anthony. Does he still go by Ant?"

"Yeah."

"Thanks for coming to pick me up."

"You're welcome. But do you mind explaining what that freak-out in my car was?"

"Long story that I have no time to explain. I'm late as is."

"Okay. Tell me later."

"Sure, sure. Whatever. Hey, Miley, Mr. --- er, Billy Ray."

"Morning, Taige. Alarm clock still hate you?"

"Like normal. Um, what are we doing today?"

I re-read my script one last time, praying this version was final. Right before I stepped in front of the cameras, I slid into my character: Taige, the rock-star who was Hannah Montana's idol.