Slip Into The Tragedy.

Chapter Nine

Image

“Lex” Mikey said, leaning against the locker beside me.

“Yeah?” I said distractedly, while I rummaged inside my locker for my notebook.

“You okay?” He asked, looking at me worriedly.

“I’m fine, Mikes. For the thousandth time, I’m fine.” I said irritably

He’s been asking me that since he chased after me, and its driving me freaking crazy.

“It’s just that I think it’s better to just ignore his teasing and stuff now, right? I mean, it’s totally saving energy if I just completely ignore him.” I said, firmly. “Right, Mikes?”

But this time, I didn’t get my dear brother’s undivided attention. He was staring at someone over my shoulder. I whipped around to see who is behind me and found a girl getting books out of her locker just down the hall, Mikey was practically drooling at the sight of her. Her name is Alicia Simmons, and she was in my English and history class. I’ve known that Mikey liked her since ever but never told anyone or confronted him about it. But now I decide that it’s finally time for action.

I smirked over at Mikey.

“So that’s what you’re paying attention to, huh Mikey?” I drawled, smirking. “Her rather than your dear sister?”

“Uhm, well I..” Mikey began, looking down and seemed to be so absorbed by his sneakers.

“Mikey, I’m like a sister to you” I said, emphasizing on the word and lowering my voice considerably. No one except Mikey, Gerard and my second parents (aka. Mikey and Gerard’s parents) know that I’m not actually their sister. “I’m supposed to be your twin sister, and I’m supposed to know exactly what you’re thinking right now”

“No – you – I don’t –” He spluttered

“You like her, don’t you?” I asked teasingly.

“Well – I –” Mikey began helplessly, and finally mumbled. “Yes”

“Now, being the considerate sister I am, I’m going to help you dear brother!” I announced happily.

And without waiting to hear his response, I strode down the hall and tapped her on the shoulder.

“Hi” I said brightly, “Alicia, right?”

“Yeah” She said, slightly confused. “You’re Alex from English class right?”

“Yeah, and History” I said, smiling. She is really nice.

“Soooo, what’s up?” She asked,

“Well, it’s me and my twin brothers birthday, and we’re going to have a party tonight. We were wondering if you could come” I asked, gesturing to Mikey that was still standing around my locker and looking at his shoes.

“Really?” She asked, smiling hugely. “I don’t know too many people in here”

I forgot to mention that Alicia just moved to Belleville from Missouri this summer, so she haven’t got any friends or anything. From what I could make out she’s really quiet.

“That’s exactly why you should come, I can introduce you to lots of cool people” I answered, and I gave her my address.

“Thanks a lot,” She said smiling gratefully. “Since I moved here people haven’t been exactly friendly to me. You’re the first one actually”

“No problem, glad to help”

“So what time does the party start?”

“People would probably start coming at seven,” I said, then an idea popped into my mind. “But how about you come right after school? We can hang out for a bit, and maybe get ready together”

“Sure,” She said, beaming now. “I’ll just have to ask my parents”

“Awesome.” I said, beaming too. “So you like the Misfits, huh?”

“No shit! They’re awesome” She said laughing, and at that moment the bell rang. “Fuck we better get to class.”

“We got English next” I said, glad to have that class right now, she seems like a really cool girl. I’m not sure why I didn’t befriended her earlier.

“Oh cool,” She said, and slamming her locker shut. “It’s about time I met another Misfits lover!”

“Alicia, I feel this is a start of a beauuuutiful friendship” I said, giggling

“You betcha!” She said, also giggling

We both laughed as we made our way to our English class room.
_______________________________________________________________________

English flew by like a breeze, and all the time I was constantly thinking why didn’t I befriended this girl before? Alicia is totally awesome we have the same music style and everything. And what I notice is that she isn’t quiet at all, she is actually kind of talkative when she’s around people that actually talks to her. It’s sad that she didn’t have any friends here before me, and it’s even sadder that I never had girl friends before. All of my friends had always been the guys.

And faster than I thought it would be, it is already time for lunch. I just finished up my Calculus class and walked my way to my locker, Mrs. Vayne had just assigned the whole class a week’s worth of homework just for the weekend.

“Fucking prostitute” I mumbled under my breath

“What did I do now?” A sarcastically exasperated voice said from behind me

I turned around to see Alicia standing behind me with her hands folded in front of her chest and a smirk on her face. I groaned.

“I’m so happy that you’re glad to see me!” She said sarcasm dripping from every word.

“It’s not that Leesh,” I said, banging my head against my closed locker. “It’s that fucking prostitute Mrs. Vayne. She assigned us a fucking shit load of homework for the weekend.”

“Harsh” She said, raising one eyebrow. “I thank the lord that I got Mr. Cornell. He’s too damn nice for his own good.”

“Good for you, Leesh!” I said sarcastically and clapping her on the back

She laughed and we both walked down the hall towards the cafeteria. At the door however, she seemed hesitant to walk in.

“What?” I asked her

“Nothing” She said dismissively and strode into the cafeteria

We both grab trays and got food. Unlike most schools in this country our cafeteria food isn’t remotely disgusting. It’s kind of good actually, like today for example we got freshly cooked beef lasagnas.

Then after we filed our trays with food I started to walk to the back of the cafeteria where the guys are already sitting. Whoops, I’m sorry, the guys, an asshole and a slut already sat on. But beside me Alicia began to walk the other way towards the opposite end of the cafeteria.

“Leesh!” I said, pulling her arm

“What?” She said confused

“You’re sitting with us, ya douche!” I exclaimed incredulously.

“Really?” She asked doubtfully “I mean would they like me?”

“Fuck what?!” I yelled, causing a few people to stare at me. Alicia jumped slightly.

“I mean dude, you’re like my new favorite person!” I said, leading her to the table the guys are sitting at.

“Really?”

“Fuck totally”

“Well who is this lovely new piece of meat?” A voice asked from behind us

I turned around and saw Gerard’s face beaming back at me. His eyes just undoubtedly scanned over Alicia.

“Ugh” I groaned. “Leesh this is my older brother Gerard. Gee this is my new favorite person Alicia” I said gesturing to each of them.

“Hey, you single?” Gerard said, stretching his hand to shake Alicia’s while wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

“Gee, fuck off!” I said, and grabbing Alicia by the arm and forcing her down to the seat beside me

“Is he always like that?” Alicia whispered from beside me

“Normally,” I whispered back. “It just means he likes you”

“Oh, okay”

“Hey Lex” Ray said after finishing his deep conversation with Bob, undoubtedly arguing which is better, guitar or drums.

“Guys this is Alicia,” I said, gesturing to her as she waved. “Leesh this is Ray and Bob”

They said their hellos and I could already tell that instant friendships are about to be made. I didn’t even bothered to introduce her to Frank and Claire even though they were sitting right next to Ray and Bob. But as usual they were ‘busy’ if you know what I mean.

“Mikes, it’s about time you joined us!” Gerard’s voice shouted

I turned around to see Mikey standing awkwardly with his head down looking at his shoes, I can already see the blush creeping up his cheeks.
I smirked to myself, this boy is so whipped.

“Hey, Mikey. You know Alicia, right?” I said, barely containing my smugness

“Uh, yeah” Mikey said, glaring slightly at me.

I looked beside me to introduce Alicia to Mikey, but to my surprise Alicia’s face was also beat red, almost matching Mikey’s. I closed my mouth and looked back and forth between the two.

“Leesh?” I asked slowly

“What?” Alicia said, turning quickly to face me. “Oh yeah, I know Mikey, yeah, uh uh…”

“You’re blubbering” I whispered to her, as Mikey sat down the farthest away from both of us.

“blubbering?” She whispered back incredulously

“Dunno, it’s the first word that popped into my mind.” I shrugged. “But you were” I said, pointing an accusing finger at her.

“What does that even mean?” She asked curiously

“Stop trying to change the subject!” I said, "Are somewhat attracted to my dear brother?!”

“No I’m not!” She gasped.

At that exact moment, and I think without even knowing it, Alicia looked over at Mikey with a small smile playing at her lips and her cheeks blushing scarlet. And when she looked back at me, I saw Mikey raise his head and looked over at her, also with a small smile gracing his lips and his cheeks blushing scarlet. He looked back down and pretended he didn’t stare at her when his eyes met mine, his face redder as ever.

I sighed with a small smile on my face, looking at both of them pretending not to notice one another.

So damn cute.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey you guys :]

well this is officially the worst chapter that i have written so far :[
and probably im going to need a long time to write out the next chapter
so enjoy this one all you can :/

annd remember
comments make me smile :]
and write faster too :P

xx
claudia