The Wrong Jonas

Chapter 12

Pretty soon everyone was up and ready to go downstairs. It took us a while to wake Joe up, since he's such a deep sleeper.

He's so adorable when he's sleeping!

And you know what? I can actually say that now. Because I'm not dating Nick.

Ha!

When he was finally awake, he seemed a little out of it. He lazily got up off the floor and got dressed. Unfortunately, (actually to me it was a good thing.) he didn't realize we were still in the room. So he started undressing right in front of us. Told you he seemed out of it.

All throughout Brunch, I was smiling sheepishly. Kristen must have noticed because she was giving me odd looks from the other side of the table.

"What?" I finally mouthed to her.

She smiled and mouthed back a bunch of words that I couldn't put together. I squinted my eyes at her and gave her a confused look.

She rolled her eyes. "Kevin, can we please switch seats? I have to talk to Alyssa."

"Sure." Kevin and Kristen both got up and exchanged seats.

Once she settled herself with her plate, she turned to me. "I said, you look like you just won the lottery. You've been smiling the entire time."

My smile widened. "Well, I had a little talk with Nick this morning."

Kristen immediately went wide-eyed. "Spill!" I just laughed.

I told her everything. How he wasn't really upset, and that he knew all along, but he still liked me. Her facial expression didn't change at all. You could tell she was listening to everything I was saying very closely.

"Aw... he wants you to be happy!"

"Yeah, that was really nice of him. I still can't help but feel guilty about it, though." I started poking my food.

Why am I feeling guilty?! I shouldn't be. I mean, I can finally be with the one I love. I should be rejoicing right now!

But no! Instead I'm feeling bad for Nick. Why can't I just get over him and be happy with Joe?

"Hey, who cares? At least you guys are still friends. It could have gone a lot worse than that. Besides, I'm sure he'll get over it. Didn't you say that your friend Rachel has a crush on him or something?" She shoved a fork full of eggs in her mouth.

"Yeah." My eyes were still fixed on my now cold food.

"Well then they could start dating. It'll be perfect!"

"Maybe, I don't know. I can't get it out of my head that he still has feelings for me."

Ugh. Alyssa, be happy!

"Like I said, he'll get over it. All you need to worry about is which dress you'll be wearing at yours and Joe's wedding." She waved her fork at me.

As bad as I was feeling at that point, I couldn't help but laugh. I haven't even thought about our wedding!

Okay, that's a lie. Maybe I did, once or twice...

Or almost every night of my entire life.

Kristen laughed, too. Then went back to shoving food in her mouth.

She's right, though. I just need to forget about this. Nick can't possibly be that attached to me that he'll go nuts if he can't be with me.

Yeah, that totally won't happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if it's a little slow right now. It will get better I promise.
My cousin and I were brainstorming last night, and I have the whole rest of the story planned out. There's also going to be a sequel.
Keep reading!
BTW: If you guys find any mistakes with my story, feel free to tell me. Because Mibba is telling me that something is wrong with my story. So if you find anything, message me.
:)