The Wrong Jonas

Chapter 16

Alyssa's P.O.V.

Kevin was looking through the stack of movies that Mr. and Mrs. Jonas got for us.

"Let's see... Night of the Living Dead, Dodge ball, The Incredibles-"

"Ooh, The Incredibles!" Joe screamed. He was waving his hands in the air like a child on Christmas morning.

I laughed. "Are you serious? I want to see Night of the Living Dead." Joe and I were comfortably sitting together against my bed's headboard. He had his arm wrapped around my waist. Frankie was sleeping in the other room.

Did you actually think we would watch Night of the Living Dead with him in the room?

"Ewe... no. That movie is too scary. The Incredibles!" He's such a child.

Kevin sighed and rolled his eyes. "Let's have a vote. Everyone for The Incredibles, raise your hand." Everyone except me raised their hand. Actually, it was only Kevin and Joe, since Nick was still in the shower.

"Ha! Nick still has to decide." I crossed my arms over my chest in triumph.

Joe looked at me with a puppy-dog face. "Pwease, Alyssa. Pretty, pretty, pweeeeeease?" He nuzzled his face in my neck and looked up at me.

Not those eyes! Not those gorgeous brown masterpieces!

I groaned. "Oh, fine."

Then Joe wrapped me in a tight hug and kissed me all over my face. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"Whatever."

Joe stopped and looked at me. He looked like he was up to something. "What are you thinking?" I glared at him. He just smiled at me.

"Ah! Joe stop!" He started to tickle me.

"Never!" He climbed on top of me, which caused the bed to creak, and aimed for my ticklish spot.

"Please... stop... NOW!!" I said between laughter.

Do you think that would make him stop? Nope! That just encouraged him to keep going. That little turd! He's lucky I love him so much.

Nick's P.O.V.

I stayed in the steamy bathroom for a while, just looking at myself in the mirror.

What does Joe have that I don't? Oh yeah, everything. Including Alyssa.

I just popped the freaking zit and walked out of the bathroom. I only had flannel pants on, so I went over to my luggage to look for a shirt. Then I heard something.

"Ah! Joe stop!" It was Alyssa. What was going on?

"Never!" Joe screamed. Then I heard creaking, which sounded like the bed.

Holy crap. What's going on in there?! My heart started beating faster and faster, taking over my eardrums. I heard some other things, but the sound of my beating heart drowned them out.

The adjoining door was closed so that we wouldn't wake up Frankie.

I barged into the room yelling, "Hey!" Only to find Joe on top of Alyssa, he was tickling her. I got scared there for a second!

"Fine. I'll stop." Joe glared at me and got off the bed. Kevin was on the floor. Then he looked up at me.

"What the hell Nick? They were just having fun."

I'm such a loser! Why would I even think that Joe would do that to her? He would never do that to anyone, especially Alyssa.

I felt my cheeks get hot. "I-I'm sorry." Then left the room to go smack myself.

And no, not mentally.

I put both my hands on the dresser and leaned on it. Then I put my head down. Next thing I knew, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Nick, are you okay?" It was Alyssa.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said, not looking up.

"No, you're not. You haven't been 'fine' all day. You can talk to me, you know." I did want to talk to her. I wanted to tell her everything. How I felt about her. What I was feeling right then. What I actually thought was going on in the other room...

I wanted to kiss her.

She turned me around so I was looking at her. "Tell me Nick. I want to know what's wrong." God, she is so beautiful.

I took a deep breath. "You. You are what's wrong. Don't worry, it's not your fault. It's mine." She just looked up at me, signaling for me to go on.

"The truth is, I still want to be with you. It hurts so bad to see you with Joe. But I don't want to take you away from him. I just... do you think you could stop kissing in front of me?"

I really, really didn't want her to be mad at me. That's the last thing I wanted.

Surprisingly, she smiled at me. "Of course, Nick. I understand. You should have just told me before."

I let out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding. So much weight just got lifted off my shoulders, you just don't even know.

"I would have, but I was scared you would hate me."

She looked shocked. "Never! I could never hate you. Now give me a hug." She hugged me tight, and I gladly returned it.
♠ ♠ ♠
It feels so weird. Now I don't have to worry about updating my other story. It's finished!
Yeah, thanks for reading people.

:)