Alex Val

A small plea.

The next morning I woke up pretty late, I felt like I had been sleeping for ages but my mind was ticking away all throughout the night with possible ideas and opinions of people. One thing I still wasn't sure about was whether Christopher was evil or not however my brain was leaning to the side of him not being evil since he was nothing but nice to me. I sighed and rolled over on my bed feeling refreshed, I hadn't had a decent nights sleep in ages even though my brain had been busy working.

I trudged into the kitchen dragging my feet, I straightened up once I saw the others sitting around a table discussing something in wild whispers, Ryan was leaning out of his seat as if he was going to pounce on Blake who was sitting opposite.

"Is that all humans do eat and sleep?" Ryan asked as the discussion between him, Blake and Icis stopped abruptly and Ryan leaned back folding his arms.

"You forgot food." I snarled walking around the edge of the kitchen and stopping at the fridge where my hand touched the handle but I stopped.

"What?" Ryan called sounding impatient.

"In case you haven't noticed humans make good vampire food too or have you forgotten?" I rolled my eyes whilst turning to face all three of them.

Ryan was going to send me a witty retort no doubt when I cut in before him.

"Can I talk to you guys?" I blurted out, they blinked and exchanged a look of confusion before motioning me towards the seat next to Ryan, and I reluctantly sat down noticing his body stiffen next to me.

"What's up Lex?" Blake grinned mockingly. Lex? What the hell was that, I refrained myself from blurting out that my name was Alex but took advantage of the sudden silence that filled the air meaning they were listening.

"Listen, this is getting beyond stupid now, I'm a human -" I began and I heard Ryan scoff, ignoring him I carried on.

"- And I guess I have come to terms with the facts that your vampires and this is a parallel world type of thing. Our worlds shouldn't have collided like this, I'm sure your all great peo - vampire's I mean and all but if you were decent you would -" Ryan interrupted me again.

"Not a chance." He said strictly, I shot him a glare and continued.

"Decent beings would honour the prospect of free will, now I know you say I've heard or seen too much but trust me I have no one out there worth telling. And even if I did reveal it accidentally no one would believe me, everybody already thinks I'm some kind of anti social maniac who worships the devil." I paused realising my voice was starting to crack as I got impatient.

"All I'm asking is for you to just - just let me go. Please." I added finally giving in as my sentence turned into a plea.

Silence followed, I took it in turns to read their expressions, Blake raised his eyebrows and was looking to Ryan for an answer, Icis was giving me this odd look filled with compassion and pity and I didn't even bother to look at Ryan.

"No, we can't let you go." Ryan confirmed my fear and I groaned.

"Why not?" I hissed through gritted teeth.

"And don't give me this crap about hearing and seeing too much, there's a reason you haven't killed me yet and I want to know why." I added angrily, I was getting fed up of this I just wanted to get out of here and start my life, start my fresh clean slate on my own!

"You don't need to know anything." Ryan stated getting up.

"What?!" I yelled angrily, this was unfair! I looked to Icis but she looked away and followed Ryan up.

"I'm sorry Lexi; maybe we'll tell you more when things aren't so difficult." Blake patted my shoulder as I cursed banging my head on the table.

"We're going out." I heard Icis say, I looked up and she avoided my eyes.

"Don't go wandering, don't open the door in fact stay in your room." Ryan ordered as he put two fingerless leather gloves on.

I looked up in shock realising my day was going to be boring!

"You can't expect me to stay in all day!" I hissed.

"Correction most of the afternoon and a bit of he evening, you slept all morning." Ryan said casually whilst pulling a bag over his head.

"But where are you going?" I asked fiddling with my fingers.

"We have a job to do Alex, now remember if Christopher tries to come in - hide or something." Icis smiled a little and I huffed - this was unfair.

"I refuse to sit around doing nothing." I said through gritted teeth.

"Fine, go for a walk but stay inside the gates!" Ryan raised his voice as they all walked out of the room.

I groaned sitting in my seat for about 10 minutes when I got bored, I decided to explore the rest of the house, as the floorboards creaked I found myself standing outside that white door on the third floor. I attempted to turn the door knob but it wouldn't budge, after several attempts at opening it I gave up and headed back downstairs.

I slumped on the sofa feeling annoyed, I had asked nicely - I had played nice and they had refused so now I was going to have to use Christopher and I would do exactly that. Although part of me wanted him to show up I still felt unsure of whether to trust him or not because my attempt at escaping could turn into him attempting to murder me!

I walked out into the grass feeling the rays of sunshine hit me instantly, I was so bored, my eyes caught a secluded path covered in gravel next to the back of the house, and I made my way down them and crouched to get through the small arch in the holly bush. I grinned seeing a small pond covered in fallen green leaves and other stuff - this was a bit like the secret garden but this garden wasn't as extravagant. Sitting with my back against a small stump I closed my eyes and let my mind wander and daydream. I stayed in that position for many hours and felt like I was drifting away.

A twig snapped making my eyes jolt open quickly as my stomach jumped. My eyes darted around looking for the source of the noise and when I couldn't find anything I relaxed a little. My heart almost jolted through my throat when Christopher whispered into my ear from behind me.

"Hello Lexi." He smiled coyly.

I stayed rooted to the spot, I was a little scared now, and everything they had said about him was it all true? What if it wasn't? But what if it was? Maybe I should talk to Christopher when the others are around or nearby at least, that way if he attempts to kill me I could potentially be saved!

"Hey, nice day huh? Sorry but I have to go now." I said quickly knowing I sounded a little suspicious, I sprung up and shot him a quick smile before turning.

"Wait. What's the hurry?" He called after me, I thought about ignoring him when he all of a sudden fell into pace with me - drat I thought.

"Hurry? There's no hurry, it's just Ryan has me on this curfew, I was supposed to be back 5 minutes ago, he'll get angry and -" I babbled quickening my pace.

"But Ryan isn't there…nor is Blake or Icis." He raised his eyebrows and my jaw dropped slightly.

"Oh, are they not?" I cleared my throat convincingly.

"Well they must have gone out, they told me not stay out longer then 8 and its 8.07pm…" I trailed off avoiding a gulp we reached the small bush and I quickly crawled through it, seeing this as an advantage I thought I could run whilst he was still trying to climb through. Getting up I set my pace into a sprint when I bumped into Christopher who had appeared in front of me. Panting I drew back a little and tried to comprehend the fact that Christopher had appeared in front of me again!

"What's wrong?" He asked raising one eyebrow, his green eyes locked on mine as if he was trying to read my expression or worse my mind. His eyes weren't as nice as Ryan's, even though Ryan was cold hearted and annoying his eyes were beautiful, Christopher's looked empty but still strangely nice.

"What? Nothings wrong - I just have to get back." I tried to go past him but he took a hold of my wrist and brought me back to face him.

"Your afraid of me aren't you?" He asked his eyes flickered around my face.

"No - of course I'm not!" I replied hurriedly attempting to wiggle out of his grip but he only tightened it as he peered down at me.

"What did they tell you?" He growled.

"What do you mean? No one told me anything." I bit my lip.

"Did they say I was evil?" He scoffed.

"What? Well no, not - maybe." I couldn't get my thoughts clear so my words came out jumbled.

"Damn you Lexi for believing them!" His eyes turned black for a second but quickly changed, I stared back in awe, what was with eyes changing colour? Not to mention I was a little scared now.

"I thought, I thought you liked me, but instead you believe what Ryan tells you." He snarled.

"No, it wasn't like that -" I started again.

"He has always done everything to make me feel unhappy, you've seen what he's like, he's an angry fool filled with hatred and you believed him!" He shouted and I knew if I didn't calm him down soon he'd probably snap my wrist accidentally.

"No Christopher! I believe you; do you think I'd trust someone like Ryan? He tries to kill me at least once a day - why would I believe anything that comes out of his mouth?" I asked. At this Christopher's expression and gripped loosened, instead he pulled me forwards and my head hit his chest lightly. His arms wrapped around my back and he sighed.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you, I don't want you to hate me or be scared of me, I really like you Lexi and I would never hurt you, you're too special." He added pulling away he held my hands and looked into my eyes.

I raised my eyebrow not knowing what to say or what to do so instead I stood there like an idiot staring back when he leaned his face in, my heart stopped thumping. He titled his head and closed his eyes and I was finding it hard to breathe - was this going to be my first kiss? As reality seemed to close in on me, my heart started beating again and my breath came out in short ragged movements. I closed my eyes too because it felt right and I was seconds away from my first kiss ever when suddenly he was ripped away from me. My eyes snapped opened and I immediately felt stupid and embarrassed.

My eyes adjusted to the light and I saw Icis standing there looking incredibly angry, I bit my lip and shook my head to tell her that nothing bad was going to happen and that I was safe! I watched as Ryan pounced on Christopher, who was on the floor, Blake worked on tearing them two apart whilst Icis rushed to my side.

"What on Earth were you thinking?" She exclaimed gripping my arm so I couldn't get away - well where would I run off to anyway?

"I told you to stay away from her!" Icis growled as Blake tore Ryan off Christopher.

I watched as Icis pulled her hand into the air and with one swish movement Christopher hovered in the air for a second and then soared through the air and over the gates - he disappeared.

Icis dragged me towards the house and Ryan yelled into my ear.

"What were you playing at? We told you to stay away from him!" He growled.

"I didn't -" I started.

"Were you having fun with you're new boyfriend?" He snarled.

"He's not my -" I tried again.

"Sorry we broke up your little love scene!" He shouted again as we reached the kitchen once more.

"What?" I exclaimed shrugging out of Icis's grip.

"I told you it was nothing! Nothing! I can't believe you; you kidnapped me and now your trying to control me? Christopher told me he would never hurt me! You claim your good yet you've tried to hurt me a hundred times before so what does that tell you? Maybe I should stay away from you!" I screamed in his face.

"Maybe you should because -" He started off yelling but then stopped.

"Because what?" I hissed watching his eyes, they flickered slightly and he tore his gaze away from mine, suddenly he breathed heavily and stormed out of the room. I looked from Blake to Icis wanting to know what had just happened but they ignored me and went after Ryan. I stood there shocked, what the hell had that just been? Ryan looked like he was angry but upset but at the same time remembering something painful. I waited for someone to come back and tell me what had happened when I heard no sound of movement I moved myself.

Rushing to my own room I took care in making sure I slammed the door extra hard.

Living here was so pointless.