Dance With Me in This Rain

Dead On Arrival

"So when does the tour start?" I asked Bill.
All of us were in Tom and Bill's room, just hanging out. We were all on the floor in front of the TV; some German soap opera was on.
Bill was playing with my hair, as my head was on his lap. Clara had her head against Gustav's shoulder and the rest of the guys were just sprawled out in random corners.
"Next week," Bill answered. "Hey, look! I made a braid!" He suddenly exclaimed, holding the braided part of my hair up so everyone could see.
"Nice," Clara said with a laugh. "Bella, you should let Bill do your hair from now on."
I laughed. "I think I will. I'm terrible at styling my hair," I said.
"But you always look good," Tom said with a wink.
I shot him a smile, and blushed.
I felt Bill nudging me on the back and I looked up at him, only to see him smiling goofily down at me.
I'm so glad he knows.
"Hey Gustav, how come you never do anything crazy with your hair?" Clara asked him.
He shrugged. "I like wearing hats. That's my thing," He replied with a laugh.
"What if you, like, spike it? I bet you'll look hot," Clara said, wiggling her eyebrows. Gustav laughed at her.
"I'll try it sometime," He said with a shrug.
"You know who's hair I envy? Georg's," I stated, looking over at Georg, who wasn't even paying the slightest attention to our pointless conversation.
Everyone laughed. "Who doesn't envy his hair? It's ridiculously straight," Clara stated.
"Why is everybody talking about hair all of a sudden?" Tom asked. "And why isn't anybody commenting on my hair?" He added with a laugh.
"Aww. We're sorry. I like your dreadlocks too, Tom," I told him.
"Do you like it or envy it?" He asked with a smirk.
I rolled my eyes. "It's nice. You know, to be honest, I never really liked dreadlocks on guys. But after meeting you, my opinion changed."
Tom grinned. "I made you change your opinion? Score!" He squealed.
I shook my head.
"So, anyways, back to the tour subject. How long will it last?" I asked. I felt Bill braiding other parts of my hair.
"Probably about a month," Tom answered, playing with his cap.
"Wow. A month in Germany," I said, mostly to myself. "If someone told me that in the future I'd be friends with a famous band and go with them to Germany, I would've never believed them." I laughed.
"Same here," Clara said, and Gustav placed an arm around her. He smiled at her.
I bit the corner of my lip, watching those two with a sudden interest. Looking from the angle I was at, Gustav and Clara made a pretty cute couple.
Yeah, they really did.
I mean, they were both blonde and they were the same height, too.
They should go out, I thought brilliantly to myself.
That would be a great idea, not to mention a relief. Clara wouldn't be after Tom anymore and that way, all of us could hang out with each other as couples.
I sighed. One could only dream, eh?
"Bella, dear, are you even listening to me?" Bill asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.
I blinked, looking up at him and found him staring expectantly at me.
"What'd you say?" I asked.
He sighed, rolling his eyes. "I said, look. I made two braids." He smiled proudly and I sat up, feeling my hair.
"Bill, she looks like Pippi Longstocking!" Tom burst out laughing, as did everyone else when they caught sight of my hair.
I made a funny face. "What are you guys talking about? Hand me that mirror," I told Bill, as I pointed towards a silver compact mirror that was on his bed. He grabbed it and tossed it to me.
"Oh my God, I do look like Pippi Longstocking," I said with a laugh.
"Ugh, sit down. I'll fix it then," Bill said, as he patted the spot on the floor in front of him. I laughed again and sat myself down. He started unbraiding my hair and it fell over my shoulders.
"Bill, don't you ever get tired of doing makeovers?" Tom laughed, as he watched his brother's attempt at making the braids right.
Bill flipped his brother off and continued fixing my hair.
"At least he can make a braid," I said with a challenging smirk.
Tom raised an eyebrow at me. "Hey, I can make a braid!"
"Prove it," Clara challenged. "Belle, let him braid your hair."
"Oh my God, this place is turning into a beauty salon," Georg mumbled.
Bill let go of my hair and left his spot behind me. Tom sat in his place and picked up a lock of my hair.
"You sure you know what you're doing?" I snorted.
"Girl, you gonna be looking so sexy once I'm through with you," He said in a gay voice, that only caused me to burst out in laughter.
"Hey, since we're all doing makeovers, can I spike your hair, Gusti?" Clara asked with a wide grin.
Gustav looked at her weirdly and half smiled. "Um...sure?"
She clapped her hands enthusiastically. "Yay. Okay, where do you people keep the gel?"
"Bathroom," Tom replied, as I felt him tugging on my hair.
She nodded and glided to the bathroom, emerging from it seven seconds later; hair gel in hand.
She sat herself next to Gustav, opening the lid of the gel container. She then began applying some of it on Gustav's hair, creating the spikes.
"Are you done yet?" I asked Tom, who wouldn't stop fumbling with my hair.
He laughed. "Almost."
Shortly after, he grabbed the compact mirror and placed it in front of my face so I could see myself.
"Wow. You can make a braid." I beamed, examining my neatly braided hair.
He grinned proudly. "Told ya. I think I deserve a kiss," He said.
I paused.
Did he just say that out loud?
I looked at him warningly, discreetly pointing my head towards Clara. Thankfully, she was paying too much attention on spiking Gustav's hair.
Tom rolled his eyes.
Georg and Bill shook their heads and held in their laughter.
"Hey guys, check out Gustav!" Clara suddenly exclaimed, once she was finished with his hair.
Gustav scrunched his face. "How do I look?" He asked.
"Wow, Gustav. You should wear that look more often. It looks hot," I stated.
He grinned. "Really? Lemme see," He said, holding his hand out. I handed him the mirror.
"Whoa. Yeah, I'm liking this," He nodded, checking himself out.
We all laughed.
"Girls are gonna be throwing themselves at you now," Bill said sarcastically.
Gustav stuck his tongue out at Bill, then turned to Clara. "Thanks," He said.
She smiled. "No problemo."
I was smiling on the inside.
Yeah, they definitely look cute together.

___

Later that afternoon, we had all gone out to eat. Tom and Bill insisted incessantly on getting McDonald's. They loved fast food and made sure everyone knew that. Of course, Clara and I didn't argue. Back in New York, we'd always go to fast food restaurants.
After we had eaten, we came back to the hotel and hung out some more. We were all pretty bored, and Georg even fell asleep. Clara was on the verge of dozing off and so was Gustav. Bill was lying on the floor, resting his hands behind his head. He too looked like he was dozing off, as his tired eyes stared at the TV.
"Look at them," I whispered to Tom with a laugh. "They look so tired."
He laughed. "Georg's gonna start snoring soon. And when he does, I advise you to cover your cute little ears," He whispered back.
I snorted in laughter.
"Seriously. You can hear him snoring from a mile away," Tom said, shaking his head.
Tom and I were sitting on the couch; the TV was on with its volume low. I was guessing that another German soap opera was on, because some woman had just slapped another one in the face.
I laughed silently to myself. "Why do people always have to bitch slap other people in soap operas?" I asked with a shake of my head.
"I guess it's just a way of making the cheesiness of the show more dramatic than it already is. It's so lame," Tom stated.
I nodded in agreement. I then sighed boredly, placing my elbow on the arm of the couch and resting my cheek on my hand.
I heard Tom chuckling beside me, and felt his hand taking mine. "You wanna get out of here?" He suddenly whispered.
Bill averted his attention towards us. "Are you talking to me or her?" He asked Tom, with a raised eyebrow.
Tom rolled his eyes. "Her, genius."
Bill rolled his eyes and faced the TV screen again.
I laughed quietly. "Where do you wanna go?" I asked.
He grinned and stood up from the couch, offering me his hand. "Anywhere."
I smiled and quickly looked over at Clara, who was now definately asleep. Then I took Tom's hand and he helped me up off the couch.
"Where are you guys going?" Bill asked tiredly, as he rubbed his eyes and watched us walk towards the door.
"Out. Just go to sleep, Bill," Tom said to his brother.
"And if Clara asks where we went, just make something up, okay?" I asked in a quiet voice.
Bill waved us off. "Yeah, sure."
"Thanks. Bye Billy," I said before Tom and I were out the door.
After he closed the door, Tom grinned widely at me. "Alone at last," He said, throwing his arms around me.
I laughed. "Jeez, Tom, I didn't know you were that desperate," I joked.
He stuck his tongue out at me.
"You're such a child," I said, shaking my head.
He made a funny face. "Says the midget grown-up," He retorted with a laugh.
I slapped his arm. "I'm not a midget!"
He laughed. "Oh yeah. I keep forgetting to say vertically challenged."
I rolled my eyes.
"Ugh, seriously Tom, when are you ever going to-"
Before I could finish, his lips were suddenly on mine, immediately cutting me off in my sentence. I pushed him playfully, his lips never leaving mine. I then smiled, placing my arms around his neck, bringing him closer.
He kissed me in a rough yet passionate way, and that only made me want to hold onto him longer.
"I was only kidding about the midget thing. Besides, I like that you're short. You're like a little doll," He teased, after we had pulled away. He pinched my cheeks.
I shook my head.
"Come on, doll. Let's go somewhere," He said with a grin as he took me by the hand and guided me towards the elevator.
"Only if you stop calling me doll," I mumbled.
The elevator doors opened and we stepped in.
He laughed. "What's wrong with doll?"
"You make it sound like I'm a five cent whore," I replied.
This made him laugh louder. "Oh my God, Bella. How the hell do you come up with this stuff?"
I shrugged. "It just comes to me."
He ruffled my hair and placed an arm around my shoulders, leaning his chin on my head. "You're not a five cent whore. You're a real doll."
I laughed silently. "Whatever you say."
"How come you never accept my compliments?" He asked.
"It's not that I don't accept them, Tom. I just think you over exaggerate."
He snorted. "Alright then, miss Smarty Pants. Say something about me."
I arched an eyebrow, looking up at him. "What do you want me to say?"
He shrugged. "Anything. What do you think of me?"
Psh, is he really asking that?
"Tom," I said with a laugh. "Why are you asking me that?"
"Just answer, Moore," He pressed.
I bit the corner of my lip. "You're pretty much perfect."
He looked at me funny and suddenly burst out laughing. "Good one, Bella. I'm serious."
I crossed my arms. "So am I."
He then stopped laughing. "For real? You honestly think that?"
"Come on, Tom. You're like eye candy. Every girl wants a piece of you. And to this day, I still don't get how you chose me over all of them."
He raised an eyebrow. "All of who?"
"Your fans," I replied with a shrug.
He scoffed. "You wanna know why I choose you over any other girl?"
I nodded.
"You're different," He stated simply.
I half smiled. "You've said that before. Should I take that as a compliment?"
He grinned childishly. "Hell yes. Anyways, I'm not perfect. And if you think I am, it's only because you made me this way."
I chuckled. "Where do you come up with this stuff?"
"It just comes to me," He replied, repeating my previous line.
In a few seconds, we were out of the elevator and Tom and I walked alongside each other. I caught a few random girls staring at him when we were passing by them.
Oh, good Lord.
"See. Eye candy," I muttered, pointing my head towards the girls.
He laughed, shaking his head. "Shut up, Moore."
"Just stating the obvious, Kaulitz," I sang.
He sighed, and abruptly took my hand firmly in his. This act made all the girls stare at both of us wide-eyed.
"What are you doing?" I whispered.
"Showing them I have a girlfriend," He answered, leaning closer to my face and kissing me on the cheek.
The girls all gasped in disbelief.
"You hurt their feelings," I joked, with a dry laugh.
"Psh, please," He said, rolling his eyes.
"I'm serious. They're probably wondering what a greek god is doing with a mediocre chick like myself."
He snorted in laughter. "Greek god? Bella, sometimes you say things that aren't necessarily rational."
I smiled. "And that's what makes me different?" I asked, looking up at him.
He grinned, squeezing my hand warmly. "Exactly."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I'm not your favorite record
The songs you grow to like never stick at first
So I'm writing you a chorus
And here is your verse.