Dance With Me in This Rain

Miserable At Best

The next morning, I was lying in bed, exceptionally tired. Last night, I had gone to sleep really late. Why? Because the boys had all decided to watch a movie, which ended around 2 o'clock in the morning.
I groaned, turning on my back in bed, rubbing my eyes tiredly. Then I looked over to Clara's bed, only to discover she wasn't in it.
I arched an eyebrow, propping myself up by my elbows and looking around the room. "Clara?" I called.
No answer.
I shrugged, and laid back down, bringing the covers closer to my body. I turned on my side, snuggling my head against the fluffy pillow.
She probably just went out with the guys and didn't wanna wake me.
My tired droopy eyes were just about to close when all of a sudden, I heard the door creaking open. Since I had my back towards it, I didn't see who was coming in, but I was guessing it was Clara. I didn't move, as I listened to the person's footsteps approaching my bed.
I then felt the mattress being pressed down with the person's weight, as they clearly sat.
"Clara?" I asked, not looking behind me.
I heard a quiet laugh that didn't sound like Clara's at all. "Guess again."
My eyes suddenly went wide, as I quickly turned over on my back, only to find Tom sitting there with a huge grin plastered on his face.
"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked astonishedly, hiding my morning face under the covers.
He snickered. "Is this how you usually greet people in the morning?" He asked sarcastically; a smirk appearing on his face.
"Only the ones who break in," I quipped, returning to my previous position before Tom had entered the room.
Tom pulled the covers off my face, and I grumbled.
I must've looked terrible. I mean, I always looked terrible in the mornings.
"Don't look at me. I'm hideous in the mornings," I groaned, hiding my face behind my hands.
He snorted. "Yeah, you're a real monster."
I grabbed a pillow that was next to me and threw it at him.
"Whoa. Attack of the hideous monster!" He joked, throwing the pillow back at me.
I flipped him off and he laughed.
I then felt him laying down beside me, his warm arms wrapping themselves around my waist.
"Tom, you shouldn't be here. Clara might come in and-" I began.
"She went out with the guys," Tom informed quietly, cutting me off.
I quirked a brow. "Where'd they go?"
"Bill said something about taking her to breakfast," He stated with a shrug. "She knew you were tired and didn't wanna wake you."
I snickered. "And you didn't go with them? Wow. You never turn down food," I joked.
"I only turn down food for the important stuff," He answered brightly, bringing me closer to him.
"I'm important enough to make you turn down food? That really doesn't make any sense," I said with a laugh.
"Well, I don't make sense sometimes. Like you," He said.
"So we're both senseless. We make an outstanding couple, I must say," I joked.
He laughed quietly and rested his head against my neck. My hand automatically reached up to stroke his hair. I had never been with a guy who had dreadlocks before and whenever I touched Tom's hair, it felt funny, but in a nice way. I was getting used to his dreadlocks and I couldn't imagine his hair in any other style.
Minutes passed, as we laid there silently.
Then in a sudden manner, catching me utterly by surprise, Tom rolled right on top of me; his breath prickling against my face.
Since the room was dark, due to the closed curtains, it was hard to see straight, but I could clearly make out his facial expression.
I smirked, seeing the cocky look he was giving me. "What do you think you're doing, Tom Kaulitz?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.
He returned the smirk, pushing some hair away from my face. "Nothing."
I snorted. "Having trouble with self-control, are we?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.
He grinned. "Maybe."
I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, well maybe you should get off me. You're not exactly light, ya know," I said with a laugh.
He pouted. "You calling me fat?"
"No. You're like, twice my size, therefore, you're also a lot heavier."
He laughed.
I made a funny face at him, and tried pushing him off my small figure, but he was unsurprisingly strong. He didn't even budge.
I sighed defeatedly. "Come on, Tom."
"Uh uh," He answered in a childish tone.
"Tom!" I whined, hitting his chest weakly.
Like my punches would affect him...
He shook his head sharply. "Nope."
"Tom, your body is dangerously close to mine," I teased, feeling him breathing heavily.
"Stop provoking me, dear Bella," He joked, kissing me lightly on the lips.
I laughed, once he pulled away. "I'm not provoking you, kid. I'm simply asking you to get the hell off me."
"Aww. Is that really what you want?" He asked with a pout, pecking me on the lips.
"Let me think," I said, placing a finger on my chin. "Yes."
"Are you serious?" He asked sullenly.
"You're squishing me, Kaulitz. Of course I'm serious!"
He groaned.
"Fine," He said. "Can I kiss you one more time, at least?"
I rolled my eyes and smirked. I then grabbed him by the collar and pushed him down; my lips colliding with his. He found great enjoyment in my gesture and smiled into the kiss, pressing down harder.
His hand went up and down my side, and I swear my stomach did somersaults. My free hand quickly grabbed hold of his, intertwining our fingers.
It wasn't that I didn't like him doing that. I was just scared that all that touching would lead to something. Something I wasn't ready for. And even if I were ready, there was no way it would happen in that hotel room. Simply because Clara could just waltz in there any second and catch us both in the act.
That wouldn't exactly be a pretty view if you ask me.
Things were heating up and I felt my heart racing inside of me. But the abrupt sound of someone knocking on the door made me gasp in surprise.
Tom pulled away from me, and stared down at me confusingly, as I gave him the same puzzled look.
"Do you think it's one of the guys?" He whispered, raising an eyebrow.
I shrugged.
"Belle?" The voice clearly belonging to Clara uttered from the other side of the door.
My eyes widened, and in one quick movement, Tom was off me. He jumped off the bed, falling on the floor with a loud thud.
"OW!" He squealed, and I shushed him angrily.
Tom then rushed under the bed just in time, as the door opened. Clara's figure appeared in the doorway.
"Belle? I heard voices."
I stiffened and my eyes wandered over to her. I then let out a nervous laugh, trying to come up with something fast.
"Oh, uh. That was me...greeting this beautiful morning."
I mentally cursed at myself.
She arched an eyebrow, placing a hand on her hip. "What?"
"Yes," I began saying, in a more balanced tone. "I greet my mornings now."
She observed me perplexedly and I shifted awkwardly in bed, pulling the blankets on my bare legs.
"I know what you're thinking, Clara. I'm weird. I've been told that many many times," I said, trying to lighten the mood.
She just shook her head. "Weird is an understatement, honey."
I sighed and rested my back against the headboard.
"Here's a question: did you fall whilst greeting this beautiful morning?" She asked with a laugh, as she strode across the room, sitting on her bed.
In my head, I prayed for Tom not to make any noise.
How will he leave now that Clara's here?
"What?" I asked slightly brain dead.
"I heard a loud noise," She stated with another laugh. "Did you tumble off the bed or something?"
I bit my lip. "Yeah. By accident," I lied.
She laughed. "Falling is your latest fashion."
I smiled crookedly. Clara fell back and looked up at the ceiling, sighing boredly.
I chewed madly on my bottom lip out of nervousness.
"So..." I began, fiddling with the tips of my hair, "You went out with the guys?"
"We ate. I was gonna wake you, but you looked really tired," She said with a shrug.
I nodded understandingly. "Yeah, I'm still feeling pretty tired. Thanks for not waking me."
She smiled. "I guess I know you too well. I mean, if I did wake you, you'd probably end up hitting me in the face like you did last time. Believe me, I know how cranky you are in the mornings," She teased.
I stuck my tongue out at her, displaying my childish side. She returned the same gesture.
The room became silent. I brought my legs up to my chest, drumming my fingers against my knees.
I thought of how squished Tom was under my bed.
I felt sorry for him. I couldn't just pretend he wasn't under there.
"Hey, Clara. Can you do me a favor?" I asked suddenly. She sat up to look at me.
"What?" She asked lazily.
I thought for a second. "Could you go see if I left my...earrings in Tom and Bill's room?"
She made a face. "You lost them again? Belle, you do know that earrings are supposed to go on the ears?" She joked and I rolled my eyes.
"I think I might've took them out last night while we were watching the movie. Can you go see if they're in Bill's room, please?" I asked.
"Why can't you go?" She whined.
"Because I'm still in my jammies," I replied with a laugh.
She sighed and leaped off her bed. "Fine. I'll be right back," She announced, before opening the door and leaving.
I breathed out and pushed the covers off me, bending over to look under the bed.
I tried holding in my laughter, as I spotted Tom with an annoyed expression on his face, seemingly squished.
He rolled his eyes at my amusement and scrambled from under the bed. I helped him up, and frantically brushed the dust off his clothes.
"Well, that was certainly interesting," He stated, fixing his cap on his head. I doubled over, laughing.
Tom scoffed.
"I'm sorry, Tom," I managed to say in between snickers.
He stared at me with a funny look. "Shut up."
I laughed. "Oh come on! That was funny and you know it!"
He rolled his eyes. "That was painful, Bella. But hey, at least she didn't see me. Score," He said with a grin.
I chuckled. "Yeah. Score," I agreed, quickly brushing my lips against his. "Okay, now you gotta get out of here before Clara comes back," I said, wheeling him around and leading him towards the door.
"Really? Do I have to go?" He whined fakely, fluttering his bristly eyelashes at me.
I punched him on the shoulder playfully. "Just hurry. I'll see you in a little while. I have to take a shower," I stated.
He grinned slyly, crossing his arms. "I wanna join."
"Get out of here, Kaulitz!" I urged and he rolled his eyes, obediently walking out the door. "Just tell them you were downstairs or something," I added, once he was in the corridor.
He nodded, waving me off and walked to his room. I shut the door behind me, and glided towards my bed.
Seconds later, Clara came in.
"Your earrings weren't there," She informed monotonously.
"Oh well. I guess I lost them, then," I said with a shrug.
She shook her head. "You don't take good care of your stuff. That's why you end up losing them."
I nodded. "I agree."
She snorted. "Weirdo."
I grinned sheepishly.
She then turned on the TV, flipping through the many German channels. "Ugh. Does everything have to be in German?" She scolded and I laughed.
"Clara, I'm gonna pretend you didn't say that," I joked, shaking my head at her.
She flipped me off, with her eyes still glued to the screen
"I'm gonna take a shower," I informed and she just nodded absent-mindedly, as I got off my bed and walked to the bathroom.
I laughed to myself, remembering Tom under my bed. How much shit were we gonna have to go through before Clara found out about us? I honestly didn't know.
I then realized I had laughed out loud, because Clara asked, "What's so funny?"
"Oh, nothing," I said briefly, before disappearing into the bathroom.
Yes, weird was indeed an understatement.
♠ ♠ ♠
You're all that I hoped I'd find
In every single way
And everything I would give
Is everything you couldn't take.