Sequel: Purple Hearts

Cherry Lips And Tattoos

Some new friends and a shock

"What do you want to see me for Tre?" said a voice just over Susan's shoulder; it was Hannah, and just behind her stood Ed.

London...

Charlie had to go and visit a friend and Franky was moping around the house. She slumped onto the sofa and turned on the TV. She had been here with Charlie for four days now and still no word from Gerard. Why? She knew he was in England and he had said that he would contact her. Why hadn't he called? It was eating away at her and she didn't know why. She decided to give him a call.

She searched for his name and pressed the dial button and put her phone to her ear.

"The phone you are calling is switched off." She heard, damn.

She then decided to send him a text message, that way he could pick it up when he could and text her back when he had time. When he had time? Surely he had time for her.

HI G. I KNOW YOU ARE PROBABLY BUSY BUT I AM HERE IN LONDON NOW. DO YOU WANT TO GET TOGETHER? FRANKY XX

She pressed the send button them immediately wished she hadn't.

She flicked through the TV channels and decided to put on a music channel. They were playing Fall Out Boy's 'Dance Dance'. She always smiled at this video, for some reason Pete Wentz made her smile in this, he looked so funny and she thought back to the Grammy's and Adi telling her that he had wanted to ask her out that night. It now seemed a million miles away.

The video changed and they were now playing Green Day's Boulevard of Broken Dreams. She watched the video with a small smile on her face watching her Dad, Uncle Mike and Billie Joe. She loved Billie in this video; she always thought Billie looked so handsome in it. he ran his tongue over my bottom lip

Suddenly Franky remembered something, something that Billie Joe had given her just before she left for England, the CD.

Franky ran upstairs to her travel bag and rummaged around. She found what she was looking for; it was the CD in a plastic see-through case. Written in black ink on the CD in Billie's handwriting she read For you Franky because you said you liked it. Her heart pulled a little recognising his writing.

She went back downstairs and over to the CD player where she placed the silver shiny disc into the machine and pushed the drawer closed. She took the remote over to the sofa and from there she pressed play, closed her eyes and listened.

It was an acoustic version of Aerosmith's "I don't want to miss a thing." Franky remembered it being one of her mum's favourites and she remembered her playing it quite a lot but couldn't have remembered what it was called. Now she remembered it, it was the song that they had played in the background at the studio when they'd recorded. She did remember something about saying she liked it to Billie and he'd obviously remembered.

She loved him playing acoustically, always had; it always seemed so much more personal when he played like that. His wonderful voice echoed around the room and Franky's eyes willed up with tears as she listened to the words that he sang with so much meaning.

I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile when you are sleeping
While you're far away and dreaming
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Well, every moment spent with you
Is a moment to treasure

I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'cause I miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
'cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream would never do
I'd still miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing

Lying close to you
Feeling your heart beating
And I'm wondering what you're dreaming
Wondering if its me you're seeing
Then I kiss your eyes and thank God we're together
And I just wanna stay with you
In this moment forever, forever and ever

I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream would never do


It was beautiful and it tugged her heartstrings as she thought back to Billie and their beautiful night together. She let the tears fall freely as she played the song over again. She played it twice more then decided that was enough, wiped the tears from her eyes and went to check her phone. No messages.

California...

"I just wanted to call round and say that... say that you guys can still practice at ours if you like even though Franky is not around. I can always step in and do a little bit of drumming for you," said Tre suddenly nervous.

"Oh right," said Hannah coming to join him at the kitchen table. Her reaction was to immediately put her hand on her stomach. I have your baby inside of me she thought to herself and you're never going to find out, seeing as you treated me so badly.

"That's great isn't it Ed?" she said looking over at Ed who was still standing in the doorway.

"Yeah... thanks Tre," said Ed. Although Tre had pissed him off big time over the way he had treated Hannah he still kind of felt sorry for him. He had lost his wife who everyone knew were just the perfect couple and now Franky had gone. He must be lonely. Now Hannah was having his baby and she didn't want him to know. Still, HE would be there for Hannah, this was his chance.

"That would be wonderful, we may take you up on that offer," said Ed coming to join them all at the kitchen table.

"Oh Tre," said Hannah. "This is my mom," she said turning round to her mother who had kept quiet up until now. "My mom, Susan."

I know thought Tre and she has this little mole right down by her...

"Hi Susan," said Tre getting up and going over to take her hand and kiss it like he'd done loads of times before.

"Hi Tre," said Susan looking into those eyes that had looked into hers so many times before.

"Good to meet you. Anyway," said Tre, "I must be going, I need to talk to Mike about something," he said. "Remember what I said; just give me a call if you guys want to practice."

"We will," said Ed. Hannah didn't speak.

"Let me see you out Tre," said Susan following him out of the kitchen.

"I didn't realise," said Tre at the front door "that Hannah was your daughter." Geeze.

"Is it a problem Tre?" said Susan

"Of course not," said Tre. Things couldn't get any worse.

"Listen," said Susan. "Can I come over tonight? I think we need to discuss something, you know, about us," she said.

"Of course," said Tre but he was anxious now. When Hannah found out about them being an item would she spill the beans to Susan? He hoped not. If she was anything like his Franky then she wouldn't say a word.

***

"Can I trust you?" said Joey to Ellie. They were lying on his bed again; he'd just finished playing some shoot-em-up game on the PS2. He was glad to be home with his parents even if they weren't together. His dad was sleeping in the spare room but was hardly ever at home really. What were they going to do? Would they have to sell the house? Joey was angry. He was so angry. He knew whose fault this all was.

He loved having Ellie around. She had been great company for him and he knew that she liked him loads. He decided to trust her with something.. something that he probably wouldn't have trusted anyone else with, even Franky.

"Of course you can," said Ellie stroking Joey's cheek. She knew he had been through a lot lately. She so liked him. "What is it?" she said taking another sip from her beer. She'd had three cans of beer and felt light headed but free. She felt like she could open up to Joey and tell him anything and do anything with him. She watched him drag a chair over to the wardrobe and get the box down from on top of it. The box that contained that piece of material that she still couldn't quite place.

London...

"Hey you... you fell asleep," Charlie said to Franky. "Still tired?"

"Yes. I'm so tired lately, I don't know what's' wrong with me. Normally I have loads of energy," said Franky.

"Perhaps its because you're winding down and relaxing," said Charlie. "Anyway, have you heard anything from Gerard yet?"

"Not a thing," said Franky turning away from him.

"I'm sure he's busy and when he's got a second he'll call," said Charlie

Franky wasn't so sure.

"Hey you know your old house?" said Charlie

"Yeah," said Franky.

"Well there is a girl living in there, I think she's about 13 and sometimes a friend of mine Louise baby-sits for her while her mother works evenings. Except Louise can't do it and neither can I and I was wondering... seeing as you're here... do you think you could just sit with the kid tonight. It's only for about four hours, up until midnight. Then her mum is back. She's a nurse and fits in shifts when she can."

Franky sighed. "Why not?" she said. "What's the girls name?"

"Its Emily and... and she's just getting into Green Day and she doesn't know that your Tre's daughter."

"Right," said Franky. "What DOES she know about me?" she said looking suspiciously at Charlie.

"Nothing, only that you're a friend of mine. She doesn't know that you're from America. She might quiz you a little when she hears your mixed up accent," he said.

"Its not mixed up and I'm sure I can handle it. Anyway, where are you going?" she said questioning him.

"I've got this job doing some photographs for a client," said Charlie.

"I've hardly seen you since I got here," said Franky. "We need to sit down and talk as there is something I need to tell you but it will mean a good evening in you may need some booze as... I don't want you getting the wrong idea, it needs some explaining," she said.

"How about we stay in tomorrow, and you can tell me what it is? Is it important? You're not worried about anything are you?"

"No, but it will take a little explaining, you might not understand." Shit how was he going to react when she'd tell him about her and Billie. She had to tell him though she just had to. This was Charlie after all.

"Anyway I have some news for you," said Charlie.

"What's that?" said Franky looking over.

"When you go back... I'm going to come with you... if you'll have me that is, I may have to stay at yours for a while."

"Oh are you now?" said Franky but secretly excited.

"Yeah. Mum and Dad are living in Spain now as you know and they want to sell this place so I won't be getting this rent free now and there's more opportunities over in California for me and I've been on the internet and had a good look. It's all arranged. When you go, I'm coming with you."

"Charlie it would be so great having you back home. I'm so happy I could cry," said Franky and she really could. She couldn't wait to have Charlie over with her. Everything would seem complete then.

Charlie watched his friend getting all excited and her sweet smile that always lit up her face.

Charlie was so looking forward to going to California. He was also looking forward to seeing Adrienne. He'd been thinking about her a little more since Franky told him that she and Billie had split up.

"Right," said Charlie, "are you hungry?"

California...

"Hannah," said Tre into the phone.

"Oh Hi Tre," said Hannah her stomach turning over.

"I need to see you," said Tre.

"What?" she said.

"No. It's not that. I need to explain something to you," he said.

"Oh," said Hannah. What could this be about?

"Can we meet up?" asked Tre.

"OK, the coffee shop," said Hannah.

"That's fine," said Tre. "In about half an hour."

London...

Franky knocked on the door. It was weird knocking on the door of the house she used to live in. She worked it out and it was only five years ago but it seemed a lifetime ago. The door was the same but the knocker had changed.

She could hear someone fiddling with the latch. Then the door opened and this very pretty lady stood there. She was so petite with dark brown hair tied up into a ponytail. She had green sparkling eyes and had on a nurse's uniform. She was about the same height as Franky. Actually Franky thought I'm slightly taller than you and it's not often I can say that about someone.

"You must be Franky, please come in," said the nurse. "I'm Julia, Charlie has told me all about you and thank you for doing this at such short notice. It's so kind of you," she said ushering Franky through to the Living Room. Everything was the same apart from the decor, the walls were painted different colours and the furniture was different. This is weird thought Franky.

Sitting on the sofa was a small girl with black jeans, black converse and a huge black hoody with Green Day splashed all over it. She had in headphones and her head was bobbing about as she listened to the music.

"Emily," said Julia but Emily couldn't here her. Julia went over to nudge her and the girl leapt up.

"Emily this is Franky, remember I told you she was staying with Charlie. She's going to sit with you tonight."

"Hi," said Emily pulling the earphones out of her ears.

Franky said "Hi," back.

Julia checked her watch. "I really must be going. Please help yourself to anything you need Franky, there's plenty to eat and drink and I've written my number down on a piece of paper, its on the kitchen table," she said gathering up car keys and a coat.

"I'm sure everything will be fine Julia," said Franky as Julia left the house.

"What are you listening to?" asked Franky. "Shall I take a guess?" she said looking down at Emily's hoody. "Green Day by any chance?"

"Of course," said Emily. "I love them. Do you like Green Day?"

"Actually... yeah... they're brilliant," said Franky.

"Who's your favourite?" said Emily. "I like Mike, he's so amazing at playing the bass. He's so tall and good-looking. I like him with blond hair the best. Who do you like?"

"Ummmm I like them all," said Franky, and she did, of course.

"Want to listen?" said Emily

"I'd love to," said Franky then smiling to herself.

"We'll have to go upstairs to my room then," said Emily. "The CD player down here is broken but mine upstairs works."

"That's fine," said Franky. "Lead the way... "

"Hey I like your ingot," said Emily to Franky glancing over.

"Oh thanks," said Franky reaching up to touch it. "It used to be my mothers."

"Didn't you used to live here?" asked Emily, "a long time ago."

"Yeah I did, me and my mum lived here ages ago and this used to be my old bedroom," she said entering the room.

Franky stood dead still. It was practically the same apart from the furniture being re-arranged and slightly different but the room was covered in green day posters just like hers had been. They were everywhere.

"You can choose a CD if you like," said Emily nodding towards a CD rack.

Franky checked out the CDs, all the Green Day ones, and all the My Chem ones. She got a knot in her stomach then wondering why Gerard still hadn't contacted her.

"How about this?" she said selecting Dookie. You couldn't beat a bit of Basket Case up full blast.

"Cool," said Emily.

As Franky turned she came face to face with a life-size poster of Billie Joe on the wall opposite. Her stomach lurched and reminded her of him opening his arms up and giving her a hug.

"He's hot isn't he?" said Emily noticing Franky looking at Billie Joe. "He's my next favourite and then Tre last though sometimes I like Tre next but Mike is always my favourite. Hey... what accent is that?" she said. "You're not from around here now are you? Where do you live now?" she said. "I like your ingot," she said this practically all in one breath. Franky laughed to herself.

"Thanks," Said Franky putting her hand up to her neck. "I'm from America; we emigrated when I was thirteen. It's fabulous there."

"I want to go there when I'm older. I have this dream about meeting up with Green Day," she said.

"I hope your dream comes true," said Franky remembering her very own dream when she was that age.

"Or I'm going to form a band. I play the guitar. Do you play an instrument?" Emily asked.

"I play the drums," said Franky without thinking.

"That's unusual, not many women play the drums. There's Meg White from the White Stripes and then I'm sure Tre Cool's daughter plays the drums. She's setting up a band at the moment; the radio said their record would be out soon. I can't remember their name. Anyway, she's real pretty. I've seen some pictures of her on some of the websites. There aren't many about but there are loads of her at the Grammy's. She looked so gorgeous and glamorous. I was jealous of her when I saw those pictures. She looks so rich and her make up is just perfect. Then there is a few pictures of her at her mother's funeral but she was a lot younger then. She looked so sad in them."

Emily went over to the computer then and switched it on.

"I'll show you them," said Emily.

"Show me what?" said Franky still mesmerized by the life-size picture of Billie Joe.

"The pictures of Tre Cool's daughter. Do you use the computer much? Do you ever go on Green day's fansites?"

"No. I don't seem to have time," said Franky slightly wary now that this girl was looking at photographs of Green Day and her Dad and, shit HER. Surely she wouldn't guess that it was me in those photographs. No, she won't. I look so different than I did at the Grammy's, all that make up and posh frock.

"What's that you've typed in?" said Franky going over to watch Emily.

"Its GeekStinkBreath.Net it's the best site around. You ever heard of it?" she said glancing up.

"Is that the one where there are loads of fan stories?" asked Franky remembering something in a conversation she once had with her Dad.

"Yeah. You know some of the stories that people write are just awesome." She then typed in =Emz4Mike=

"What's that?" said Franky, interested now.

"That's my user name," said Emily. Franky smiled, of course!

Emily entered the photo thread and brought up some photographs and there she was looking at herself.

"See. Isn't she gorgeous?" said Emily but Franky couldn't answer, then Emily went into another, close up photograph of her.

"Hey... look she has an ingot just like yours," Emily said. "I want to get one of those... and she looks quite like you." Emily glanced up at Franky then and Franky knew that her cover was blown.

Franky just said. "I think may be I need to tell you something."

California...

Where is she thinks Tre. He had drunk a cup of coffee already and he felt sick. He didn't want another one. The door opened and in she came. She came straight over to the table but she didn't look very happy.

"Hannah. Can I get you a drink?" he said.

"No thanks Tre. What's this all about? First you come to my house and now you call me up. What do you want from me?" she said.

"I want to apologise for the way I've treated you," said Tre. "I'm ashamed."

"Oh," said Hannah, she hadn't expected this, she didn't know what to expect.

"I'm so very sorry for the way I've treated you but I have fond memories of our time together. I hope you do too," said Tre.

"Of course I do," said Hannah. "You were my first. In fact you've been the only one," said Hannah. She didn't care what she said to him, she wanted him to know. She couldn't hate him she'd decided but had to move on. There was no chance for her with Tre, he had someone else now.

Tre hung his head. "Look I don't know what to say but I've been seeing someone, someone who is kind of special to me," said Tre.

"I know," said Hannah

"You know?" said Tre. Did she know that it was her mother?

"Franky sort of mentioned it before she went."

"It's Okay Tre. Don't feel bad, let's just put it behind us, you were right, we have fond memories. I don't want to stand in your way of happiness, especially after what you went through with Sammi. I hope you'll be happy with this other lady," said Hannah. This was hard. She loved Tre really but what could she do?

"You're so kind," said Tre "you'll find a decent kind guy one day." He was sure of it.

"I hope so." Said Hannah and she truly did.

"Anyway, are you excited at the band?" said Tre.

"Very much," said Hannah.

"I look forward to hearing you and the response from the public," said Tre.

"Yeah," said Hannah and you'll be able to watch my belly growing big with your baby inside. Should I tell you? No because you may want to be with me for the wrong reasons and I don't want that.

London...

It was 11.30 at night and Franky and Emily were still in Emily's bedroom. The time had flown by and Franky had told Emily everything about how she'd won the drumming competition and how she'd found out about Tre being her father. She had warmed to Emily straight away as she had reminded her of herself all those years ago; it was almost like having a little sister, a sister that she never had and had always wanted. Emily had told her that her father had died when she was 5 and could hardly remember him and that her mother worked hard all the time. Emily said all she lived for was Green Day.

In return Franky had told her everything and Emily was glowing with that fact that she was sitting here with Franky Cool. She couldn't believe it.

"I cannot believe that you are Tre Cool's daughter," said Emily, "you're... you're so normal."

"What did you expect, should I have three heads or something?" Franky said then laughing, content in this young girl's company.

"No it's just... you know."

"I think I know and you'll find that Billie, Mike and Tre are quite normal too. Well apart from Dad he can be a bit mad sometimes but you probably know that."

"Do you think they read those stories that people write on GSB?" said Emily.

"Actually, they do," said Franky "when they're away on tour they log in with their lap tops to have a little read. They're quite impressed by some of the stories. They have very dedicated fans."

"They love their fans don't they?" said Emily.

"Most definitely, they are always saying that they have the best fans in the world," said Franky.

"What about the rumours?" said Emily suddenly.

"What rumours?" said Franky, frowning.

"About Billie and Adi splitting up and about the band splitting up. They ARE just rumours aren't they?" said Emily.

Franky didn't know what to say.

"So its true," said Emily quietly.

"Well... look. Its true about Billie and Adi," Franky responded, and it's all my fault

"But the band splitting up, where on earth did you get that information from?"

"Just something that gets talked about on the site that's all. Poor Billie and Adi, they are so right together. What happened?" she asked.

"I can't say." Adrienne slept with someone and I slept with Billie. His tongue ran across my bottom lip and his long hair got tangled through my fingers.

"OK, I won't ask. I hope they get back together, they're perfect together," said Emily.

"I think so too." Did I?

"Hey your Mum was beautiful wasn't she? Those photos of the funeral are so sad. You and Tre looked really white."

"I remember feeling sick and dizzy that day, it was like I was in a daze. It was awful," said Franky, she hated thinking about that day.

Suddenly they heard a shout from downstairs.

"Are you guys OK?" said Julia. Franky checked her watch, my god it was midnight. They'd been chatting all this time.

"Coming mum, have I got some news for you." shouted Emily running out the door.

California.

"Come in; come in," said Tre looking at Susan.

"You look good," said Tre.

"Thanks," said Susan but she didn't quite seem her self.

"Would you like a drink?" he asked her.

"Look Tre, I won't be staying long," said Susan, head bowed down.

Tre span round to look at her. Something was wrong.

"What's wrong?" He said.

"I received a letter this morning," said Susan.

"What letter?" said Tre.

"This letter if you must know, look, it may not be true or it may be true but I can't live like this. You're famous and I don't think I can handle it; I'm a private person Tre," she said not looking at him

"WHAT? What letter? What is all this?" Tre was suddenly shocked.

"Here, this letter here," said Susan getting an envelope out of her bag.

Dear Susan

I had to warn you about Mr Tre Cool. He has been seeing your daughter and sleeping with her behind your back. He also has been seeing underage girls whilst on tour. Make up your own mind about Mr. Cool but this is what he's REALLY like.

Enjoy your life with Mr Cool.


"Fuck, who wrote this?" said Tre, he felt light-headed suddenly.

"Who knows?" said Susan. "Look Tre, its not going to work I can't handle anything like this," she said. She looked tired and fed up.

"Please Susan... this is just hate mail." He had an idea who was doing this. The bitch Pam, it had to be.

"I'm sorry for you Tre, you're a lovely guy but deep down I can't do it," she said.

"Oh Susan, I thought we had something here," said Tre, disappointed.

"So did I at first but... its not just this letter, everyone looks at you when we're out, everyone comes up to you. I'm kind of proud of you but I want someone for myself. When I go out I want it to be just me and you, not the whole world and his wife."

"I'm sorry you feel that way," said Tre. So she wasn't like Sammi after all. Sammi hated the limelight but she did it for him. Nearly everything she did was for him. Susan was right. Susan wasn't right for him either.

"Just one thing Tre, how much of this letter is true. Underage?" she looked disgusted with him.

"That's a lie, there's this woman on my case. She's already helped break up Adi and Billie's marriage. She's bribed me about this."

"You see Tre, you stars do lead complicated lives. I don't do complicated," said Susan.

"Susan. The part about Hannah is true," said Tre. He had to tell her, ever since he saw them both in the kitchen; he had to tell her, as he didn't want to live a lie.

"You're kidding me?" said Susan.

"I'm not. I'm ashamed but it was a two-way thing. I'm sorry, it was before you." It was also during but you don't need to know that.

Susan didn't speak; she just went over to him and smacked him hard around the face then just headed off towards the door.

"Susan! Wait! Let me explain." Tre shouted holding his face.

"There's nothing more to say Tre," said Susan opening the front door. "I feel sorry for you but you can't go around taking advantage of young girls just to satisfy your needs."

Tre knew she was right and he put his hand up to his stinging face. He felt he'd deserved that slap.

***

That night Tre couldn't sleep, tossing and turning. He felt like shit, he felt so lonely. He went downstairs and headed off to the drink's cupboard. A good glass of strong whiskey would do the trick. One strong glass turned into half a bottle.

London

It was 1.30am and Julia, Emily and Franky were sitting in the Living Room drinking hot chocolate.

Julia suddenly yawned. "My god look at the time," said Franky. "I've been here ages." She said.

She'd loved the company of Julia, she was fun and kind and she'd ended up telling her everything apart from the bit about Billie. She nearly had though because she felt she could tell her anything. She reminded her so much of her Mum.

"Goodnight Franky, thanks for coming. Can we see you again before you go back to America?"

"Of course," said Franky "I've enjoyed being here. That's if you'll have me back and anyway I have an idea."

"What's that?" said Emily.

"Isn't it the school holidays soon?" she asked Emily.

"Yeah" Emily said

"How about you come over, spend the holidays with me and the guys?" said Franky.

"You are kidding?" said Emily.

"No I'm not," said Franky "that's if you mum agrees to it. You know I feel like I've known you guys for ages." Said Franky.

"I feel the same," said Emily "you're like the big sister I never had and always wanted," she said.

"I'm sure we can sort something out," said Julia "may be I'll have to come too and meet this goddam band that Emily so loves."

"You'll love them mum," said Emily, "Mike's my favourite."

"I know he is honey and I'm sure I will love them," said Julia, "Now get to bed."

***

When Franky got back to the house she noticed that Charlie had already got home and the house was in darkness. She heard her phone bleep from the kitchen and ran to it. She checked it, 4 messages.

Message 1 : FRANKY BABY, I HOPE YOU ARRIVED SAFELY, I'M SURE YOU DID. HOW'S CHARLIE? HOPE HE HASN'T GROWN ANY TALLER. YOU TWO WILL BE CALLED LITTLE AND LARGE! TAKE CARE BABY, I MISS YOU, ITS SO QUIET IN THE HOUSE WTHOUT YOU. LOVE YOU ALWAYS, DAD XXXX

Franky replied immediately.

HI DAD. YES I ARRIVED SAFELY AND CHARLIE HAS GROWN. I'M HAVING A GOOD TIME SO FAR AND MISSING YOU TOO. THERE IS NO ONE HERE I CAN MAKE FUN OF. LOVE YOU LOADS, FRANKY XXXXXX

Message 2 : JUST MAKING SURE YOU GOT THERE OK? HOPE I HAVENT SCARED YOU WITH WOT I TOLD YOU THE OTHER DAY. CAN'T WAIT TO GET THAT BAND GOING. HURRY HOME. JAMES XXXX

She replied

I GOT HERE FINE THANKS JAMES AND NO YOU DIDN'T SCARE ME WITH WHAT YOU SAID BUT NOTHING HAS CHANGED. CAN'T WAIT TO GET THE BAND GOING TOO. C U SOON, FRANKY X

Message 3 : HI FRANKY. DID YOU HAVE A GOOD JOURNEY? AS SOON AS YOU GET BACK WE HAVE TO HAVE ONE OF OUR CHATS, I HAVE SOME NEWS FOR YOU. HOPE CHARLIE IS WELL. IT WOULD BE NICE TO MEET HIM ONE DAY, HAVE FUN AND SAY HELLO TO GERARD WHEN YOU SEE HIM. LOL HANNAH XXX

She replied:

HI HUNNY, I'M FINE BUT JOURNEY WAS BORING. WHAT ON EARTH HAVE YOU GOT TO TELL ME, I'VE NOT BEEN HERE THAT LONG, WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO? AND YES 'IF' I SEE GERARD I SHALL SAY HI TO HIM. TAKE CARE BABE, FRANKY XXX

Message 4 :

HI TITCH. JUST CHECKING YOU'RE DOING OK. IT'S CERTAINLY QUIET AROUND HERE WITHOUT YOU, THE LITTLE PERSON WITH LOADS OF NOISE. I HOPE YOU LIKED THE CD, PLEASE DON'T LET ANYONE ELSE HEAR IT. I STILL LOVE YOU AND I MISS YOU VERY MUCH. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. BILLIE J XXX

She replied:

I'M DOING FINE AND YES I IMAGINE ITS QUIET WITHOUT ME. THE CD WAS WONDERFUL. THANK YOU FOR THAT AND OF COURSE I WON'T TELL ANYONE. I MISS YOU TOO. FRANKY (TITCH) XX

And that was it, no more messages and nothing from Gerard.

Franky went up to bed her head was swimming. Having those texts realised she missed everyone so much. She thought again about her evening with Julia and Emily. They were such good people. Julia was a little like her mother, Franky knew she had the same values and Emily was like a little sister that she always wanted. She thought then about her mother and her lost baby brother Samuel. A tear came to her eye and she went to the journal that she had brought with her. She read the next part

Tre has gone now and I feel lost without him. Actually, he's only been gone for a short while but I have this sick feeling in my stomach. I know I'm going to see him again but I just don't know when. It's like my heart is breaking in two. There is nothing I can do.

***

When Tre got up that morning there was a note on his doorstep.

So Tre. You have one more payment to make. You were late with the payment so I had to write a little 'reminder' but oh dear it ended up in the wrong hands, Susan's hands, what a shame. I want that money this week Tre or ... well... you know... I don't have to say what's going to happen now do I?

Tre had an awful hangover and felt like shit and now this. That fucking bitch is going to pay thought Tre to himself.

***

When Mike got up first to make him and Jen a cup of coffee there was a letter on his doormat.

Hey Mike. I heard that Green Day are splitting up and it's all your doing. You've been fiddling the books haven't you Mike, taking money that isn't yours. I think you know who I am. If I don't get $20,000 before the end of the week I'm going to the papers but first you're pretty little wifey will get to hear about it. What a shame. Good old loveable kind Mike won't be so loveable after all. You know who this is, you know where I am. Get that money to me.

You fucking bitch thought Mike. You're going to pay for this he thought.

***

Billie saw the note on the mat as he came downstairs, bleary eyed as usual.

He opened it up.

Dear Billie Joe. Oh dear have we split up with the beautiful princess wife now, that's a shame, didn't see that one coming did you. Anyway, I have some wonderful pictures of the 'ex' with her 'lover'. What would the press make of it? If you don't get me $20,000 before the end of the week... well guess what's going to happen?

Fucking bitch thought Billie. You're going to pay for this.

London

"Franky it's two in the afternoon and you're still asleep!" said Charlie coming in to the bedroom.

"I'm not now, anyway I had a late night," said Franky rolling over to face him.

"Not that late. Come on lazy bones here's a cup of coffee for you," he said laying a mug on her bedside.

"Thanks," said Franky sitting up.

"How did it go last night?" asked Charlie sitting on the bed.

"It was great, what lovely people," said Franky.

"See I told you." Charlie said.

"Actually, I told them everything about Green Day. Emily was astounded. I like her she's like a little sis that I never had. I've invited them to California in the school holidays," she said reaching for her mug.

"That's great, are you sure about that?" He said.

"Yeah I felt they deserved it. They reminded me of my mum and myself at that age. I felt Julia could do with a little holiday, she works so hard. She's a lovely lady," said Franky.

"Yes she is. " blushed Charlie.

"Charlie? Is there something here I should know?" Said Franky amused.

"Its nothing," said Charlie.

"You like Julia?" she asked.

"No, not now," said Charlie not liking the direction this conversation was going in.

"Oh so you did once then." asked Franky.

"Once. A long time ago." He couldn't look at her now.

"When?" asked Franky not letting this one drop.

"Not that long ago, last year."

"When you were 17?"

"Yeah." Drop it now Franky.

"Please tell me you didn't. That's gross," she said.

"It wasn't actually," said Charlie

"She's much older than you. How old is she?" asked Franky.

"She's probably younger than you think. She was only just 16 when she had Emily."

"She's 29 then. That's quite old for a 17 year old boy isn't it?"

"I know but... she said I was mature. Look its embarrassing Franky. It was great though while it lasted. It was fabulous and I'll never forget it." He said.

"So.. why didn't it last?" she asked sipping her coffee.

"She was embarrassed and people started talking. Her parents stopped speaking to her."

"Actually... I'm not surprised," said Franky.

"Why?"

"The age gap." Suddenly Franky blushed and looked away.

"Oh and what have you gone all shy about?" said Charlie. "Come on, you said there was something you wanted to tell me. Is this finally going to be it?" he said.

"OK, but I don't think you're going to like it," said Franky.

"Don't be stupid, whatever you do doesn't shock me. Try me," said Charlie.

"It's just that, I slept with Billie." She almost cringed at herself telling him.

Charlie was quiet for a moment, and then he just got up off the bed and walked out the door.

"Fuck it!" Said Franky spilling hot coffee all over herself. He hates me now.

Five minutes later the door opened.

"This had better be good," said Charlie who didn't look very pleased.

"I think we're in for a long afternoon's chat," said Franky.

"You bet," said Charlie. "I don't believe that you did this to Adi," he said.

"But..." said Franky

"I think you have some explaining to do. I'll be downstairs." Then he was gone.

Franky quickly threw her robe on then joined Charlie on the sofa. He was watching Sky News and Franky saw a news bulletin come up on the screen.

"Hey go back to that a minute," she said turning to Charlie "please... its important."

"... The couple were found shot dead in their home just outside Berkeley, California in the early hours of yesterday morning. The victims, Sven Ludvigssen and Pamela Jones both 38 and from New York are said to have been wanted by police across the USA in connection with defrauding people out of hundreds of thousands of dollars... The police have taken into custody 3 suspects who could be connected to the shootings."