Sequel: Forever

You And Me Together

Runaway

I had to think.I couldn't just barge inside, or knock on the door. I told them I'd be back around 5, and it was only about 3. I bit my bottom lip, then pressed my back quietly against the door. I could hear them all laughing. I wanted to go inside, but I just couldn't. I didn't want them to ask what happened. I took a breath, and took my back away from the door. I shook my head, and walked down the walkway, and onto the sidewalk. Without thinking that they might see me through the giant window, I kept walking. Where, I had no idea. Away. But why was I walking away from my boyfriend? My friends? I guess it was just my emotinal girl side taking over my body for today.

"Where the hell am I?" I asked myself, looking around. I had lived in this town my whole life, but had no idea where I was. I pressed my lips together, and tried to think. There were trees surrounding me, and it was getting a little dark out. I looked at my cell phone. It was 9:35pm. Wait? I had been wandering around for 6 hours?! Then I could be anywhere? I could even be in Japan, and not realize I found a way there without a boat!

"Damnit." I muttered, stopping. I wasn't going any further. I wanted to be back home, in Joe's arms, with everyone laughing. Not alone, and cold in a creepy place I've never been before. I felt my phone ring, so I looked at the caller I.D. I smiled a little, and flipped it open.

Joe: Aly! Where are you?
Aly: I have no idea.
Joe: You're parents got back five hours ago, and thought you were with us, so they left for a while.
Aly: Yeah, I kinda wandered, and now I'm lost.
Joe: For 6 hours? Aly!
Aly:No, don't use that tone! It's only making me more scared.
Joe: Hold on, I'm going to see if I can find you.
Aly: Okay, all I know is I'm surrounded by trees.
Joe: Okay, stay on the phone. I'm just getting in the jeep now.
Aly: Okay.
Aly: ... Joe? You still there?

I pulled my phone away from my ear, and groaned. Of course, it just had to die now. I put it in my pocket, and held my back against a tree. It was probably just getting later out, and I'm sure everyone was pretty worried about me. But I'm almost wondering why they didn't call earlier?

"Crap." I whispered to myself, and slide down, feeling my rear touch the ground. More than ever, I want to be home now. I was glad it was summer, and not winter though. I rubbed my arms, in an attempt to stay warm. It was still cool during the nights.

---

I looked at my watch, and noticed it was almost midnight. I pressed my lips together. Maybe Joe couldn't find me, I was to far away? Or maybe my parents told him that they'd look in the morning. I pulled my knees up to my chest.

"Aly!" I heard someone shout. I perked my head up, looking around.

"... Joe?" I asked, standing up. I heard footsteps running towards me.

"Aly!" I heard Joe shout. I grinned, and started looking around to see if I could see him. I saw a shadow, so I looked to see who it belonged to. I ran at him, jumping into his arms, and wrapped my legs around his waist. I knew he was smirking. But come on, I was scared!

"Aly, are you alright?" He asked, wrapping his arms around me. I unwrapped my legs, and felt them touch the ground. He kept his arms safely around me, keeping me warm.

"I am now." I whispered. He pulled away enough to look at me.

"Why did you run off? You're as bad as a little kid!" He exclaimed. I looked down, then back at him.

"I didn't mean to. I ran out of the office as soon as the appointment started..." I sighed, and took a breath.

"Yeah, your parents filled me in on that." He smirked. I smiled.

"And when I was going to go into your house, I... I don't know. I didn't want everyone asking why I was back so early, so I decided to take a little walk, and I ended up here." I said. He pushed his lips to my cheek.

"It's okay. You're safe now. By the way, did you know you made it into the next town that's really only 30 minutes away?" He chuckled. I giggled.

"Then how come it took you so long to get here?" I asked. He wrapped his arm around my waist, and pulled me beside him to start walking.

"I had to search for you, didn't I?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, thank you. And I didn't hang up on you, my phone died." I said. He turned to me, grinning.

"Your welcome." He said, backing me into a tree. I pressed my lips onto his, and felt my cheeks turn red, and my lips go numb.

---

"Alyssa! We were worried sick about you!" My mother shouted as Joe and I entered the house. My mom, dad, Arianna, Claire, Katie, Nick, Kevin, and Paul were all at my house. I guess Denise was home incase Frankie woke up. It was now 2:24am in the morning. Yes, it took us a while to get back to the jeep.

"Sorry." I whined, knowing I wasn't getting off the hook that easily.

"Aly! You had us all worried!" Claire exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air for a dramatic effect.

"She got lost." Joe smirked. I saw Katie roll her eyes.

"I started walking, until I looked up, and I was surrounded by trees, and it was 9." I said, looking down. I heard my dad groan.

"Alyssa, we thought something horrible happened to you!" He said. I bit my tongue, making myself flinch.

"I got lost! Doesn't that count?" I asked. He frowned. I looked down. I wanted to just go to bed, start a new day! I was tired!

"Hey Aly, what happened to your arm?" Nick asked, pointing to my left arm. I looked at it. It was dripping with blood. And yet, I just noticed that.

"Uhh, I have no idea." I said, looking at it from a different angle.

"I guess it must've happened when I slid against the tree." I said, looking at my other arm. Sure enough, that one was also damaged. Not as bad, but still pretty bad.

"Eww. Let's clean it." Claire said, grabbing my wrist and pulling me into the kitchen. I noticed that EVERYONE followed us. She grabbed a dishrag from the drawer, wet it, then started mopping my arms.

"Careful! This is my arm, not a stained carpet!" I announced. She smirked a little.

"Sorry little miss run-a-way." She said, rinsing out the rag.

"Can someone get some bandages?" She asked, still looking at my arm. That girl would make a good nurse. Nick turned around, and jogged into the main floors bathroom. He came out holding some.

"Thank you." Claire said, accepting them, and tying them around my arms.

"Thank you." I said, smiling. She sighed, and brushed hair out of her face.

"Can we please all go to our houses, and sleep? I'm tired!" Arianna whined. I looked at her, agreeing. I mean, I didn't mind if everyone stayed, but I wanted to sleep.

"Sounds good, we'll see you all tomorrow." Paul said. I looked at Joe, and walked over to him.

"Thank you again Joe." I said, wrapping my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around my waist, and kissed me.

"You're welcome." He said.I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
I loved this chapter.
Don't ask why.
Comments = Updates

-Echo [Ash]