Status: Completed and under Revision

Life Sucks but Love Bites

21

Reece’s POV

"Now remember Danyelle there are guidelines you need to follow when you're on the newscast team. First of all, never leave a fellow newscaster behind; you never know which one is carrying the snickers bars, second always pee before we go out filming; you don't want to be caught with your pants down while kneeling over their kitchen sink, and most important never take pictures with the subjects while they’re sleeping unless we're both in the picture together so that when we post it on our Facebook accounts it matches."

Danyelle kind of looked at me like I was a little insane, started to laugh, and then said "So who is carrying the snickers tonight?"

"Who do you think lackey?" I said as I unlocked my front door. After pocketing my keys I made my way inside and Danyelle followed behind me. Even though I didn’t see Danyelle’s expression I knew that she was surprised. My mom was the top molecular biologist in the United States and my dad was a mechanical engineer, so my family does pretty well. Danyelle was so caught up in how big and fancy everything was that I had to drag her into the living room.

“But wait I wasn’t done looking!” She pouted.

“Sure you were.” I set my bag on the coffee table and pushed Danyelle onto the couch. “Now stay here for a second so I can go get some equipment.”

“Equipment? For the Ms. Gross story?” She asked as she settled herself into the couch.

I sighed dramatically. “Don’t tell me you forgot rule number one already.”

“I didn’t forget. It was never leaving your partner behind.”

“Because you never know who’s carrying the snickers bars.” I finished. “Where do you think we get the snickers bars from?”

Her mouth formed in a big ‘oh’ as she remembered about the candy. “Is that all we are here for?”

I glared at her for being ridiculous but then I realized that she was still a newbie. Of course she wouldn’t know about all the equipment that we would need for this mission. “No I have to get the cameras that we are going to be leaving there as well as a few other knick knacks.”

“Okay, sorry.” She said. I turned around and started walking away. “Can I looked around whi-

“No.”

“But why not?”

“My parents are loaded as you can tell and all this stuff is some pretty pricy junk. I don’t want you to break anything so just stay on the couch.”

I could hear her over exaggerated sigh as I made my way upstairs to my room and started collecting supplies. Truthfully I didn’t think Danyelle would actually break anything in the house and if she did… my parents were loaded they could replace it. The real reason was that I didn’t want her snooping around.

Speaking of snooping, where the hell was my brother?

I thought about what day it was then smiled. He must being hanging out with the boys today. That means that after I plant the cameras with Danyelle I can finally enjoy some peace and quiet while experimenting. I would be in a middle of a breakthrough and suddenly that dumbass would come in ruining all of my hard work. It wasn’t that I hated my step-brother it was just that…he was annoying as hell. I smiled to myself at all the projects I would be able to finish now that he would be out of the way. Doing experiments was a massive bonus to being a newscaster, because once you discovered that someone had made a Taser out of a disposable camera you want to know all the details. On the odd chance that I don’t get all the information out of the people I would have to discover the secrets by myself.

Danyelle’s scream echoed through the halls. Automatically I dropped all of my gadgets and started running out the door. Subconsciously I must have thought to bring some kind of weapon because clenched in my hand was a hardcover book. I leapt over the railing when I got closer to the end of the stairs and sprinted for the living room. When I arrived Danyelle’s screams were muffled by fur.

“Stop it ha-ha that tickles!” She tried to dodge but the animal pushed through and licked her cheek. Her giggles erupted from underneath the giant mass.

I threw my book at the mutt and it hit him right in the back of the head. He yelped out at the unsuspecting attack. “Aiden get down!”

Instantly he was off of her, and now was sitting on the floor with a growl in my direction. I dismissed it and looked back over at Danyelle who innocently had her hands up in the air. “I didn’t leave the couch.”

I grinned back at her. “I know you didn’t.” I glared back at the mutt. “I’m sorry about him.”

She shook her head as she sat up and looked at the mutt. A child like smile appeared on her face as she petted the top of his head. “It’s okay I love dogs.” He looked over at her for giving him attention. He was panting and wagging his tail in seconds. “Is he yours?”

I made my way over to the couch and leaned against the armrest. I glared down at the mutt. “No he’s my step-brother’s.”

She stopped scratching his ear and looked over at me. “I didn’t know you had a brother. What’s his name?”

“Aiden.”

Her eyebrows shot up as she looked back over to the dog. “But that’s his name isn’t it?”

“My brother is an egotistical moron.”

“Really?”

I nodded. “Yeah it can’t be helped.” I looked over to him with a sneer. If he peed on the carpet again I was going to get him fixed. “Now that I think about it I should probably let him out into the back yard.”

“Does he run away?”

“Nope, we have a couple of acres that go back into the woods that are fenced off.” I patted my hand to my thigh and Aiden came running. From the way he kept giving her glances I could tell that he didn’t want to leave her side but I had a job to do so I couldn’t watch him. After I let him outside I went back upstairs and gathered the equipment then headed back to Danyelle. I made sure to lock up the house before I left and we both got into my Jeep.

"This is so funny are we actually sneaking into Ms. Gross's house to watch her mole? What if she's at home?"

"Danyelle do you honestly think that I would be stupid enough to drive all the way out to a house if I wasn't a hundred percent sure she wasn't home? Ms. Gross has previous engagements that will keep her away all night."

"What?"

"Well first, I paid Tim Shirley twenty bucks to fail his test so he would have to stay after school and talk to Ms. Gross, then after detention Ms. Gross will have to race her buns of steel off to get to her date with her gay boyfriend, Tristan Menisci, whose secretly cheating on her with her gay ex Damien Transom."

"How do you know he's gay?"

"You really want to know?"

She shook her head 'no'.

“Okay so here’s the plan, we sneak through the window, find her room, place the camera, then haul ass out the front door.” I informed her.

“Okay, this is going to be so much fun. Finally everyone will know the truth about Ms. Gross’s moving mole.”

“I know I’m excited too. We’ll be making high school history.”

Currently Danyelle and I were driving to our teachers house to see the mole that everyday migrates to a different side of her face. We were trying to figure out if that was because she wore a make-up mole and didn’t remember where she put it the last day or if the mole was like another appendage to her body of her face that moved with a will of its own.

“I don't really care about that. So she dated two gay guys? Wow. That sucks.” Danyelle sympathized.

“She attracts a lot of flaming homos. I don’t see how she doesn’t notice, I mean their all so good looking and she’s well Ms. Gross.

We pulled my Jeep up into the side yard, simultaneously killed the lights. While getting out of my vehicle I completely walked right into the side of the house. It was dark okay, I couldn’t see. The moon wasn’t even out, but luckily when my face slammed into the house it was close enough to have the window fly opened.

Probably something Ms. Gross should get looked at.

“Okay so how do we open the window?” Danyelle was coming around the corner of my car, hands fully extended in front of her like a zombie because she couldn’t see shit either.

“It’s okay. I already took care of it. Now we just have to put these cameras in her room.” I jumped through the window and Danyelle followed, loudly. Her foot got caught on the window sill and she landed in a heap on the floor and started laughing.

“Oh my God Ms. Gross has unicorns in her bedroom, what kind of hell hole are we in?” She laughed in between each word.

Over on the opposite wall was a shrine of stuffed unicorns, unicorn paintings, and unicorn tea sets. I would have never pictured Ms. Gross as a tea drinker.

Freak,

While Danyelle was having her fit of laughter I walked over to Ms. Gross’s dresser and grabbed my bag of cameras. Carefully I placed one on her dresser and that's when Danyelle saw me and got up.

“Where do you want me to put the next camera?”

“Here” I handed her one of the practically invisible cameras “put this over her bed, I’m going to go put some on her mirrors.” I walked out of the room and into the bathroom and placed a few of the cameras on the mirror facing the bedroom. I walked back into the bedroom a found Danyelle jumping on the bed, hand out stretched up to the ceiling, trying the place the camera.

“Danyelle you only weigh like a hundred pounds. There is no way you are ever going to reach the ceiling like that.”

“Well… (Bounce)...then how… (Bounce)…do you suggest…. (Bounce)…we put… (Bounce)…it here?” She asked never breaking her jumping pace.

“Simple.” I jumped up on the bed as she was coming down which caused her to leap up just high enough to place the camera on the ceiling. Then after the camera was placed I grabbed one of Ms. Gross’s pillows and swung it at Danyelle who proceeded to screech and grab her own pillow then hit me with it. Our pillow battle lasted only until my pillow ripped open and spewed all of its feathers onto the ground. Danyelle dropped her pillow and started to grab frantically at the feathers.

“We’re so screwed. No way are we ever going to get all of these picked up.” She whined.

“Well then let’s get out of here before she gets home, I don’t want to be here when all hell breaks loose because her unicorns look like chickens.”

“We can’t just leave all of these feathers here! She’ll know someone was in here.”

“Sure we can, you’d be amazed at how stupid some people are.” Instead of walking to the front door like I had originally planned we decide to jump back through the window. We than made our way back to the jeep, laughing the entire way there. Without the moon it was so freaking dark that I couldn’t see my own freaking hand in front of my face. Danyelle and I literally stumbled into my car and left.

***

“What, Trevor wears Tinkerbelle underwear? I don’t believe it.” Danyelle laughed.

“Not just underwear but thongs, Tinkerbelle thongs.” I’d had found that out with a little trip through the boys locker room a week earlier.

“Trevor Cominski in a Tink thong, I never thought I’d see the day.”

“Oh but you will Danyelle, you and I will be doing a special on it, 'School Player: Bearing it all'

We both erupted in fits of laughter.

“God this news casting is so different than what I thought it would be. I mean I never expected it to be this much fun or to find out that the perv we all know and hate wears Disney fairies and string underwear?” Danyelle chuckled and we both started laughing again.

“I know and how often do you get to break into a teacher’s hou-“

*Bam! Bam! Boom!*

The side of my car had been rammed as we were on our way to Danyelle’s house. Automatically I sobered and looked into the side mirrors. I saw nothing but pitch black night time. I was not in the mood for this crap tonight. We swerved into off the road and in between a few trees before I was able to get the car under control again.

“What just happened?” Danyelle asked in a panic stricken voice.

“When I get home I’m going t-“

*Bam!*

This time we were hit from the other side, and Danyelle screamed. Whoever this dog was he was so dead for messing with my jeep. He was going to be in for a surprise after I got Danyelle home. As Danyelle continued screaming I pushed my foot completely down on the gas petal and picked up some major speed, we only had a few more miles to her house.

*Bam!*

“If these idiots put a dent in my car I’m going to kick their ass. It’s too dark for anyone to be pulling this shit.”

Wait… it was too dark for this, what in the hell was ramming into my car?

This time I saw it approaching my car, and as it was starting to ram me again. I swerved into the woods and spend the rest of the ride to Danyelle's house darting in between trees.

“Danyelle when we get to your house I want you to run up into your room and stay there until I call you.”

“What? You’re driving back to your house with some idiot crashing into you. I’ll tell Victor to deal with whoever it is. ” She said.

“Danyelle, I’ll be fine. Just don't come back outside until I call you okay!” I exclaimed.

“Fine, but I’m telling you my brother could take care of this. No wait scratch that Victor would just fall flat on his ass. Vanessa could take care of this, she's better-”

*Boom!*

Okay that one was my fault. I just smoked a branch.

I swerved onto the road and quickly pulled into Danyelle’s yard and then into her driveway without another encounter from our little hooligans. She flew out of my jeep with speed I didn't think she had, and then ran into her house without anyone seeing her. I think driving through the wood’s slowed whoever it was down a bit.

I put my jeep in four wheel drive and got back on the road. Whatever it was it would find me soon enough. I hadn’t been driving very long when they did. And this time I saw them coming from both sides. They tried to ram me at the same time from both directions but as they charged I slammed on my breaks and the only thing they hit was each other.

I pulled off the side of the road and got out. To a normal person they would have looked like two well-built pale guys, but I’m not normal. I knelt down and flipped one of the bodies. I took out my cell phone and used it to shined light on his face. Normally someone with this pale of a completion was extremely sick but with at the speed he and his cohort where running to keep up with my jeep that was obviously not the case.

Now why would anyone normal be able to keep up with my jeep?

Or my driving for that matter?

I suppose it was time for me to do a little testing. I smiled as I put my phone back into my pocket.

I do love experiments.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was hoping to make the writing a little different since I don't normally do one in Reece's Perspective. I hope you liked it!! Please comment or message me about what you think. Thank you!!!