Status: Completed and under Revision

Life Sucks but Love Bites

26

Vanessa’s POV

Imagine walking into a room and finding your parents having sex, and you were so horrified at the scene that you couldn’t look away. Well that’s exactly how I felt right now. Reece and Danyelle were carefully dragging Vic’s coffin to a hole they had dug in the ground. What was even worse was that Vic, trapped inside the tightly chained coffin, was asleep and complete clueless as to what was happening.

As soon as Reece and Danyelle had lowered the coffin into the ground they picked up their shovels and buried it. It wasn’t until they had leveled the ground that I snapped out of my state.

“What are you guys doing?” I yelled.

Danyelle jumped at my unexpected appearance while Reece waved at me like she had known I was there the whole time. Angered by her nonchalant attitude I ended up stomping my way over to them.

“Why did you bury Vic?” I questioned.

Reece tossed the shovel over her shoulder and started walking. “We wanted to see if he could get out.”

Dumbfounded by her reply I followed her and Danyelle back into the house. “What?”

Danyelle bumped my elbow with hers. “Both Reece and I are curious as to what a vampire can and can’t do, so we are conducting experiments to figure it out.”

She took the lead and led Reece and I to the kitchen sink where they washed their dirty hands.

“You know you guys could have asked me.”

Danyelle looked over her shoulder wide eyed. “I thought you wouldn’t answer us-

“Where’s the fun in asking?” Reece interrupted. She wiped her hands off on a nearby towel then tossed it to Danyelle. “Besides it gives Danyelle and me something to do.”

I folded my arms across my chest and looked back at Danyelle. “You’re okay with putting Vic in the ground?”

Innocently she smiled over at me. “My conscious is clean.”

I found myself laughing at her answer then after I held my hands up in surrender. “Fine do what you like I won’t interfere,” I leaned up against the counter. “I’ll let you have your fun on three conditions.”

Reece took a step closer and cocked her chin. “Name them.”

I counted off my fingers. “One is that you can’t do your experiments on me,”

“But we wanted to compare a rouge to a pureblood.” Danyelle whined.

“Two is that I will deny seeing, hearing, or being a part of any of them.”

Reece tapped her finger against the inside of her elbow. “And the third?”

“Is that because you are choosing to find the answers out yourselves I will not answer any of your questions.”

She nodded her head. “That’s reasonable.”

“Good so we have a deal?” I extended my hand towards hers. She looked down at my hand smiled and then clasped it in hers.

“Deal.”

Vic’s POV

I stretched inside of my coffin. Normally I kept it in my room as a reminder to what I was but recently I found the tight space comforting. Thanks to Vanessa I was starting to accept everything that came with being a vampire. Speaking of her I reached for my phone hidden underneath my pillow and checked the time.

“Shit it’s already noon.” Vanessa was going to be here any second and I was still lying around. Just the thought of seeing her again made my heart drum against my chest. Automatically I went and pushed up on the lid of the coffin. Surprisingly enough the damn thing didn’t move. Maybe it’s just a fluke in my vampire strength. This time I used my entire upper body to push on the lid but still the damn thing didn’t budge.

Angered by this I punched my fist through the lid. Dirt slipped in through the hole and started to fill my coffin.

“What the hell.” Why was dirt falling down on me? Was I buried alive?

Vanessa’s POV

We were all sitting in the kitchen drinking green tea when Vic stomped in. Dirt, roots, and grass clung onto the man in every possible place. If his icy blue eyes hadn’t been glowing with anger I probably wouldn’t have recognized that it was him. I couldn’t help but smile at his appearance. Even though he was covered in dirt and completely pissed off he looked absolutely adorable. His eyes were trained on me as I got up from my seat and walked over to him laughing lightly. As soon as I was close enough to him I reached my hand up and shook some of the dirt out of his hair.

Instead of seeing any amusement in his appearance he smacked my hand away from his hair and folded his arms over his chest.

“What kind of training exercise was that?” He yelled.

Confused by his accusation I took a step back. “What-

He consumed the distance between us and grabbed onto my biceps. “You think it was fun to break out of my coffin and dig my way out? Newsflash it fucking sucked! I got shit in my eyes and now my coffin is stuck underground filled with dirt.”

I glared up at him. “You really think I would bury you alive?”

He looked down at me for a moment longer before his glared turned on Reece and Danyelle. “It was you two?”

Danyelle shrugged her shoulders. “Well if we would have known you would have been such a baby about it we wouldn’t have done it.”

Reece sneered over at Vic. “Coffins belong in the ground. It’s not our fault you were stupid enough to sleep in one.”

“I’m embracing my vampire side!” Vic whined.

“Uh Vic, vampires don’t sleep in coffins.”

He paused for a moment before he exploded. “Are you kidding me? Why didn’t you say anything before?”

“I just assumed that you liked to sleep in tight places or something I don’t know.”

His groaned filled the room. “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“Sorry.”

Vic dismissed my apology. “Whatever that still doesn’t explain why they had to bury me.”

I shrugged my shoulders. “They want to run a few tests or something on vampires to find out what we can and can’t do.”

His gripped tightened on my arms. “So you knew that they were going to be burying me?”

“Well I didn’t actually-

He shook me slightly. “You knew and you let them do it anyways?”

He pushed me away from him and turned around to leave. “Victor will you hold on and let me finish-

“I have to go take a shower because I was buried alive!” Vic yelled as he made his way up the stairs.

Anger pulsed through my veins as I heard the shower start up. I was so upset that he had refused to listen to me that I was shaking. That dumbass.

Reece took an obnoxiously loud slurp of her tea before clanking it down on the table. “Well you two communicate well.”

I spat at her sarcastic tone and made my way back over to the table to sit down. “Shut up.”

She laughed at my tune. “Oh come on Vanessa, Vic just had a temper tantrum over a little dirt you have to find some kind of amusement in that.”

I glared at her over the table. “You’re planning on doing something worse aren’t you?”

A giant grin broke across her face and Danyelle laughed. “Maybe,”

I rolled my eyes at the two of them but couldn’t suppress a smile. Those two were something else.

***Next Day at School***

Vic avoided me as much as humanly possible at school. If it had been any other guy I would have shrugged it off and got over it, but Victor wasn’t any other guy. I watched him as he left his classroom and walked down the hall without even glancing in my direction. My chest felt tight at his neglect. I was really hoping he wasn’t going to be holding a grudge against me for too much longer. I shook my head at the thought. Obviously I was getting worked up over nothing Vic would come around…sooner or later. I walked over to my locker to grab my backpack when something in the hallway caught my eye. Danyelle was standing in the middle of the almost empty hallway looking through her bag. Automatically I smiled and started to wave her over to me when she let out a shriek and jumped about halfway up in the air.

"Oh you like that baby doll?" Trevor said as he came out from behind Danyelle. He reached out a long tan hand and tried to grab her ass again. Danyelle smacked his hand away.

"No I don't enjoy sexual harassment ass-wipe." Danyelle said in a snippy tone. “Touch me again and I’ll tell everyone the real size of your dick.”

Mentally shocked by the change of events I stood where I was and gawked.

"Why you little bitch!" Trevor yelled.

I was going to intervene but Reece beat me to the punch, quite literally. She popped out of nowhere and smashed her fist into Trevor's stomach which sent him tumbling to the floor.

"Did you just call my friend a bitch?" Reece said as she knelt down next to him and placed her fists on her knees.

Trevor moaned in reply and held his stomach.

"That's what I thought," She smirked

"How'd you get here so fast?" Danyelle asked.

"I could hear you curse half way down the hall, Ass-wipe that's a nice one." She smirked and looked over at Danyelle who was kneeling down at Trevor's feet examining his shoes. "What are you doing?"

"I think these are in Vic's size."

Reece looked down at Trevor's skinny pants and smiled devilishly. "I always wanted a pair of skinny jeans." She then made her way to his feet after Danyelle had taken off his shoes and yanked his pants off. She held them up and giggled slightly.

Danyelle held up the shoes, "I got Vic's birthday present!" than ran down the hallways laughing evilly with Reece behind her.

Trevor was still down on the ground in pain with only his boxers and shirt on when Vic passed by. "Poor sap- Hey Tinker Bell boxers!" He yelled as he got down on the ground and tried yanking them off him, but by now Trevor was back to normal and was fighting to keep his boxers on. "Dude let go you’re going to rip them!" Vic yelled. Of course we all know who won in this tug a war battle. Vic yanked the boxers off Trevor. "Yes," Vic yelled victoriously. "I always wanted a pair of tinker bell boxers! I'm going to go try them on." He then ran away in the same direction as Danyelle and Reece.

I bit my lower lip as I started to follow them. Of course I couldn't resist passing by Trevor and seeing him completely naked from the waist down. He covered himself between his legs with his eyes wide as I passed by.

"You know you want some of this." He asked.

I howled out a laugh, pulled out my phone and took a picture. "This is so going in the year book.” I shook my head as I walked out of the school.

Reece's POV

"Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way
Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space"

I turned down the volume of my radio when the song ended. We had just finished broadcasting our latest story on Ms. Gross migrating mole and I was now driving her home. I had to hand it to Danyelle for doing so well introducing the story she was really starting to get the hang of the gig.

"You have to hand it to Hinder, they did an excellent rendition of this song, far better than the first one."

"Are you on crack Danyelle, Steppenwolf is like Zeus to Hinder's Hercules. Both are legendary but only one is a god."

"What are talking about? This is current music, not some old people who walked around in togas."

"Danyelle, Steppenwolf did this song in like the 1960's, it's not all that current. Plenty of bands have redone it since then. Let's not forget ACDC."

"Ahh yes, ACDC, now they know how to play a song."

"Agreed. Discussion adjourned."

"Hey speaking of Hinder, did you score us those tickets for Saturday's concert?"

"Ch-yeah, why?" I asked.

"Remember how you had taken those molds from those vampires that you had captured? Well we could put them to good use by wearing them to the concert. Think about it Reece we could scare the crap out of a bunch of kids."

I smiled. "That'd be SWEET! Defiantly a must do for the concert.”

She nodded. “That’s what I’m saying. We should probably break them in before then right?”

“Yeah I don’t want my gums to get sore. Tell you what we’ll swing by my house first and then head back over to yours to play some pranks on your bro.”

Danyelle grinned and shrugged her shoulders. “I’m game.”

I turned my Jeep around and started driving to my house. When I reached it I quickly got out of my car and ran up to my room.

And this is what I walked into, my brother Aiden strutting the length of my room to my full length mirror listening to 'I'm too sexy'. What made it even weirder was when he reached the mirror he took a seat on the floor and started making cat noises. Completely shocked by this I almost failed to notice that he was wearing my vampire teeth.

As I sat there watching him he turned towards the mirror meowed loudly as he raised his hand to scratch his reflection. He caught sight of me in the mirror and hissed.

"Cat woman take my teeth out now!" I screamed.

He licked the back of his hand. “No.”

“Damn it Aiden I don’t have time for this. Danyelle is already waiting for me in the car so hurry up and give them to me so I can disinfect them.”

Aiden cocked his eyebrow. "Oh these are Danyelle's teeth." He then purred softly,

A little bit annoyed now I stomped into the room. Aiden went back into the corner and hissed as he extended his hand like a claw. I wrestled him to the ground with fist flying. Instead of fighting back like a normal man he insisted on staying in character and kept making cat noises. When I got the fangs out of his mouth I quickly disinfected them and ran back into the Jeep.

"What took you so long?" Danyelle asked.

"I had to go disinfect the teeth." I started the jeep.

"Why?"

I shook my head. "You don't want to know."

***

Vanessa's POV

As soon as Danyelle got home she went up to her room with Reece. The only reason I was there was because I had just come by to drop off some more blood for Vic. Their sudden urgency caught my interest and I decided to follow them. When I opened up the door to Danyelle’s room I was stunned to see Recce holding a bottle of water with a rosary wrapped around it. She had her head bent forward and was mumbling some kind of prayer. Was she making holy water?

“Guys what are you up to?” Reece glared over at me as she continued the prayer.

When she was done Danyelle answered. “We are going to see if holy water affects vampires.”

I rolled my eyes and sighed. “You two know that Vic is still pissed at your first experiment. Don’t you think he should get over that one before you try another?”

Reece laughed at my suggestion. “All of these experiments will force him to man up, you know grow some hair on that chest of his.”

Danyelle smiled at Reece and that’s when I saw the sharp teeth sticking out of her mouth. My breath caught in my throat. Before I could even get worked up about it Reece snapped her fingers to get my attention.

"V, their only moldings,” To prove her point she spat hers out and displayed them.

“Why do you have those?”

She popped the teeth back in and explained. “We are going to a Hinder concert this weekend and we thought it would be the perfect opportunity to try these babies out. At first I was a little worried that they would look to unrealistic but if it was enough to make you think they were real than this concert is going to rock!"

I let out a sigh as Reece smiled showing off her own fake fangs. I rolled my eyes heavenwards and leaned against the wall. One of these days they were going to give me a heart attack. I continued to chat with them as they blessed some other random things. They were packing up all of their equipment in their book bags when a familiar chill ran up my spine. Goosebumps formed on my arms and my breathing became slower in spite of my racing heart. A weight dropped into the pit of my stomach, no this can’t be happening.

I glanced back over to my friends; their backs were turned so they hadn’t noticed my sudden change in mood. Careful not to raise their suspicion that something was wrong I pushed myself away from the wall and exited the room. Quietly I closed the door behind me and then tried to conceal my shaking hands from his sight. The man that I feared most in the world was standing right in front of me.

"Prince Winden," I spoke lightly as I bowed respectfully.

I could feel his sickening green eyes trained on me, processing every action and emotion that I made. I stayed low until his chilling voice haunted the air.

"Good evening love, I must say I’m a bit surprised to find you in a place like this.” He tilted his head to the side and made a show of sniffing the air. A twisted smile grew on his face and I could feel every muscle in my body tighten. “A very interesting place you’ve run off to.”

I started to crouch down into a defensive position. I didn’t know how he had found this place or why he was here but there was no way in hell I was going to let him get anywhere near Danyelle or Reece. The door knob behind me clanked from being turned and slowly, as if in a horror movie, opened to show Danyelle and Reece.

The tension in the air crackled and hissed but I held my ground. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Reece grab Danyelle's hand and drag her over to Winden. What the hell was she doing! As soon as Reece was positioned in front of him she lifted her head up high and smiled brightly showcasing her fangs. My heart rate quickened as I watched Winden's expression. The man was pissed as he stared down at her pearly white fangs. He growled in frustration and glared over at me.

“Where are your human friends?”

I stood up straight and looked at him questionably. “Human friend? I don’t have any.”

He bared his fangs at me and growled. Reece took a step away from the angry vampire and pulled Danyelle behind her. Winden caught the action and growled at her. "What clan are you from?"

Reece's eyes widened. "Umm… we're from t-the Canadian tribe." She than bowed just as I had and yanked Danyelle down to follow her lead. "My lord,"

He looked down at her with disgust. "Why do you smell like a mortal?"

"Ahh…I just ate my lunch … before I came here. A hot little fourteen year old."

"You chose your meals by appearances?" He frowned.

"No… I mean, his blood was hot. Umm, just came out of a Mexican restaurant. Umm, squisito."

Winden eyebrow rose. "Isn't that Italian?"

"Umm, yes it was an Italian boy eating at a Mexican restaurant."

"I see," Winden spoke lightly. He suddenly caught sight of Danyelle and instantly smiled. "Who might you be?" He took a step closer to her and lightly touched her chin with his fingertips.

Reece was quick to yank her out of his reach. She then whispered in her ear, "Ex-nay on the guy-ay."

"Ohh! You speak Canadian!" Danyelle exclaimed.

Quick to come up with a sudden excuse Recce yelled, "Umm, we have to go your highness. She has…a doctor's appointment."

"Doctor's appointment, whatever for?"

"I have a doctor's appointment?" Danyelle whispered in Reece's ear.

"Yes! A doctor's appointment, remember for that one part in the thing…"

"What?" Winden questioned.

Danyelle was suddenly staring at Winden's mouth and I think she finally realized who she was talking too. Her face paled as she tightened her grip on Reece's hand.

"Umm… we have to go." Reece said tugging Danyelle's stiff body.

Winden's expression was deadly as he extended his hand to Danyelle. "Come stay with me," He commanded.

Danyelle's eyes widened.

"To the doctor's!" Reece yelled.

Winden grabbed Danyelle's arm. "Why is she going?" He glared at Reece now.

"Umm… she's getting a….sex change. That's it!"

"Vampires can't get a sex change." Winden growled.

Danyelle's eyes widened again, "You mean I can't kiss girls without be called a lesbian?" She finally started to play along with Reece.

"Look what you did," Reece said to Winden. "Shooting her dream down like that."

But Winden wasn't listening instead his eyes grew murky as he gazed at Danyelle. "You can kiss all the girls you want sweetheart." He purred.

Eww!

"I am not having a three some with Danyelle." I spoke loudly enough to grab his attention as Reece and Danyelle inched towards the stairs.

Winden turned quickly around and tried to grab Danyelle again.

"Don't worry Danyelle I'll take you to the….thing at the place with… the person." Reece said.

"What?" Winden asked.

"Oh yes it very popular now. Umm we're supposed to be there at seven."

"It's eight," he stated.

"Damn it we're late!" Reece tugged Danyelle so hard that she almost fell on her way down the stairs. “We’ll meet you there later Vanessa.”

I smiled as a huge amount of pressure was lifted off of me. Thanks to Reece’s quick thinking and excellent observation skills she had been able to assess the situation and adjust fittingly to it. Now that they were both gone I could deal with Winden properly. He turned towards me with confusion in his eyes.

"Where are they going?"

Shit!

"Umm… the place is a club…. The person is what they call the new owner and… The thing is only the best drink ever! It just opened up…today!"

"Is that so?"

I nodded violently.

He then turned back to me and took a step closer. "Do you want to know why I followed you here?" I swallowed then nodded. "One of my trackers informed me that you were befriending a human and secretly meeting a mortal male!"

I thought back on the night Reece had learned about vampires. She had said that one of them had gotten away, if only I could recall his name now I might be able to save us.

Mason, Jason, Ace!

"Oh you mean that perverted tracking vampire Ace. The one who grabbed my ass and said that if I didn't sleep with him he was going to tell you that I was sleeping with a mortal. I told him to fuck off and that must have been when he came to you." My heart was racing in my chest.

Anger seeped out of the man in waves. If he didn’t believe in my little lie I was going to have to fight him. My knees quaked from under me just thinking about it. I don’t think I would be able to win a fight against this man. He ran his hand through his hair and sighed deeply. “Well then I suppose it’s a good thing I already dealt with him.”

He smiled over at me as he advanced. Slowly he brought his knuckles up to my cheek and ran it across the bone. “I have to go now darling but I’ll be back again soon to settle all of these rumors. Maybe next time I’ll catch you with your human lover.” He took my hand and pressed his lips lightly against my fingers. Disgust traveled up my spine as he smiled evilly and left.

My heart hammered against my chest until I heard the front door slam shut. As soon as he was gone I felt so relieved that I fell down to my knees. I wrapped my arms around my body and started to shake. Winden was coming very close to learning about Victor. Already he knew that I was seeing someone and even found out where he lived, even if he hadn’t realized it yet. I leaned down trembling until I rested my forehead against the floor. Soon he would uncover everything and when that happened Vic’s life would be at stake.

The fear of losing him was suddenly pressing down on me. So much so that it became hard to breath. I shot up off the floor and ran down the hall. I couldn’t lose him. When I reached Vic’s room I kicked open the door.

He was standing next to his bed with his music turned up. He looked like he was about to yell at me for breaking into his room when he caught my expression.

“Vanessa,” His icy blue eyes were filled with worry and confusion. Vic lifted his arms out towards me and gestured me over.

I closed the distance between us and threw myself into his arms. This was exactly what I needed. I wrapped my arms around his waist and cried into his chest. His warm embrace soothed my tortured mind making me cry even harder. What was I going to do if he died in this fight? How was I supposed to live on without him?

His strong dependable fingers danced through my hair then onto my back. Even though he didn’t understand what was going on inside of me he was still trying to comfort me as best he could.

I shivered at his touch, “Victor,”

“Shh, it’s okay I’m here, I’m here.” He leaned down to my ear and whispered sweet and comforting words until my tears slowed.

When that happened I looked up into his beautiful blue eyes. His loving gaze warmed me down to my toes. Vic lifted his hands up to my face and wiped away my remained tears. I leaned into his caring touch then turned to kiss his palm. The fear of losing him still gripped my heart. The thought of losing this man made me crazy. I wouldn’t be able to live without hearing the sound of his voice, the feel of his skin against mine, or even his icy glares. I couldn’t go on without him anymore because; I tightened my grip on his hand, I was in love with this man.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took a hot second to update I havent been feeling so great lately. Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed. Please leave a comment any feedback is great!