Status: Completed and under Revision

Life Sucks but Love Bites

27

I nudged my head under Vic’s chin. Even though I had calmed down from my emotional roller coaster Vic refused to let me go. One of his hands were wrapped around my shoulder in a protective manner while the other was running up and down my back, soothing any fear that I had left in my body. We had been lying like this on his bed for some time now and I had the feeling that he wasn’t planning on letting me go anytime soon. I inhaled his sent lightly and shivered. When was it that he started to smell so amazing?

I felt his lips press against my hair as he whispered softly,

“Feeling better?”

I nodded my head against his chest.

“Okay than,” he raked his hands through his hair before he tangled the other in my hair and pulled it forcefully back. Before I could even say anything he crashed his lips against mine. I didn’t even have time to object to this sudden forceful kiss because it was so hot and demanding that it turned my mind into mush. A warm shiver ran through my body as he feasted on my lips. I had admitted my defeat when I moaned against his mouth. He growled his approval at my submission and rolled on top of me. Once there he deepened the kiss claiming my mouth with his tongue.

I could feel the hard thuds of my heart bounding against my chest. Unlike other times I wasn’t embarrassed by its obvious show of affection no instead I was pleased by it. Vic pulled away from my lips and looked down on me. His breath was hot and labored just like mine. I smiled up at his beautiful blue eyes which had lost their icy chill over time. I lifted myself up and touched my lips to his chin. Had I been the one that melted the icy away? I rested my head back against the bed but kept my gaze on him.

A smile touched his eyes as he lowered his head down to my neck. He didn’t kiss it or playfully bite it like I had assumed his would but instead just hovered above it. I could hear my blood pulsing through my veins, the sound was harmonic. Could he hear what he was making my body do?

He raised his head back up with a large grin then grabbed my hand and placed it over his heart. I wasn’t exactly sure what it was that he wanted me to feel at first. His chest was both hot and firm which made my body sing but it wasn’t what he had intended me to feel. Underneath his muscle I could feel the hard rhythmic thumps of his heart racing in his chest. It was racing just as hard as mine was. I stared up into his eyes lovingly and he tightened his grip on my hand.

“This is yours,” He told me then let go of my hand so that he could move his onto my chest. He placed it directly over my pounding heart. “And this is mine.”

I felt my eyes water slightly at his claim but nodded my head to agree. “My heart will always be yours.”

He leaned down and claimed my lips once again.

"DANYELLE!" A bloody curling scream rang out, making Victor and I break apart. We jumped off the bed without a second thought used quick step to rush down the stairs. Cold fear gripped my heart as Vic and I made a quick turn into the living room to see…Danyelle lying next to Reece on the floor with bright colored remote controls in each of their hands.

"Reece, that was so cheating! You can't just pause the game every time I'm about to kill you!"

"Okay you know what! Ask me to build a stun gun in two minutes only using a disposable camera and two paper clips I can do it, ask me to hack into the governments computers in thirty seconds, yeah I can do that too, but ask me to beat you on a freaking video game is near to impossible for me! These games make no sense, the calculations and mathematical equations just don’t add up! I mean take your character for instance her boobs are bigger than her torso and the rest of her figure is too skinny she would be way to off balance to stand still let alone run around like she does, and that fat dude's body weight is too great for him to increase his speed that quickly and sustain it that long."

"…You can make a stun gun?"

"That's not the point! Now can you just give me back my controller?"

"What? No way, you have all the cheat codes downloaded onto this thing."

"So you're beating me anyway."

"Yeah, only because you’re not dropping tanks on me!"

"There's a cheat code for tanks?" Vic than ran over to Danyelle and snatched the controller out of her hands than rapidly started pressing buttons. Danyelle made a pouting face at him but he didn't even notice it. Reece sighed as a tank came smashing down on her character and killed her. "Yeah I win!"

Reece frowned and tossed the remote on the ground. "You want to know how to win a game?" She than stomped over to the play station and stabbed the power button, she than spun around and glared at Vic. "There I win."

"Hey that's not fair I was just getting warmed up!" Vic pouted.

Reece smiled over at him before she walked over to her bag that was lying next to the TV. She pulled out the water bottle that she had made into holy water earlier and tossed it at Vic.

“You look a little thirsty why don’t you have a sip.”

Vic shrugged his shoulders and unscrewed the cap. He took a quick swig of water then recapped the bottle. “Thanks.”

Reece went down onto her knees and watched Vic carefully for a moment. He noticed her staring and asked, “What?”

“Do you feel a slight burning sensation at all or anything?” Reece questioned.

Confused by the questions Vic answered. “Uh no.”

Reece sighed in disappointment. “Another failure.”

Vic caught on after that and looked down at the bottle. “What did you put in it?”

She stood up shrugging her shoulders. “It was just holy water.”

“Holy water!” Vic threw the bottle like it was a disease. “I could have died!”

“Yeah but you didn’t.” Reece sighed again as she walked over to Danyelle. “What a pity.”

"How long have you guys been playing anyway?" I interrupted.

Reece and Danyelle glanced at each other, "Since Winden left." Danyelle spoke.

Vic frozen state when unnoticed as the conversation continued.

"You mean you guys were still here when he left?" I asked urgently taking a few steps over to Danyelle and started padding her done, seeing if Winden had left any sort of mark on her.

"I'm fine Vanessa. Reece and me got in the car and pulled into the next door neighbor's driveway until we saw that he had left. Trust me I wouldn't stay in the same room with that guy after he mentioned the whole threesome thing that just freaked me out." Her shoulder shook suddenly.

Reece nudged my side and pointed over at Vic, “Uhh Vanessa.”

I took a few steps away from Danyelle and turned to Vic. He was standing now with his hands rolled into tight fists that shook by his side. The beautiful blue eyes that I had recently been admiring turned red with hatred.

"That bastard was here!" Vic growled.

I took a step closer to Vic. He was completely in control of his beast half now so there was no need to worry about him hurting anyone but I still didn’t want to see him angry like this. Behind me I saw Reece grab Danyelle’s hand and take her over to the couch to sit. “So I’m guessing you two didn’t do too much talking in that room huh?”

Heat rose to my cheeks. “Shut up Reece.”

She shrugged her shoulders on the couch. “Hey don’t get mad at me you should have told him.”

I looked back over to Vic to see that rage was still coming off the man in waves. “I want to know what happened… now.”

I felt myself nod as I made my way closer to him. “I know,” I stopped when I was a few inches away from him and then looked up into his eyes. “Winden was here a little while ago. I’m pretty sure that he followed me here or something to that extent. His intentions were to kill Danyelle and you however thanks to Reece’s little vampire teeth he was thrown off. He left shortly after.”

Vic closed the distance between us. “Danyelle and Reece left before he did though?”

“Yeah,”

The anger inside of him seemed to suddenly subside. His fingertips touched my cheek lightly. “So you were alone with him for a while.”

I leaned into his touch. “It’s okay,” I whispered. “He just scared me nothing else happened.”

He pulled me into his caring arms and rested his head on top of mine. The embrace was so sudden and unexpected that I was unprepared. Accidently I shivered thinking about Winden. When he was here I was so scared and worried about what would happen to Vic and Danyelle. They had both grown so important to me and I couldn’t imagine waking up one day without them.

“To scare you Vanessa it had to be something pretty big.” He ran his hand down the length of my back. “Will you tell me what he said?”

The fear of losing him was starting to inch its way back into me. Already it had my voice cracking. “He said that he was going to find you.”

Slightly he laughed. “That’s nothing to be worried about,” He tilted my chin up until I was looking into his eyes again. “When that day comes I’ll finally be able to end all of this.”

I shook my head at him. “But you’re not strong enough to take him down.”

He ran his finger over my lower lip. “What are you talking about? As soon as I surpass you I’ll defiantly be able to kill that pampered bastard.”

I laughed softly into his chest. "He's smarter than you Vic."

"Now you're insulting my intelligence? Well it nice to know that my girl believes in me.”

His girl?

I lifted my head up. His eyes were filled with such warmth I couldn’t help but smile and he was smiling too, a breath taking smile that made my heart hammer against my chest.

"Danyelle I think we are intruding in their moment.”

Vic and I looked over at the two sitting on the couch. At some point in our conversation we had forgotten that they were there.

Danyelle shrugged. “Not until they kiss we’re not.”

Heat ran to my face at the thought. Embarrassed I pushed away from Vic and took a few steps to the side. Having some distance between us helped to calm down my racing heart. Vic just laughed at my reaction and started to make his way over to me.

I let out a girlish scream and ran away from him.

“Will you two knock it off already and stay focused.” Reece stood up from the couch with her fists on her hips. “I think we need to direct our attention back to our main PROBLEM HERE!" Reece informed us. She marched over to me like a commander of a large armada. "What is Winden's weakness?"

"His weakness?" I gnawed on this for a moment, "I don’t believe he has one."

Reece smacked her forehead. "Everybody has a weakness we just need some sort of leverage to… I don’t know black mail him or something so that he will call off the wedding so that Vic and you can live happily ever after."

Vic yelled, "Whoa now we're not-

"But I don’t know anything about my alleged fiancée, and even if I did black mailing him wouldn’t work.” I cut off Vic.

"You never know unless we try. So I think it’s about time we start.”

“Start what?” Danyelle asked.

Reece suddenly smirked devilishly. "Recon mission."

***Winden's house***

Vic's POV

It was dark red. So of course I had to go over to the giant bed and feel the fabric. I reached out and felt it in-between my fingers.

Silk.

Of course it's silk. All stuck up rich people have to have the finest.

We had planned everything out. Spent countless hours fretting over every single detail and yet here I was running through the halls. Something had gone wrong. I dropped everything that I was doing and ran from the room. My heart pounding in my chest, my blood pulsing in my vein, and I didn’t stop running until I reached the end of the hallway. There I made a quick turn and suddenly stopped at the scene before me.

Vanessa and her beautiful greens eyes stared blankly at me. My body shook as I took a step closer.

“Vanessa…” She wasn’t looking at me or anything else now because she was dead. Her gorgeous eyes displayed nothing but my horrified expression. Her body leaned against the wall empty and lifeless with her neck torn open. Blood colored the wall behind her as well as the floor beneath her. The red liquid pooled around her pure white figure, her limbs were either broken or popped out of joint.

My eyes were wide with horror I took the last few steps to her than fell to my knees. Her blood soaked into my pants until I could feel the liquid against my knees but I didn’t care. With shaky hands I reached closer and swiped her hair out of her face than rubbed the tiny perfectly formed droplets of blood off as well until she was left bare, perfect, and wide eyed.

My hands trembled terribly as I brought them to her beautiful eyes and closed them. Never to see them flutter open again, never to see them glare at me with such hate again, never to see them cry again, never to see her beautiful smile touch them again, never to see that hidden love again, never.

Her beautiful aroma of wild flowers and roses gilled my nostrils. I had never gotten used to her sent and after this… I would never smell it again. I ran my hands threw her mahogany hair, feeling its silky smoothness one last time. How was I supposed to live on without her?

I glanced down at her lips, the dark rosy shade that every girl wished they had was now pale and dead. I leaned forward and kissed her one last time. As I kissed her cold lips every single moment I had shared with her came flooding back. Every argument, every fight, every glare….every longing, every kiss, every unspoken word of affection I wanted to tell her but was too stubborn to say.

I lifted up my head. My cheeks were now soaking wet and finally I spoke the words she would never hear.

"Vanessa….I love you," I rested my forehead against hers. "I love you! I-I wish I would have told you. I… Don’t leave me Vanessa….please." I cried harder than I had ever cried before.

Who would have known that the first time I told her how I really felt she wouldn’t be able to hear me.

Reece's POV

We had infiltrated Winden's house and Danyelle and I were now in his famous study I was on the computer located at his desk and was cracking every password and firewall that came my way.

Bloodyhorndog8621windenrulestheunderworld_rulerofallunderwearandsmellysocks2366

Really the guy couldn’t do any better than that.

My fingers hit each key with the most accurate persuasion that I never had to hit the delete button. I rounded another set of passwords and the alarm system in the hallways was off. Now I just had to get the room next door and we would be home free-

Something shattered in the room next door sending off a wave of alarms. Red lights flashed and the quick pitter patter of feet soon followed.

Danyelle,

Of course Vanessa had to insist on bringing her along even though both Vic and I disagreed on it.

The door that led to the room I had yet to disenable the alarm was to my left and not even a second after it was triggered it burst open with Danyelle running threw it than quickly slamming it shut behind her. Her chest was heaving and her eyes were wide, but instead of saying 'What do we do!' or 'They are right behind me!' she yells.

"It wasn’t me!"

I just rolled my eyes and looked back towards the computer screen cracking the next few codes. I had a feeling about this next file and I was going to get it even if it killed me!

Danyelle looked at the door than back to me. She took two steps away from the thing before it was kicked open. Knocking the door clear off its hinges. Danyelle screamed as she was suddenly pulled out of the room in a quick flash.

I jumped out of my seat. "Danyelle!"

I raced over to the knocked out door.

Her scream ended with a bloody crush.

I stopped running and peered into the dark room where Danyelle was being held tightly against another's chest.

Her face was still flushed as sweat dripped down her forehead. Her head was tilted back in an unnatural way. Her eyes were wide and staring right at me, they we're already empty and she was already gone.

The long slurp and deep moan was the only thing that brought me away from her hallowed out eyes as she was quickly dropped to the ground. My gaze stayed fixated on her neck as she fell lifelessly to the floor. It was bloody and torn wide open I could see every gory detail.

I started to shake violently as a dark figure came closer to me I didn’t even look up, actually I couldn’t my eyes were overflowing with tears. I already knew who it was that was going to kill me, I saw his eyes. They were unmistakable and so was his smell. Threw my tears I saw the caked on blood. It was Vanessa's. I knew it wasn't Vic's or Danyelle's. He grabbed my shoulders and I felt something in them shatter. I lifted my chin up and cried.

He used this and sunk his teeth into my neck. He sucked greedily and I didn’t fight back until it was too late…..

Winden's POV

I walked into my study and smiled. The room smelled of blood. I heard a plop as the latest kill dropped to the floor. I than clapped my hands as the blood faced rouge named Vic turned around and smiled.

"Well done," I announced before I used quick step and slashed his throat. He fell to the ground. His usefulness was over.

I had planned it all from the start. I needed Vanessa's clan gone. For you see if anything were to have happened to me the council would have proclaimed them next in line, I had heard it secretly at the last meeting. But I couldn’t destroy them because if anyone one would have found out my title and life would have been stripped from me so I had to think of something. Which first led to marriage but I really didn’t want a petty wife so I used it to buy me some time. This in turn led me to finding out about her secret little romance with the rouge. Rouges were so easy to control! All I had to do from there was put a little bit of my blood in one of his drinks and he was mine. He probably had no idea that he was the one who killed Vanessa. The other two were just a nuisance and now they were all gone. I could blame this all of this on the rouge and Vanessa too.

I strolled over to my desk and started to plot. Vanessa and the rouge had come here to kill me and take my thrown. I had killed them in and the other two in my defense. Now Vanessa's entire clan would be killed for their betrayal against me and no one would be in line for my thrown.

I tossed my head back and laughed it had all ended perfectly.

A happy ending for me….
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope to hear a lot of comments from everyone if I get at least two I shall post the next chapter tonight! If not you will all have to wait in suspense hahahhahah sorry writing in Winden's POV makes me a bit evil hahah JUST SO YOU ALL KNOW THIS IS NOT THE END!!!!! Hope you all enjoyed thank you :)