Status: Completed and under Revision

Life Sucks but Love Bites

07

Danyelle's POV

I woke up from my little nap to find not only that I had a killer headache, but also to see Vanessa get hit in the back of the head by none other than my brother. I watched in horror as Vanessa dropped to the ground.

“Vanessa.” I tried to lift myself off the ground but my arms were too shaky. “Vanessa!” I screamed at the top of my lungs. She didn’t so much as lift her head off the ground, she just lied there. Strong arms wrapped themselves around my weak body. Victor rocked me gently back and forth as he whispered into my hair.

“It’s okay, Danyelle I’ve got you.” His voice shook slightly as his grip around me tightened. He ran his hand through my hair. When touched the large bump forming on my head I didn’t even wince. “You’re safe now.”

I was so focused on Vanessa that I barely caught what he was saying. Safe from what?

I called out Vanessa’s name again. She didn’t even flinch at the sound of my voice. I could feel my breathing growing heavier; my brother didn’t go crazy and kill her did he? She was only human and hit like that from Vic would be fatal. My vision seemed a little bit blurry, was she breathing? Slowly I moved Vic’s hands away from me and started to crawl over to my friend. Please don’t be dead. Tears started to form as I inched closer to her. God please don’t let her die.

Vic started calling my name, I ignored and kept moving forward until I reached her. I watched almost awestruck as her chest rose and fell. She was breathing! She wasn’t dead, oh my god she was still breathing!

My soon to be dead brother came over to my side and knelt down beside me. I mustered up as much strength as I could and stood up. I wobbled over Vanessa's laying body. My brother was standing beside me as I started to lose my balance, he even had the nerve to take my arm and place it around his waist so I could LEAN on him.

"Are you alright?"

I took my other arm and punched him as hard as I could in the face.
"Am I Alright? AM I ALL RIGHT? You just knocked out my BEST FRIEND! Does it look like I'm alright to you?" I screamed.

He looked completely shocked over my reaction, so it took him a moment before he could say anything. "Well it just so happens that your so called 'friend' is a vampire and was just about to suck you dry a second ago. In fact if it wasn't for me you would be dead." He said as a matter of fact and he didn't even flinch when I punched him again which just pissed me off even more.

I pulled my arm away from him, and crossed them both over my chest. Vanessa being a vampire would explain a lot, like how she was able to punch Susannah across the room for example. I shrugged it off, that made her a pretty kickass vamp in my book. “Is that so?”

"Yep you should praise me now for saving your ass." I was ready to smack him upside the head.

"So let me get this straight here. Vanessa was trying to kill me?”

“Yep,”

“And you saved me?”

“That’s right.”

“Victor did you not hear what she was saying before you knocked her out?”

He cocked his eyebrow and followed it up with a carless shrug. “I tend to block out bullshit.”

“Now answer me this Vic, if she was trying to kill me why were her final words a warning to me about YOU being a vampire?"
I could tell he was doing some major thinking about that.

Ha Victor thinking? You got to be kidding me.

While Victor was in 'deep thought' I knelt down next to Vanessa and stroked her long black hair. It had fallen from its cute little due on top of her head and was now lying freely across her shoulders.

"Okay let’s say she wasn’t trying to kill you. Why did she bring you up here away from everyone in the gym that could have helped, and more importantly away from ME?" He asked.

I looked up at him and then back towards my friend, "Sense she is a vampire, she probably thought the sight of blood would drive you crazy. So she tried to keep us apart that way nothing would have happened to me and you wouldn’t have done something that you would have regretted. She protected us both Vic.”

"Yeah and what a bang of job she did?” Vic said weakly, "Let’s head on home, I want to get your head checked out.”

"I’ll be fine Vic,” I stated.

“Nope I think your brain has been messed up since I dropped you as a kid,” He whispered.

“What did you say?”

"N-Nothing," he insisted. "Come on let's go home."

"What about Vanessa," I whined.

"She's not coming with us." Vic instructed.

"Oh, yes she is, I refuse to let my friend lay out her in the cold." I protested

"No Way! I can't believe you. You're going to let a full fledged vampire into our warm home when half the time you don’t even let me back inside!” He yelled.

"That's because you're crazy half the time." I shot back. He looked at me for a minute or two then let out a long sigh.

I win.

"Fine," he said.

"Good," I stood up and started walking to the edge of the roof. "Now pick her up so we can go."

"WHAT?" He yelled.

I turned sharply around. "You don’t honestly expect me to carry her off the roof, my head is already bleeding and you knocked her out, you get to carry her."

"But she's a VAMPIRE!" He protested.

"So are YOU!" I shot back.

"Well yeah but… but-"

"Will you hurry up?"

"But…" He grunted. "Err," I heard him curse as he walked over to Vanessa and picked her up bridal style. Then he stormed over to me, giving me an evil glare.

"Aw! Such a good boy”

Victor stepped to the edge of the roof and smiled at me. In a second he tossed Vanessa over the edge.

"VICTOR!" I screeched. When I looked over the edge towards the ground, I saw Vanessa land in Vic's arms. I let out a sigh of relief. "DICK!" He smiled up at me. "Will you just help me get down now?"

"Okay," He said, then dropping Vanessa to the ground.

Asshole

Before I knew it he was right next to me on the roof, extending out his hand. I stood up and reached for it, taking his hand firmly in mine.

"You could have just but her down gently you know?" I said as Vic pulled me into a hug.

We were on the ground and next to Vanessa before he answered me. He bent down and picked her back up.

"Where's the fun in that?" He laughed.

This is going to be interesting.

Oh, you think.

I heard my heels hit the sidewalk, as I followed Vic… wait a minute. Aren't we supposed to be going to the parking lot?

"Vic. Aren't we going to drive home?" I asked out loud.

"Nope,"

"Well why not?" I placed my hands on my hips.

"I'm not having a vampire in my car. You're already making me carry her, so I think I’ve done enough for the night.” He sniffed his shoulder and his face became masked in disgust. “Not to mention the fact that I have to burn my clothes now too.”

We continued on our walk until Vic spotted a mud puddle. I knew exactly what he was planning.

"Vic don't you dare-" I started, but it was too late. When I looked over at Vanessa, her beautiful black hair was dripping in brown muck. "Victor Van Maddax!" I yelled.

"I had a great idea. When she wakes up you have to tell her that I dropped her in dog shit."

"What? Are you crazy?"

"Oh come on… it'll be funny." He whined, "Please… for me?"

I thought for a moment before I realized how I could use this to get my friend home safely. I sighed "Fine, but only if you don’t drop her anymore."

"Yes," He hissed

"You are so immature." I sighed again.

"Wait, I'm not done yet," Suddenly he was leaning Vanessa onto my shoulder. "Hold this for a minute."

"Vic wait, what are you planning on doing?" I asked as Vanessa's limp body began to droop. I wrapped my hands around her waist and held on tight.

Vic turned towards me and gave me a sinister smile. "I never got to heat up the dance floor," Then he disappeared.

I felt the cold breeze toss my messy hair into my face and I quickly swept it back. The mud in Vanessa's hair dripped onto my arm, Vic was going to be in so much trouble when she woke up. I stood there for a minute longer before Vic came back. He gently lifted Vanessa off my shoulder as if he were picking a flower. My heart leapt.

Mmmmm….

"What are you staring at?" Vic questioned.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Nothing, What did you do to the dance?"

He copied my shoulder shrug while answering, "Nothing,"

"Humph," I found out what he did about ten minutes later when a fire truck flew past us and was heading towards the school. I turned towards Vic and caught his grin.

"You didn't?" I looked back towards the flashing lights, "You did! Vic!" I started laughing. Vic had his moments.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for all who have comment I really enjoy hearing from you thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed.