Status: Completed and under Revision

Life Sucks but Love Bites

06

Vic's POV

I hate dances!

I mean really what's the point; people are either standing around watching other people from the sidelines dancing, or are tossing their bodies around in weird ways and calling that dancing, pathetic really. The only reason I was here was because Danyelle wanted me to meet her new friend. Now any other day I wouldn't have really cared, but what if this new friend happened to be a boy? Of course she couldn't ease her older brother's worries, oh no she had to go on saying how great and totally awesome this person was without indicating once weather or not it was a boy or a girl. She just simply stated that I had to come to the dance to meet this totally wicked person. My curiosity had gotten the better of me so I came… okay and I lost a bet against her but whatever I could have totally ditched, if she hadn't been holding my 'Rise Against' CD captive in her room.
Some part of this however was on my own accord. I mean what if it did end up being a boy, no brother in his right mind would leave his baby sister alone with a guy he didn’t know. If it happened to be a girl I would most likely ditch and go home to find my CD. I wasn’t interested in any of the underclassmen girls anyway and I wasn’t going to be a third wheel either. So here I am waiting to find out if I should leave with Danyelle or without her.

I leaned back against the wall and watched the crowd. Obviously this person wasn’t going to show up anytime soon. Maybe they won’t even show up. Smiling to myself I began to relax against the brick walling. Danyelle’s constant fidgeting kept putting bugging me, I was going to tell her to knock it off, when I caught a glimpse of something interesting. I turned my head just in time to see this one girl passing by a few feet away. She seemed to glow light up the night with her pale skin. Her skin was more like perfect then creepy unlike some other people who didn’t see the sun. She had a laced up back dress, it was almost too elegant for a school dance but I was a guy so what would I know. Her dress however did hug her every curve in a very complementing way, it would have been wrong for me to not appreciate it. Her long legs topped it off, she wasn’t freakishly tall or anything but just the perfect height for me. Her head would fall just below my chin which in my opinion was perfect. Without even seeing her face I knew that she was just as perfect there as well. She had her face turned the opposite direction so I couldn't see it, but I could tell from the back that she had a nice curve going for her chin. She wondered aimlessly around the dance floor as if she was searching for someone.

Boyfriend,

A sigh escaped my mouth when she walked out of the room. The first interesting thing I see at this dance and she's gone within seconds. A sigh escaped as I closed my eyes and leaned back against the wall.

"What's wrong with you?"

I crack open my eye, looking at Danyelle. "I don't know, when is your friend going to get here?"

A little bit of annoyance snuck into her tone. "Beats me, It should be here already."

"Did you just say IT?” My eyes widened as my hand grabbed her shoulder. “Okay a boy would have been better than an IT, we are so fucking out of here." I began to drag her out of the corner when she tugged back,

"Will you stop it? I'm only saying IT is an IT so that you won't find out if IT is a boy or girl and ditch me!"

I stopped pulling at her when a strange feeling vibrated through me, something didn't feel right. The air around me turned cold and had my stomach doing painful flip. Whatever was coming put me in full alert, I didn’t understand why I had gone into such a defensive mood. My nostrils flared, taking in a large whiff of the air around me. Nothing felt out of the ordinary, all that was there were a bunch of teenagers and flashing lights. Something bad was coming I could feel it in my soul, and whatever it was it was watching.

A vampire must be close by.

The words had sprung into my head and even though I didn’t understand how, I knew it was right.

Vampires weren’t exactly my favorite topic seeing as how all they brought me was pain. The day I was turned was going to haunt me for the rest of my days. A vampire. Can you believe it? A fucking mystical creature that isn't even supposed to be real and now I had joined the club. I laughed silently at the un-humorous joke.

Another chill ran up my spine and pulled me back into the world, a vampire was getting closer. I tightened my grip on Danyelle's shoulder.

"Vanessa!" She screamed and ran away from my careful watch. She ran towards the IT… I think. Well IT was wearing a dress so I hoped,

IT was a girl.

Now that I knew there was a vampire here I had kind of wished Danyelle’s friend would have been a boy. It would have given me a good reason to get her out of here. Danyelle chatted with her friend like there was nothing to be afraid of. Seeing her smiling and laughing I almost believed that everything was perfect. Danyelle finally made her way back over to me after a moment, tugging on her friend behind her.

"Vic this is my friend Vanessa, Vanessa this is my older brother Victor. But he likes to be called Vic." Danyelle introduced.

I looked at Vanessa and … perfect. She had this black dress on that looked exactly like the one that girl…SHE WAS THAT ONE HOT GIRL! I took a good look at her face since I hadn't been able to see it earlier. I had been right about her delicate features, but I would have never had gotten her eyes. She had these killer green eyes with little flecks of silver. It was usual to see silver but they were too metallic to be classified as grey. Seeing her face matched with her coal black hair just brought her entire image together. My stomach turn… but to my surprise it was in a bad way.

I felt my fangs poke the sides of my mouth. My hands started to tremble in my pocket.

"Nice to meet you Victor," Vanessa said in a honey sweet voice.

I was going to play it safe by sticking to my normal routine and telling her to call me Vic, but my throat tightened. Was I seriously this into the girl?

I tried to distract myself by looking at her lips, first I noticed the color. They were a natural dark red, her full lips cracked open just the tiniest bit and suddenly I was wondering what it would be like to kiss her. That is until I noticed them, it was only a quick flash but I had caught it. Her canine teeth were just the slightest bit bigger than they were supposed to be. I could feel my eyes pull together to make a deadly glare. She was the vampire. Her once moonlight skin turned into death, with her eyes looking even more like a spell. I started to wonder how many lives she had taken using her lethal beauty. Anger and fear boil up inside my body. What if she was planning on using Danyelle as her next victim? If she so much as laid a hand on her I was going to rip her to shreds using my own vampire claws.

The vamp cocked her brows, as if she was confused. I wondered how long it was going to take the dumb brood to figure out that she wasn’t only vampire at this school. Slowly her facial expression began to change between thoughtful, and confused, until finally she was returning my glare. She broke her glare from mine to glance at Danyelle, I wanted to rip her eyes out from her just looking at my sister, but I knew I couldn’t let Danyelle see such gore. She gets nightmares.

Danyelle began to move towards the refreshment table. We glared at each other for what seemed like forever, neither of use knowing exactly what to do. Attack each other right here and now or make the other leave. I wasn’t going anywhere without Danyelle so it looked like we were going to have to go with option one. Before I could so much as lift a finger something changed. The vampire dropped her glare and started sniffing the air. Instead of being left in the dark I took a sniff as well. Almost instantly my teeth sharpened and rammed into my lower lip. Whatever it was that I smelt didn’t smell all that bad. It had a copper or maybe it was iron taste to it but I didn’t see how that would make my teeth… unless I was smelling blood! By the sudden strong scent of it I could tell that there was a lot. My stomach craved the thought of it but I felt really sick at even thinking about it. A sudden though hit me. Were more vampires here? Were my so called 'classmates' in trouble? Was it their blood I smelled?

The vamp chick turned towards me with her eyes blood red and fangs fully extended. I could see the twinkle in her eyes and knew that she was going after the source. Her pupils contracted and within a second everything around us started to slow down, like she was freezing time itself. The music became nothing but a slow hum and the people just seemed to be a 3-D picture. I tried keeping my eyes on her but she just became a giant fuzzy shape until she was gone! I started to frantically search for her around the room, I caught a glimpse of her in the corner of my eye. She was moving at a quick pace but she looked kind of fuzzy as well, almost as if I couldn’t focus on her. I ran to follow her, at first I felt like some kind of force was holding me back but slowly it dissipated. When I caught up with her she had her back to me and was looking down at the floor. Even if I didn’t see the heavy liquid on the floor I would have been able to tell what it was just by sniffing the air. I could practically breathe it in. My fangs grew heavy with anticipation. The temptation of running over to the source and feasting was unbearable, why hadn’t I had it before?
I took a step closer to the sweet smell. The vampire, finally noticing my presences, turned her body slightly and looked at me. Her eyes snapped back and forth between me and the floor. I followed her gaze and looked down at the floor in horror; it was Danyelle.

Danyelle!

I could feel a huge pressure hit my shoulders; pushing me down to the floor, until my knees started to shake. I wanted this to be some kind of illusion but I knew it wasn't. Her blood was too real and smelled too good not to be. My heart pumped faster inside my chest as if it were about to burst. The only thing that kept me going was gone. What was I supposed to do? How could I possibly continue on with this life if she wasn’t there with me? I was about to reach down and hold her when…she was gone! In her place was her halo of blood.

My insides bulged and quaked, trembling not from fear but rage.

That bitch was dead.

I ran through the crowd of people pushing and shoving them out of my way. My sister… my sister dead or not was with a bloody vampire! This was unacceptable. I lifted my chin, my nostrils flared with all kinds of different aromas. I could smell the blood−her scent− leaving just the faintest of trials. I’ve found you.

The doors snapped off their hinges and a rush of the cool night air whipped my bare skin. Slightly I turned and looked up the length of the school building. Something inside of me clicked, I knew where she was. A growl vibrated my lips while claws dung their way into the palm of my hand. Tiny drops of blood gave dampness to the air around me. I didn’t exactly know how to get up a two story building from outside, but by God I would figure it out.

My head started running a million different possibilities of how I could scale a building fast enough to save Danyelle, but nothing seemed quick enough. Frustrated I slammed my fist into the brick wall; rubble fell carelessly to the ground and I looked back at the hole I had created. I smiled to myself even though it might not have been the most covert way of getting up there it was sure the quickest. I started making more holes to grip onto as I scaled the wall and at that moment I was confident that I was going to be victorious. I was at the edge of the roof in a matter of seconds; I lifted myself up enough to where I was able to see. There in the center was Danyelle in the clutches of the vampire. I vaulted my way over the ledge, and landed in a crouched position. I could feel the dull ends of rusted nails sinking into my skins and frankly I didn’t give a shit.

I was so enraged that when I opened my mouth to tell her to get the hell away from my sister, the only thing that came out was this low, feral growl. Her head shot around and stared at me for barely a second before she turned back around and looked at Danyelle. The creature took care to place Danyelle’s head delicately onto the floor, as if she had emotions. In the back of my mind I questioned her actions until she stood up and turned her head towards mine. Her eyes might have been closed by I could tell by her deep breathing that she was building up the courage to fight me or maybe she was concentrating on fighting me instead of the drinking blood. I pulled myself the rest of the way up from the edge and stood straight. Her eyebrows were brought down into a frown and her lips were pushed into a line. She looked so angry and fearless yet… her hands were shaking violently by her side.

Is … is she nervous?

It didn't matter one bit to me though because she had Danyelle in her reach. Her eyes were still closed so I seized the moment and took a step closer. Her eyes burst open like a fire cracker. They were terrifying in a way, around her pupils was this silver color and it was… kind of pretty almost; however, the rest of her eyes were blood red pools. She bent her knees a little like she was getting ready to tie her shoe or something and then she let out a long hiss… like a fucking cat!

O-k-a-y a little weird but hey I did growl.

I mimicked her crouching technique and sprinted forward. As soon as I was within reach of her… she vanished.

Vanessa's POV

As soon as he was in hitting range, I ducked. I extended my arm back to make two quick, yet powerful jabs to his stomach. He staggered backwards with his hands on his abdomen and smiled.

Bats

Bloody flipping bats!

I was going to have to kick it up a notch. I used a small amount of quick step and ended up behind him. Once there I swung my left foot and kicked his feet out from under him. He slammed into the floor with a loud thump. Without a moment’s hesitation I dove on top of him and while pinning his arms against his sides with my legs. With my hands free I just went to town, punching his face, left right, left, right as fast and as hard as I could. I felt pretty confident after a minute that I was winning and it’s not like I was actually trying to kill him so I loosened up just a little.

I must have loosened my grip a little too much because the next thing I knew I was flat on my back with him on top of me! He had my hands above my head and was sitting on my waist, okay I admit, I got a little nervous. I tried kicking him put his head was out of reach from my legs. I wiggled under him… heck I struggled but I wasn't getting anywhere. I knew I had to calm down; otherwise I was never going to get out of this little predicament. So I stopped struggling, I know stupid idea, and waited for an idea to strike me. The strange part was that he didn't do anything to me, but his breathing seemed to be closer. I slowly opened my eyes.

HOLY STAKES!

He was like an inch away from my face! I took the opportunity and whacked my forehead against his. I do admit that my sight blurred for about a second, with his hands lose around my arms I pushed them away and karate chopped him in the side of the neck. He fell over onto his side in pain.

Ha suck on that!

I did a quick backwards roll and flipped myself up off the ground. Once up I got into a fighting stance and extended my index finger, challenging him to attack. He slowly rose off the ground while rubbing the side of his hurt neck. I felt a smile play its way onto my lips. I didn’t want to piss him off too much so I swallowed a small giggle in my throat, before he charged. His left arm came at me low and very fast, but I easily dodged it and gave him a quick punch in the gut.

Direct Hit baby!

He recovered quickly and swung again, I dodged it and swiftly I kicked his right side, near his upper abdomen. He wobbled around a bit and I just looked at him with a big ass smile.

"Ohm," A voice moaned.

I glanced over at Danyelle, she started tossing and turning on the ground. She was waking up… obviously in pain. A fleck of worry skidded across my mind and I started to walk towards her… but something held me back. I felt a strong grip on my wrist and did a quick back kick. My foot hits something hard. I turn and see my foot had connected itself to Vic's stomach.

I knew it he does have a six pack!

This is no time to be thinking about his abs!

*drools*

You disgust me,

He grabbed my ankle and started to twist it.

"Ah-
I used his grip on my foot as leverage and spun in the air to hit him with my other foot when HE dropped me! Yeah, that's right, He flipping DROPPED ME by letting go of my foot. I barely landed on my feet! I heard a loud 'thump' and twirled around towards Danyelle. She had fallen backwards and was groaning in agony. I started to run towards her when I was thrown against a hard brick wall, which I didn't even know was only a few feet away. I whimpered out in pain. Then using quick step I raced towards him knocking him down with a punch to the face. He fell backwards upon impact.

Opps! Did I do that?

You Idiot! We're not supposed to hurt him!

Ha-ha sorry,

I noticed that it was my concern for Danyelle that was leaving my defenses wide open to Vic's attacks, but what was I supposed to do? Just not care if Danyelle was alright or not?
I grabbed her brother by the collar of his shirt and yanked him up off the ground. I than brought him over to the wall and pushing Vic against it I placed my hands around his neck. My fangs were pushing against my lips. I could easily snap his neck right then but … I heard a grunt,
I turned my attention back towards Danyelle, Vic took advantage of this and pushed my arms away from his neck, then taking one of them and pushing it up behind my back. I gasped, and I guess Danyelle heard me because she was staring right at me in some kind of a daze.
"Danyelle, you need to get out of here! Your brother is a vamp-"

I felt a huge force hit the side of my head, and I fell to the floor in pain. Everything was fading away into a black and gray mist and it was quickly consuming my sight. The gray spread over everything like a plague and then it got darker and turned black. I tried to move my body but it wouldn't move! Then suddenly I felt like I was in a dream, but in this dream… I couldn't wake UP!

Nightmare!
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed please tell me what you thought of think of the story so far :)