Call Me Crazy

On to English

Spanish dragged on with Kevin’s eyes boring into my skull. I didn’t want to tell him the truth, yet I didn’t want to lie to him. He was just too sweet, and completely not the guy I would lie too. He would know if I did, anyways.

I thought back to what Ben had said to me, just leave me alone, Ok? The words were still stinging in my ears. Whether he had intended for it to hurt me or not, It did. What had I done? I kept asking myself, there were no logical answers.

I had only talked to Ben once, which was at the mall. That one conversation was so in depth and he seemed so alive and comfortable. What happened?

I was in the middle of my questioning thoughts when I felt Kevin griping my shoulders. I looked up at him.

“The bell rang,” he stated, helping me gather my books.

“Oh,” was all I said.

“Niki, I’m not going to give up. I need to know what’s wrong,” He said, his eyes glistening with concern.

I sighed and gave in, “I’ll tell you later, meet me at my locker after school and I’ll explain.” He gave me a reassuring smile and a half hug before walking off.

I made my way to my locker and was met by no other than Adam. I gave him a small smile and he returned it with his famous lopsided grin. I felt myself giggle. What was I, a thirteen-year-old girl? I asked myself.

“So where’s your next class?” He asked, his husky voice sending chills down my spine, leaving me at a temporary loss for words.

“English, in room 209,” I said once I had gained my voice back.

“Ok, cool. I have that class next, I’ll walk you there,” He explained as I fished a few books out of my locker. It was a silent walk to English, for neither of us had much to say, until he finally spoke up again.

“So why’d you move?” he asked, his eyes focused ahead.

“Back to Chicago? Or away from here in the first place?” I said, asking for clarification.

“Um, both?” he said, although it was more of a question, and turning to me.

“We moved away because my dad got a job in Wisconsin and he moved back because of his job again. I just hope it keeps me here for the rest of high school,” I explained, “I don’t like moving all that much.”

“Oh, ok,” he said as if he’d been expecting more.

“Why do you ask?” I asked, hoping for an answer to explain his last reaction.

“Oh, no reason,” he said as we entered the English room. I saw Alexis and waved to her. She made a gesture with her hands, which I interpreted as, “What are you doing with Adam?” I rolled my eyes.

“Hey, Adam?” I asked.

“Hmm?” he said, his bright eyes meeting mine.

“Um, I’m going to go sit down with Alexis, so, um, I’ll talk to you later,” I stuttered. His eyes had made it hard to speak, once again.

“Ok, bye Niki,” he said and turned to his friends. The way he had said my name caused shivers, once again, to travel down my spine like the tremors of an earthquake. That boy has no idea what he does to me.

“Spill,” Alexis demanded as I slid into the seat next to her.

“I met him during chemistry, and he came to my locker after Spanish and walked me here,” I said, trying to keep my voice from quivering, for I was still shaken up from the walk here.

“Bull shit,” she said, earning a glare from the teacher, “That guy is the most sought after seniors at the school. He barely ever flirts with girls,” I opened my mouth to protest, but Alexis held up her hand to stop me, and then continued, “and no offense, he doesn’t ever converse with people like us.”

“Oh,” was all I said. That made sense why Mackenzie was glaring at me: I have the school ‘hottie’ flirting with me. Wait, flirting?

“He was not flirting with me,” I finally defended myself. Alexis just cracked a smile.

“He so was!” she disagreed, “It’s just so obvious,” I glared at her, “Whatever,” she said.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK!!!! hi!!!

I'm so sorry that took so long to post. I just returned from camp and this is the only chapter of this story that I completed. I have the next chapter in planning, and I hope to get it posted before I leave (again) tomorrow morning.

So the camp I went to was a journaling one, which we work on letting our thoughts down onto the page, and now looking at the writing in my stories, it seems so amature. I hope to change that soon, so if you see any changes in my style, that explains it in advance... XP

So yeah... COMMENTS!!!! I will give you another virtual cookie!! ;P

Peace&Love, Erin