That Night You Took Away a Little More Than Just My Breath

He's Not Good For You.

It’s been a week since that day, and thinks are slowly getting back to normal again. I kept contact with Travis, and it turned out that he was a tech for Atreyu, a band with which we are touring right now. What are the chances, right?

Anyways, I was happy about it because I really like him. He’s a lot like me, and it’s nice to have someone who’s around my age around. We hung out every chance we got, and we got closer each time.

Zacky and I have been hanging out more than before, too. I feel like he is just trying to make it up to me for being an asshole, but it’s still nice. If I’d been Zacky’s age, I would’ve probably crushed on him so hard. Hell, who am I kidding, now that I was really starting to get to know him and getting more comfortable around him, I still had to keep myself from touching him in ways that friends, especially with our age difference, don’t touch.

Zacky, however, didn’t seem to really have the same problem. He’d often take my hand in his, or put his hand on my thigh, and he started getting protective over me. If anybody talked shit about me, they’d have to deal with Vengeance.

I liked it most of the time, the way he seemed to start caring about me, and how he was protective. But when I went out with Travis, it was kind of annoying. He usually got overprotective and acted really mean towards Travis.

Tonight was such a night. I was getting ready to go out with Travis, whom would come and pick me up in about ten minutes. I was wearing a short jeans skirt and a hot pink tube top with lots of black eyeliner and mascara, making my eyes pop. When I walked out of the bathroom, Zacky looked up from where he was sitting on the couch and his eyes widened slight. “Where’re you going?” was the first thing he asked.

“Out with Travis,” I answered simply and honestly.

“Not dressed like that you’re not.”

I sighed, “You’re not my dad, Zack.”

“So that means that you can go out with some guy who’s gonna take advantage of you dressed like that, does it?” he asked getting up and standing in front of me.

I rolled my eyes, “Just drop it.”

There was knocking on the door, and seconds later, Travis walked in, looking hot as usual. He was wearing a pair of light jeans that were the perfect fit: not too skinny, and not too baggy. He was also wearing a black Converse shirt and his hair was put up, making it look really sexy.

“Hey, babe, you ready to go?” he asked walking over to Sommer and wrapping his arm around her waist after nodding to Zacky.

Zacky looked over at me before standing in front of Travis. Travis may have been a guy with big arms and a nice six-pack, but in front of Zacky, he looked like a young smaller boy. “No, she isn’t ready, she’s staying here.”

“Zacky,” I said warningly glaring at him, before turning to Travis and nodding, gently pushing him towards the door.

“Sommer,” Zacky said grabbing my wrist and pulling me back.

I groaned looking over at him and his stubborn face.

I sighed then looking over at Travis. “Trav, I’m gonna just stay here and talk some sense into him, alright? I don’t know what’s wrong with him this time. I’m sorry,” I said sincerely.
Travis looked down at her understandingly and smiled, “Yeah, ok. We’ll just hang out tomorrow or something. Bye, Sommer,” he said leaning down and planting a small but sweet kiss on her lips and then made his way out.

Zacky huffed.

Sommer watched Travis leave, and then she turned to Zacky. “What the hell is your problem?”

Zacky looked at her surprised. “What are you talking about? I don’t have a problem, I just don’t want you to go out with that kid. He’s trouble.”

“Travis is a good guy.”

“He’s a scrawny little boy, Sommer, that’s what he is.”

“What the fuck, you don’t even know him.”

“He’s not good for you!”

“Then what’s good for me, huh, Zack? Do you have to come and check out each guy I like for me now and then tell me who I fucking can or cannot go out with? That’s bullshit.”

Zacky walked dangerously close to her at a fast pace with an angry expression, and it kind of scared her. She walked backwards until her back hit the wall, and she looked away from him, afraid of what he’d do.

He grabbed her chin between his thumb and index finger, making me look up at him. “Good enough for you is a guy who can take care of you, and has a steady job, and is a man not some little boy. Someone who can love you the way you deserve to be loved, and a guy who will stand up for you and be there for you no matter what. A guy like me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I was waiting for one more comment, and since I got it today here's your update. Hope you like it... (: