That Night You Took Away a Little More Than Just My Breath

Breaking Their Hold.

The following morning I woke up more nervous than I had ever been while being on the bus with the guys, and I have to tell you, the first morning when I had to face them without Scar and I was hoping to God that they would still be nice to me and all I was nervous chickenshit.

This time I wasn’t nervous because of that however. This time I was nervous to see Zacky’s reaction to me when he saw me. What if he still acted towards me like he had last night? I don’t know what I’d do then. I guess I’d probably leave even though I really didn’t want to leave. It would probably mean goodbye to all of the guys. But how could I stay? Zacky is the one I was closest to, and he’s the one who invited me on the bus. I was slowly starting to get closer with the other guys, too, but I didn’t think that we were close enough for them to beg me to stay.

I put some short shorts over my panties in which I’d slept, and checked to make sure that my tank top was still on ok and that my hair wasn’t too much of a mess.

I could hear the guys’ voices from the living area, so it must’ve already been pretty late because those guys slept longer than anybody I knew.

I quietly made my way inside, muttering a quick ‘good morning’ to the guys, as I made my way into the kitchen for some breakfast.

I poured some cereal into a bowl along with just a little bit of milk since I didn’t like milk, I just used it to get the cereal soft. I grabbed my bowl and made my way over to the table. I stopped walking when I noticed that Zacky was sitting there already with his elbow leaning on the table and his hand holding his head while he took a bite of his cereal every so often.
I swallowed hard before making my way over to the chair opposite of him and sat down.
He didn’t say anything.

Was he still whatever he was last night, or had he just not noticed me?
I had to know, so I decided to speak up.

“Hey, Zacky,” I said, but I wasn’t even sure if he’d heard me. I barely heard myself.
When his head moved up to look at me, however, I knew that he had. He just nodded in response before looking back down.

I sighed. “Are you still mad or whatever?” I asked, just a little louder this time.
He shook his head, “Nope,” and then got up, put his bowl in the sink, and started walking away.

I quickly got up and walked after him until I was right behind him. I grabbed his wrist and made him turn around. He looked at me with an expression on his face that I’d never seen before on anybody. I didn’t know exactly what it meant, but it looked kind of pained.

“What’s wrong?” I repeated the question.

“I told you it’s nothing,” he said raising his voice.

I held my lower lip back with my teeth, as I looked at him hurt. “Fine. Can you tell the driver to stop at the next gas station? I’m leaving,” I said already turning around and walking to the bunk area, not wanting to hear him say that he was happy that I was leaving or anything similar.

Seconds after I closed the door of the bunk area behind me, the door opened again and in walked Zacky. “What do you mean you’re leaving?” he asked, his voice much weaker than before. “You can’t leave.”

“What are you holding me as a prisoner now?” I asked. If he was going to be mad at me and not even tell me why, I could be annoyed at him.

He sighed. “You know that’s not what I mean. I just… I don’t want you to go.”

“What am I supposed to do here if you’re being mean to me, Zack? You’re the one who invited me on this bus. I don’t even know if the other guys really care that much about me being here, and I don’t wanna be here if you’re just gonna ignore me,” I said truthfully.
“I don’t want you to go,” he repeated.

“Well then tell me why you’re mad, so I can try to fix it!”

“I’m not mad, OK. I promise. Just stay.”

I sighed not liking the fact that he was obviously never going to tell me. “Fine… I’ll stay.”